The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

12 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

At higher levels Renewal isn't going to save you. Building for Rage & Quick Thinking only serve to take away potential from his actual skills, you end up building just to solo tank instead of being able to actually DO something with your skills. Granted his kit is still ineffectual outside of just 'tanking' atm so I suppose that is a valid build.

Prior to rework I had fun using his entire kit, even if I wasn't killing most of the enemies I hit, it was at least fun. Now to get anything done I have to build for a 'synergy' I didn't ask for, and only so I can 'sort of' tank. If I wanted to just be a tank with HP regen, Id just play Nidus more, or Inaros, or Nekros. Oberon should be a viable alternative to Trinity, not just a 'I guess that sort of works' warframe.

I have to ask, renewal isn't going to save me from what?  The apocalypse? doomsday?  I just kick back and relax through any starchart mission, and in axi fissures 20 some waves in, I just play normally (move/kill things) and I just don't go down.  I'm really not expecting it to "save" me in the same way as a clutch blessing, cause that's what trinity is for.  I expect it to make things less of a hassle.  

12 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

So anyone have any idea how to just kinda have 'fun' with Oberon? I can't talk for anyone else but this whole experiance is leaving me really bitter.

I'm having fun just doing survivals/defense, propping up the whole party and giving sweet returns to the equinox/rhino players(strength buffs).  I do this while also laying DoT fields, confusing groups thereby taking heat off of the team, casting smite while reloading, and saying "sit down for a second" to large groups of enemies that also softens them up for the picking. I've also come around on cats, that adarza puts in a ton of work

It's really just you consuming too much pessimism, cynicism, bandwagon hate, and nidus is OP comments in just a short amount of time.  Really, reading comments from some of you guys confirms for me that we must be playing two different games.  

5 minutes ago, robbybe01234 said:

It's really just you consuming too much pessimism, cynicism, bandwagon hate, and nidus is OP comments in just a short amount of time.  Really, reading comments from some of you guys confirms for me that we must be playing two different games.  

its more so seeing 2 amazing frames and a great rework then getting this

Edited by (PS4)TwilightGrim

20 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

its more so seeing 2 amazing frames and a great rework then getting this

12 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Chased down by prominent voices snarling at those of us that know DE can do better and express dissatisfaction while offering what we can in way of playtested backed advice. 

Again, Oberon is in a better place now than he was last week. He's just not in the place i thought he might be after seeing Limbo, Nidus and octavia in action.

Seems like a dire mindset.  Still you're bringing it on yourselves, ruining your own time.  I get to have a nidus and when I want to see and hear different things while engaging with the game in a slightly different way, I get to have an oberon.  And when I really want a change I have a limbo.  

Your writing comes across like they deleted these awesome frames in favor of this "train wreck of a frame". This "dumpster fire of creativity". haha

edit: Also you say he's not in the place you thought he might be.  I mean, is he supposed to have a 2 that cc's by somehow pulling enemies close together?  Is his 1 supposed to build paladin stacks because his 2 cc'd enemies in a certain way?  Is he supposed to have stacks?  Was his 3 supposed to only have 1 target at a time?  Was he supposed to use a low efficiency mod load out?  

Not expecting an answer just some questions that pop into my head.

Edited by robbybe01234
expectation question

Sry but I have to vent some steam.... I am just so disappointed at DE.

Really from all the great suggestions over the past YEARS and all the suggestion the community recently came up with IN ADDITION to all the math that has been laid out to them after his initial rework(Brozime) their solution simply is: "Here, have some +50 base energy.".

W h a t   a   l e t d o w n.

Ask yourself: how many years have people on reddit and on theese forums put suggestions and feedback about Oberon here for DE? You could read about Oberon nearly every week. People actually care about Oberon, so do I.... but we got an armor buff and Phoenix Renewal actually being usable - you know, the things that should've been baseline from the start. I know that this was not a "Rework" but an "adjustment" - still this implementation with no regards to any feedback of the past YEARS (yes I want to emphasize the timeframe again) is more an insult to me than anything.

