Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I get banned for seeing how far I can go in a defense or survival???

(XBOX)Ice Guardian

Question

I've heard about people getting banned so I don't want to get banned by going as far as I can in a defense or survival.  I want to do Akkad and see how long I can go my goal is 60 waves and I can do it easily with a ivara and a full gear wheel of specters. Is it ok if I go to wave 60? Or will I be banned???

25 answers to this question

I don't think you can get banned. But i can think of why Ice Guardian asked that. Now i wasn't around when this happened, but there is one video on youtube of a user whos name shall not be pronounced (apparently is taboo talking bout that guy) that said something bout a user with 2k hours spend in game that achieved the highest survival/defense score and the next day got banned?

Like i said, i cannot confirm that since i wasn't playing Warframe at the time of those events.

3 minutes ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

You won't be banned for achieving high scores in the game, that would be crazy.

Sorry to disappoint you but it has happened here in Warframe before. Some groups have managed to set a new high score and had their accounts banned afterwards under "Suspicious Behavior".

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Sorry to disappoint you but it has happened here in Warframe before. Some groups have managed to set a new high score and had their accounts banned afterwards under "Suspicious Behavior".

You're gonna have to provide hard evidence if you're going to make that claim.

A youtube video about it won't cut the mustard unless it provides hard evidence.

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Yes, because they were suspicious. For example, if a group or worse, a single player, achieves like 7 hours in a survival, then they will be in full crosshairs for hacking. Of course, if they can't prove nothing, then they won't do anything to you. I don't think anyone was ever banned without proof from their API.

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

Must have been due to shady gameplay shenanigans/exploits that were detected and not specifically the high score. People do endurance runs all the time.

13 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Have you ever considered that it may be because there was in fact suspicious behavior going on...?

7 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

You're gonna have to provide hard evidence if you're going to make that claim.

A youtube video about it won't cut the mustard unless it provides hard evidence.

I wouldnt be making a claim if i hadnt seen the evidence, it happened 2~3 years ago with a female player. She and her friends were doing T3 Derelict Defense and they got banned a few hours after establishing their record. Im still trying to find the video on Youtube but again, its old. All i can remember is she was using Banshee with Sonar and Soma Prime.

They werent doing any exploits as they were recording it. That would be like shooting your self on the foot for competitive players.

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ice Guardian said:

I've heard about people getting banned so I don't want to get banned by going as far as I can in a defense or survival.  I want to do Akkad and see how long I can go my goal is 60 waves and I can do it easily with a ivara and a full gear wheel of specters. Is it ok if I go to wave 60? Or will I be banned???

Hi there Ice Guardian,

I wouldn't see why you would get banned for testing out how long you can go for.  As long as you don't use Hacks/Cheats/Exploits you will be fine :)

So good luck on getting through 60 waves :) 

~Pade

you wont get banned unless you use explolits or hacking programs.

going for several hours is suspicious as hell since at even 1 hour on the lowest level survival you run into level 100+ enemies who can mop the floor with you.

25 minutes ago, Padejoloza said:

Hi there Ice Guardian,

I wouldn't see why you would get banned for testing out how long you can go for.  As long as you don't use Hacks/Cheats/Exploits you will be fine :)

So good luck on getting through 60 waves :) 

~Pade

for the love of god please dont sign your own posts when your name is already right there on it. you are not writeing letters or emails, this isnt some newfangled tech, this is stuff over a decade old. this is 2017 and these are forums. dont sign your own posts

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ice Guardian said:

Describe exploits?

Finding a way to make enemies not spawn is a bannable exploit.
Doing e20 amounts of damage probably is too.

Spoiler

e20 = 100,000,000,000,000,000,000

Edited by Dwolfknight

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ice Guardian said:

2 days ago, i went all the way to wave 65 me and a group of randoms on XBOX, we stopped coz i had to leave for work

We never got banned, and we were in the leaderboard

65 waves in 1h 8 min

JmLPQjg.png

I did it, no exploits 😊

It took forever though, because I used ivara and torid with gas build, and primed bane of infested. I forget about the gas nerf; all I saw were grey zeros everywhere from time to time.

It's all good though, I had all day to play :)

It took me 6hours😑 I just couldn't think of a solo strategy off the top of my head. Cc, survivability, and possibly dmg boost, or enemy debuff.

So I just went covert lethality + rakta dark dagger, and sonicor for cc carrier p for support, no sentinel weapon.

I just spare the brood mother's life and let the pod heal, after it gets to low. unless all that's left is an agressive enemy, then, I just sleep lock 'em until it's healed.

Edited by (XB1)Ice Guardian

6 hours ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

you wont get banned unless you use explolits or hacking programs.

going for several hours is suspicious as hell since at even 1 hour on the lowest level survival you run into level 100+ enemies who can mop the floor with you.

for the love of god please dont sign your own posts when your name is already right there on it. you are not writeing letters or emails, this isnt some newfangled tech, this is stuff over a decade old. this is 2017 and these are forums. dont sign your own posts

woah calm down

6 hours ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

Enemies at level 100+ cannot easily mop the floor with us.

On the contrary, we were killing them like flies

At 60+ we were facing level 187+ and they were one, at the most, 2 shot kill.

This is how we managed to get 65 waves in 1 h 08 min

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

NO!  i can say you wont get banned!

i did 60 Waves belenus Void last week didnt get banned(with a squad iam not that pro enough to solo it:sadcry:)

a clan member did 70 waves on akkad didnt get banned

if you do like idk 700 waves in 3 seconds you might get banned....FFS

Edited by ShadowStalker

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Enemies at level 100+ cannot easily mop the floor with us.

On the contrary, we were killing them like flies

At 60+ we were facing level 187+ and they were one, at the most, 2 shot kill.

This is how we managed to get 65 waves in 1 h 08 min

on akkad... infested are much much easier to deal with than any other faction at higher levels. level 100 napalms/bombards can 2 shot you and level 100 heavy gunners already have obscene levels of health and armor. level 100 corpus techs can 2 shot you (keep in mind they have a supra. they fire super fast) and based on previous calculations i did, corpus nullifiers do well over 4000 damage per shot at level 100.

5 hours ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

on akkad... infested are much much easier to deal with than any other faction at higher levels. level 100 napalms/bombards can 2 shot you and level 100 heavy gunners already have obscene levels of health and armor. level 100 corpus techs can 2 shot you (keep in mind they have a supra. they fire super fast) and based on previous calculations i did, corpus nullifiers do well over 4000 damage per shot at level 100.

I can still do that with all fractions

Remove the nulifiers bubble in 3 sec and that's it

when you have 239% damage, spammed 5 times in 5 sec, i don't care whom i am fighting,

I have been doing this for a while

Maybe because the update did not hit the console yet, till then, i was able to wipe the board on LUA sortie 3 defense in no time