Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons are using the incorrect elements

Shade-Nightclaw

Now I have been noticing this for a while but i thought it was just using extras on top from a bug but no, today i noticed my prisma grakta using toxin/radiation when i clearly had it set to heat/corrosive , now it is not the only weapon doing this either, something is wrong with the games engine that manages your elemental settings with the mods because almost every weapon i am using is using the incorrect elements even though its clearly not set to those elements, please do something about this it is screwing up my builds.

I've noticed this occasionally on several weapons, with no rivens installed that could confuse it either.  One notable instance is taxon setup for gas (and cold by default) seems to randomly do radiation occasionally.  It is odd indeed.

17 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I've noticed this occasionally on several weapons, with no rivens installed that could confuse it either.  
One notable instance is taxon setup for gas (and cold by default) seems to randomly do radiation occasionally.  It is odd indeed.

Not odd at all, Taxon's Molecular Conversion deals Radiation damage and has a chance to proc.

10 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Not odd at all, Taxon's Molecular Conversion deals Radiation damage and has a chance to proc.

lol, figures.  Information that should be visible in the game but is only magically known on the wiki.  Oh well.  The same is probably the case for other such situations.  The arsenal stats don't divulge all these hidden gems of information that would probably be great to know when using such weapons or mods.

Hell as far as the in-game description of the mod is concerned the precept should be doing Blast damage and not radiation at all.

Whatever.

First I have to ask, you're sure you set the elements in the right order? Second, you don't have any embers or Frost's or such messing with your element combo with the #1 augment? Also anything else that you're using to change the element combo....Like electric shield...? Forgive me if I seem skeptical, I haven't noticed anything like this and it's very easy to forget the types of things that could change this (non-bug wise)

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you don't happen to have a mod conflict between a sentinel weapon and your actual weapon. I've had a few times where I didn't realize I didn't actually have a second copy of something, went into a mission, and had a completely different damage setup because I had a mod disabled due to it being on my sentinel weapon and the game didn't do its usual warning of there being a modding conflict.