Here is my message for DE: Please don't touch Hydroid - I just don't believe you're up for it anymore.

5 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Yeah, why make the spawn chance tied to Reckoning kills when it does flat damage...

I'm assuming they thought the armor strip and bonus damage for irradiated targets would help with that. Problem is it doesn't.. not at all... Pretty much a novelty at this point. But like I said I don't think any other changes are coming for Oberon. Ppl like AGGP who have a massive following have seen to that. After all we're asking for a mile with such massive changes..... The excuse from YouTube partners now is "you can do sorties with him so he's fine" Well I can do sorties with hydroid and old Oberon that didn't mean they were fine now did it... It's aggravating honestly because he is better anyone that says this is a nerf is blind but he's literally standing RIGHT at the finish line with one little nudge he'd be there but that's to much to ask apparently. Looks to me like they're too caught up with Harrow to care about Oberon anymore at this point. Pretty sure he's the reason this rework was rushed out the door so fast. That and his prime. They announced it and like 3 days later it was here and that showed. Most rushed rework I've ever seen. Irony is I'm almost positive Harrow is gonna come out way more solid then Oberon.

Edited by (PS4)destroyerchris1

2 hours ago, (PS4)destroyerchris1 said:

I'm assuming they thought the armor strip and bonus damage for irradiated targets would help with that. Problem is it doesn't.. not at all... Pretty much a novelty at this point. But like I said I don't think any other changes are coming for Oberon. Ppl like AGGP who have a massive following have seen to that. After all we're asking for a mile with such massive changes..... The excuse from YouTube partners now is "you can do sorties with him so he's fine" Well I can do sorties with hydroid and old Oberon that didn't mean they were fine now did it... It's aggravating honestly because he is better anyone that says this is a nerf is blind but he's literally standing RIGHT at the finish line with one little nudge he'd be there but that's to much to ask apparently. Looks to me like they're too caught up with Harrow to care about Oberon anymore at this point. Pretty sure he's the reason this rework was rushed out the door so fast. That and his prime. They announced it and like 3 days later it was here and that showed. Most rushed rework I've ever seen. Irony is I'm almost positive Harrow is gonna come out way more solid then Oberon.

Well he better if Oberon got the shaft for it.

Let Oberon regain Energy from Irradiated enemies killed on Hallowed Ground.

I can say that the entire rework so far has been wonderful. Except for two things, the forced synergy and the energy cost as a direct result of that. 

Adding an Armor Buff (even if it's the old % buff) and a Small Energy Regen from kills on irradiated targets on Hallowed Ground makes it useful by itself and increases the reward for using it in conjunction with Iron Renewal and Reckoning while removing the dependency to a degree and also addressing the energy drain.

Whenever there is a Nekros in the lobby and he uses his shadows, Renewal counts them as allies and drains your full energy pool in seconds. I'm pretty sure this is nor a bug nor an intended feature, just missed.

12 minutes ago, Josel2696 said:

Whenever there is a Nekros in the lobby and he uses his shadows, Renewal counts them as allies and drains your full energy pool in seconds. I'm pretty sure this is nor a bug nor an intended feature, just missed.

I tink it is intended, because it is one of the few heals in the game that is actually able to heal shadows, keeping them up forever. Yes the drain is high, but not unsustainable. When i run with a nekros in my party i always use syndicate weapons that restore energy when they proc to help me out.

renewal on hallowed ground = technically infinite armor buff. no carpet required after the cast. and it can bring even banshee up to over 1000 armor due to not being percentage.

also. you know whats nice about renewal? it regenerates your HP. meaning it synergizes with this great mod called rage. which turns damage taken to health into energy... meaning that all you have to do is take damage to cast your abilities.

