Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effect Mods - "60% status / 60% effect" vs "90% effect"

(PSN)ghinellil

Question

I hope the title is clear :laugh:  I wonder how do you feel about choice which effect mods use.

For example with 20% critical chance and 20% status chance? Would you prefer the 90% effect mods? I did some tests in the simulacrum, and is hard to decide. Even with less base damage, the more effect status have a good compensation after some shots/hits.

14 answers to this question

Status weapon - Use 60% status and 60% element mod.

Non status (damage) weapon - Use 90% element mod.

You've highlighted a status and damage weapon with 20% for both status and crit. I think the general consensus is to pick one of those to boost with mods and make it into either a status weapon or a damage weapon instead of trying for both. Dunno. I haven't tested yet.

It depends quite a lot on the weapon and the build you want. High status weapons will benefit much more from the dual stat mods because the procs that are generated will likely give you more effective damage by the end. This would be especially true if you were aiming to get slash procs, since I believe they can stack on top of each other. However, on a weapon with a crit chance of, say, 5%, the dual stat mods would produce a negligible effect that's not worth the hit to raw damage.

There's also a few situations in which you may want to use both. If you are looking for a specific element to proc, then you would likely want to use both the dual-stat mods and the 90% mods, provided you have the space for it, because the likelihood of an element proccing is based on the percentage of total damage that that element takes up. The two weapons that I do this for are my gas builds for the Daikyu and the Opticor(I'll be honest, the opticor isn't really a very good status weapon; it's more of an experimental "fun" build I use to give the weapon an actual AoE attack).

It depends so much on the damage type of the weapon you're using and that weapon's status chance.  I like my primary and melee weapon to have a lot of status chance + slash damage, because the slash procs eat away at a target's health regardless of faction.  And 100% status chance + high rate of fire on my secondary to spread radiation procs if I go down.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

3 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yes, yes, yes, it depends on the weapon.

And that's why the OP specifies a weapon. A 20% status 20% crit weapon.

But we'll just ignore that.

And it'll still depend on other things.

A bow with 20% status isn't worth modding for status. An assault rifle with 20% status and a base RoF of 16 is worth modding for status.

I depend on many factors.

An high firerate rifle with only 5% status chance can be better to proc than a sniper pr slow melee with 30% status chance.

It's also depeding on the status you use on your weapons. For example, if you use viral, you will only have to proc once each 6 seconds so you can consider low status chances but if you use elements that stack instead reset the duration like (slash, toxin, gas) or without duration (impact, blast, corrosive), higher status chance is always better.

Sometime, other mods can be just more useful than status/element or full elements and you wouldn't have the space to put them on. It's the case of most of melee.

In the example given, I would use up one of my extra loadout slots and have separate builds for

1)Critical

2)Status

3)Hybrid

then modify small changes for specific mission effects such as those in Sortie restrictions.

Play around with the setup you like best then leave that as the default selection, the rest to be manually selected on the occasions you need them, to save time clicking through every time you equip. (At least this is how I run my arsenal, with a few slots for faction specific Primed Bane mods)

There's no straight answer to this.  It depends on the level range and if the enemies are armored or unarmored.

Against armor, Status always, eventually wins. regardless of the weapon or it's base status chance. Even a weapon with 0.5 fire rate and 5% status. Modding for status will eventually win. It's just a matter of if using said weapon at all is practice or if going to that level range is your cup of tea.

Against unarmored status has a place but it's never quite bigger than crit. Most often you only need a single early status proc and you're done.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Some weapons are much easier to mod then others. Right now the Kohm is my doubt, and i tried 60% vs 90% in the Sybaris; corrosive with the same critical mod against an Heavy Gunner, and it felt almost equal...

Kohm needs 100% status to really shine and I'd recommend testing against Alloy, not Ferrite.

Corrosive damage has an imbalanced testing advantage against Ferrite. It not only gains a bonus in damage but it ignores a portion of the enemy's armor so you don't have to do as much work to shred it's armor which is what Kohm is going to shine with.

A dual stat +%status Riven is ideal for Kohm as it will allow you to hit 100% status with only three 60/60 mods. This will allow you to use Heat or Electric as your 3rd element which causes Kohm to CC stunlock groups of enemies as you shoot them due to it's incredibly proc rate.

20 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Kohm needs 100% status to really shine and I'd recommend testing against Alloy, not Ferrite.

Corrosive damage has an imbalanced testing advantage against Ferrite. It not only gains a bonus in damage but it ignores a portion of the enemy's armor so you don't have to do as much work to shred it's armor which is what Kohm is going to shine with.

A dual stat +%status Riven is ideal for Kohm as it will allow you to hit 100% status with only three 60/60 mods. This will allow you to use Heat or Electric as your 3rd element which causes Kohm to CC stunlock groups of enemies as you shoot them due to it's incredibly proc rate.

Thanks for the tip.