The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

All the above comments about how hard it was may be true.

But the biggest issue for me was complete bs of being one shot through a 'solid' wall by :heart:our juggernaut.

In a related matter, all the cheeses, are what's crap about this game.

The leetness, edgelordy, toolfrenzy that is behind; the kind of rational that it takes huge skill to 'cheat' the system.

smh (#cheatinginagame) 

In another related matter, What'd it be like if we could kill a 120lvl Juggernaut using skill/skills, where we could use warframes/weapons/powers to take down something massive? 

giphy-1.gif

I have already shared my disgust in the design council about this and they removed my post and gave me a "warning" pfft. They robbed me and my max lvl squad of the didital right to bear arms, a potato, and now they're trying to rob me of freedom of speech !!!! 

Edited by (PS4)DEAD-CALIBUR

12 hours ago, MagPrime said:

The Design Council has been involved in a great many additions to the game for years before this.  They've already made their impression on the game and the community.

i bet they were "great" additions....

If all the future content from the design council is crap made for tryhards,  i wonder whats the point of having a "design council" choosing alerts for the rest of the WF community

3 hours ago, (PS4)DEAD-CALIBUR said:

I have already shared my disgust in the design council about this and they removed my post and gave me a "warning" pfft. They robbed me and my max lvl squad of the didital right to bear arms, a potato, and now they're trying to rob me of freedom of speech !!!! 

Oh for Gods Sake. There are perfectly reasonable complaints to be made about this challenge. Please stop helping. 

3 hours ago, Kihana said:

I just came back to say, that a higher level challenge like this can be considered successful if 50% of the players who gave it a go succeeded. Any more and it was too easy.

50% success after how many tries? 

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

It takes one operator, and a limbo

I did it solo the first time then helped my clan members later (with slova)

This is how i did it solo:

Got limbo, spammed 4th power to kill everyone real quick

The last wave, i put myself in stasis, went out as the operator, beamed him, went back in (still in stasis).. Repeat. it took about 4 min to do it solo

Piece of cake

Did you happen to pick Limbo, or did you re-run the mission so you could pick an optimal setup (after finding out the clever twist at the end)?

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Oh... so this is why DE made Juggy invulnerable to finishers... anyway I thought this was a ridiculous challenge just to pad out gametime artificially. Sure a bubble Mag with gunblade or a Nidus stomper will cut it down to size, in 15-30 minutes, but did DE really have to throw in an overstacked Juggy at lvl 120 that can insta kill just by looking at you? Hell even solid walls couldn't protect my group from being downed constantly...

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

I honestly thought it was an interesting idea of a challenge with the juggernaut at the end...

... however ...

Juggernaut is honestly a REALLY unfairly designed boss, with the absolute biggest problem being the spikes. No, I don't even care that it oneshots you. The fact that it pierces all solid walls is not good either, but it's STILL not its biggest problem with them. So, what is it then?
The biggest problem with the spikes is the hitbox of those spikes. I mean seriously, you can dodge them, visually by several meters, yet you STILL get hit! That's just absolute bullfeces, seriously (Has flashbacks of Dota 2's Shadow Fiend's ultimate and its way out of visual hitbox *shudders*)

Graphics of attacks have to coincide with hitboxes MUCH better in a game like this. ESPECIALLY when the attack are from our enemies. If they don't, well, what do you expect? Of course we do the same right back to it: We will resort to cheese the cheesy boss...

Now THAT said, it was perfectly doable without cheese, if you were a team. Getting downed is then not such a biggie. But solo, without cheese tactics? Good luck! :)

2 hours ago, PrwnStar42 said:

This design council is really quite an elitist and toxic bunch.

Should be renamed to Design Cancer.

I do love me some broad generalizations.

Not only am I a "tardboat" by simply being a member of the DC, but now I'm elitist, toxic and cancerous. 

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Azamagon said:

I honestly thought it was an interesting idea of a challenge with the juggernaut at the end...

... however ...

Juggernaut is honestly a REALLY unfairly designed boss, with the absolute biggest problem being the spikes. No, I don't even care that it oneshots you. The fact that it pierces all solid walls is not good either, but it's STILL not its biggest problem with them. So, what is it then?
The biggest problem with the spikes is the hitbox of those spikes. I mean seriously, you can dodge them, visually by several meters, yet you STILL get hit! That's just absolute bullfeces, seriously (Has flashbacks of Dota 2's Shadow Fiend's ultimate and its way out of visual hitbox *shudders*)

Graphics of attacks have to coincide with hitboxes MUCH better in a game like this. ESPECIALLY when the attack are from our enemies. If they don't, well, what do you expect? Of course we do the same right back to it: We will resort to cheese the cheesy boss...

Now THAT said, it was perfectly doable without cheese, if you were a team. Getting downed is then not such a biggie. But solo, without cheese tactics? Good luck! :)

I'm inclined to agree with most of this.

Juggynuts can be an interesting Boss fight, but also a bit unfairly brutal. 

I'll hassle my friends that they don't "dodge" enough (roll or parkour) but after the initial oh-snap moment of juggs appearing and one-shoting them they more or less did start trying to use "evasive maneuvers" and even then still got blasted out of the sky/picked off.