1 minute ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

renewal on hallowed ground = technically infinite armor buff. no carpet required after the cast. and it can bring even banshee up to over 1000 armor due to not being percentage.

also. you know whats nice about renewal? it regenerates your HP. meaning it synergizes with this great mod called rage. which turns damage taken to health into energy... meaning that all you have to do is take damage to cast your abilities.

Rage may be a good call for Oberon but doesn't synergies well with his radiation kit. Because if enemies are too busy shooting at each other and firing at you half the time. How you expect to keep up with the energy drain if you have renewal on your whole squad?

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Rage may be a good call for Oberon but doesn't synergies well with his radiation kit. Because if enemies are too busy shooting at each other and firing at you half the time. How you expect to keep up with the energy drain if you have renewal on your whole squad?

cast less abilities.... you dont have to spam your CC if the enemy is radiated.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Guardian Derision can help you there. Those near you irradiated will shoot you to fill your energy pool, while crossfire from enemies out of range will shoot and/or damage the confused ones around you.

It can definitely be annoying trying to apply your armor buff to teammates who won't stand still for 5 seconds. Although I can't really blame them since the only direct benefit to standing on Hallowed Ground is immunity to status effects, which you don't really have to worry about most of the time.

It'd be less of a hassle if Hallowed Ground itself granted the armor buff, but being under the effect of renewal made the buff stick to players. Or if just standing on Hallowed Ground offered some other, more appealing benefit. But I don't really expect Oberon to change much from where he is right now.

11 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Guardian Derision can help you there. Those near you irradiated will shoot you to fill your energy pool, while crossfire from enemies out of range will shoot and/or damage the confused ones around you.

oo, never thought of that. seems interesting

55 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

I tink it is intended, because it is one of the few heals in the game that is actually able to heal shadows, keeping them up forever. Yes the drain is high, but not unsustainable. When i run with a nekros in my party i always use syndicate weapons that restore energy when they proc to help me out.

As I recall. Im sure every heal thats able to heal teammates also heals shadows. Even the Sancti Magistar.

8 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I don't think we're understanding each other entirely well.

When I play Oberon, I am always aware of when squadmates need healing and I happily provide it. I hunker down on Hallowed Ground in a tactically relevant spot (near an objective or chokepoint) and turn on Renewal. I don't go hunting down the other Tenno. If they need healing, they'll come to the big green glowing circle. If someone is low on health I'll have 3 on, and if they go down, the squad has lots of time to revive them (the bleedout perk has infinite range). I never really play into Iron Renewal for others unless we're pushed back to the point of all standing on the patch defensively (which mages should be doing anyway to prevent those Slash and Toxin procs), or unless I notice players just chilling there. I don't really know what "preventative healer" means. How can you heal by healing before the damage is taken? To me, Oberon's heal provides sustain - the ability to keep players alive for extended periods of time despite continual opposition. And if they need it, they come to me.

ok thats the thing. if we are playing survival, there isnt a chokepoint, and if they go to you for healing, then youre taking off the buff from someone else who went away from you. oberons only decent skill atm is keeping a heal on everyone no matter where they are, but you have to keep casting it when everyone is near you. You should be able to keep everyone healing no matter if they think they need it or not. otherwise, ill just play trin, cause thats way easier to manage to keep a buff on everyone, playing oberon like trin is useless

1 hour ago, UvBenServed said:

It'd be less of a hassle if Hallowed Ground itself granted the armor buff, but being under the effect of renewal made the buff stick to players.

This was gonna be my suggestion, as well.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Except Oberon has the EHP of wet tissue paper, with barely more armor than Octavia - a stealth frame.

2 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Yes, let's balance his whole kit around using rage, a sword and board melee with Final Harbinger (rare), and Guardian Derision - an incredibly rare mod that's a pain in the &#! to get.  Better yet, let's balance him around having 2x arcane energize sets.  All the new rookies with jack all for mods will really fall in love with him that way, seeing as he's one of the easiest and earliest frames available to new players.