It has me SMH when people cheese it hardcore and then say "lols, too ez mate". =p

And for the record I did cheese it too, but that doesn't make me think "flex e-peen, pro-mlg skills, 2-ez-4-me".

Nah, it makes me feel a little sad, maybe even a little dirty that that was the go-to option to get it done. 

If anyone really did do it without a one-shot hack or invulnerability frame, then GG mate!

And from the sounds of it, there was a lot of either misunderstanding or outright misinformation as to some of the ways people were getting it done.

I Don't Know. 

I guess if the point of these kinds of missions is to let us grab up our most OP gear and go ham then that's actually kind of cool.

But if the idea was actually to present us with some "fair but challenging content" that more or less still requires us to bring the cheese, maybe not so great after all. 

I do think the Tar and Spines followed LoS more strictly that would really help make for an actual exciting fight.

As to hating on the DC... why?!
From the comments I've seen posted by people saying they're on the Counsel they've generally indicated that this was not what they voted for and they had no idea this was what we were actually going to get.

Honestly? It kind of seems to me like maybe DE threw them under the bus a little bit on this one.

And to be fair to DE, they've thrown "challenges" like this at us pretty regularly, haha

I really don't think they need to poll or blame the DC for something scaled like this, they know perfectly well what they're doing.

And so far. "We've" manage to pass their tests.

Maybe one of these days when they actually do throw one at us that's so OP even our cheesiest loadouts can't handle it, then they're know where the glass ceiling is.

In the meantime people still keep barking at them for "more endgame content, more challenge please!!" ;-)

Ah, also. if anyone bothered to read all this.

It seemed to me that this challenge-mission was not even about the Po-tay-toe, it was about giving us something hard to do.

Like some others here, I did it twice too.

Once with me and my best mate, and then we did it again about an hour later when another friend logged on.

Cheers all!
~R~

On 4/29/2017 at 7:51 AM, PakkiTheDog said:

If you can't handle the challenge than maybe the orokin reactor extermination is a better fit for you.

We finally start getting some endgame missions/challenges and players that can't handle them start complain. [Players shouting] We want a challenge, we want wf to be hard.....but still oneshot everything.

lol ...finally start getting some...   (wtaf)

On 4/29/2017 at 7:51 AM, FATEdPondera said:

Now that's just silly.

You said it Pondera, you said it. 

On 4/29/2017 at 7:50 AM, Arezael said:

I just did this twice, once solo.  Both times without a Kavat because both of them are in stasis (I'm too lazy to defrost them).

Spend the first 10 waves building stacks.

Stand infront of the Jugg, press 3. He'll kill himself for you.

It helps to have a power strength setup - I used TFort, Power Drift and Intensify. I also had Ravenous up for good measure.

Endgame missions/challenge, yeah stomp endgame,  the 'stomp' challenge. 

Hey Design council, and DE: How about asking for/building a 120lvl Juggernaut that has weak spots/weak points; so players using skill/skills can accomplish takedowns, (where we could use warframes/weapons/powers to take down something massive?) Like Horizon Zero Dawn cough #repost

giphy-1.gif  

A 120lvl Juggernaut that doesn't one shot from across the map! Through 'solid' objects, or leap through 'solid' walls/objects...

8 hours ago, Azamagon said:

You put this better than I did. A boss that operates on broken mechanics encourages players to rely on cheese themselves to even the playing field. There's a difference between wanting to enjoy a challenge (which I do feel that the high level melee defense itself was a good example of, I felt pushed in a fair way) and having the game cheerfully rewrite its own rules (like "walls exist" or "projectiles have to hit you to damage you"). The latter just sends you back to the meta cabinet for your meta-approved cheese builds.

28 minutes ago, W01fe said:

My main beef was the rewards were terrible for the effort.  A permanent BP maybe would have been ok

Primary reason I didn't even bother with the alert.  I didn't need my 34th potato.  .-.

55 minutes ago, StabbyTentacles said:

lol ...finally start getting some...   (wtaf)

How about instead of meming, hastaging and acting like a 12 year old boy addicted to twitter, you write your counterpoints on the matter in a form of a sentence? What are in your opinion challenges warframe offers us? Sorties? Nop. 5 hour survival? Yes, but nobody got time for that. Index/arena? Not really. What then?

If the challenge mission was so easy for some of us than why do you think the mission is so hard on others? DEs fault or your own? People are angry because the game has finally offered them a challenge and they have to retry the mission, like in every other game. So used of one shooting everything.

As it goes for being one shot, they are working on shield gating, also you could try to avoid getting hit or picking a frame that can take that dmg. Also this is a co op game, so you get revived and continuing on.

How about, instead of complaining, you man up, use your brain and defeat the Juggsy?

Edited by PakkiTheDog

13 hours ago, minidelight said:

i bet they were "great" additions....

If all the future content from the design council is crap made for tryhards,  i wonder whats the point of having a "design council" choosing alerts for the rest of the WF community

Nova and Limbo are pretty great.