Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Stalker get a buff?

dashingbronze

Stalker/Shadow Stalker doesn't feel like an assassin. I feel like Stalker/Shadow Stalker is now just a rare enemy to loot instead on an enemy that strikes fear and challenges the player. He kinda just walks around holding a giant sword and occasionally stands still to channel an ability. His exalted blade beams are pretty easy to dodge and all you do is run backwards, shoot him, and occasionally Operator Beam him. As long you aren't running solo with no variety of weapons, you should be alright. Can he:

Actually use Dread and Despair in his attacks as well

Only switch to War when you are close to him

Scale with the squad's warframes and their weapons

Teleport if it doesn't move for 3 seconds(getting stuck)

Increased movement speed and add dodging

Somehow reduce the effectiveness of the Operator Beam's adaptation removal

Use cover

Not announce its arrival and actually stalk its target until they are isolated or until attacked by the Tenno(on the fence about this)

Since the Stalker would then be more challenging, increase drop chances

Stalker just feels like possible loot, not an actual assassin to fear.

Edited by dashingbronze

1 minute ago, MrFruty said:

Oh look ! Someone wants to end like this :

etGWPZB.jpg

Seeing as DE holds our hand so much that they give us revives. I think the game should be difficult enough to make us use the revives sometimes.

I agree with a lot of that. He should have ranged attacks, and better doding, etc.

As for the tenno nerf, I suggest an over time effect. maybe 1 or 2 seconds of beam removes 1 resistance, so you have to be careful about not dying while doing that.

In my opinion Shadow Stalker is even a downgrade to normal Stalker, normal one atleast could oneshot you with his dread or Despair weapon and a real danger in Melee with his Hate and Absorb ability, even more so him able to Dispell any ability, Shadow Stalker does rarely such.

Weapons need to be scaled to him. 

Tigres one shots him. 

Good prime weapons doesn't take long to kill him. 

He doesn't do parkour. So he isn't very hard to hit. 

Also there isn't any real consequence of being killed by him. Maybe if he kills you, you only have 1 revive during the mission or next 5 missions. 

No, just no. Stalker's unique styile combact makes him what he is. 

Stalker's ability is to cancell any ability of any warframe, except now that looks like he can be affected by nova's fourth.

If he really need a buff is just a fix about that. Nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

No, just no. Stalker's unique styile combact makes him what he is. 

Stalker's ability is to cancell any ability of any warframe, except now that looks like he can be affected by nova's fourth.

If he really need a buff is just a fix about that. Nothing else. 

He is literally a fast Sentient that is unnaffected by abilities that runs at you with a glowstick... unless im missing out on something?

Edited by dashingbronze

I suppose it'd be nice for him to still keep using his other weapons. Not too sure about changing how he invades missions though, as I see it, Stalker doesn't really act up to his appearance and namesake. He's just mindlessly killing Tenno just to cope with the "loss" of the Orokin. Given that he's willing to go so far as partner up with the Sentients, I can't really be sure that he's all that bright. Though I wouldn't mind him being more of a berserker/barbarian/starbarian/Khornate rushing around all over the place, using his edgier version of Exalted Blade with War,  with a tad bit more resistance to debuffs, but not outright immunity (because I like keeping my Stalker in a snow globe). Having the void beams slowly strip away his resistances could be an interesting concept, though what if using the void beam on him just broke his sentient gear and he had to opt back to doing stuff as regular Stalker? Granted I'm saying that for the sake of being able to finally scan his regular form.

Perhaps as a fail condition, if you're downed, he may or may not just rip the head off of your warframe, essentially being a failed mission? God, that'd feel cheap and salt inducing...

Edited by Raqyia
Game Over sounded like it'd be way too drastic and crippling, versus just failing a mission.

Yes please he already one-shots a lot of Warframe if he barely looks at them, so please buff him so that he can OS everyone by just staring in your global direction or breathe somewhere on the same planet as you, we really need that

4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Yes please he already one-shots a lot of Warframe if he barely looks at them, so please buff him so that he can OS everyone by just staring in your global direction or breathe somewhere on the same planet as you, we really need that

What do you do when he starts to channel an ability? Run

What do you do when he charges at you with War? Run and shoot.

His abilities are as slow as him. He may 1-3 shot, but it is so easily avoidable aa long as you arent stuck in a very small room

When I fight him, I dont think "Oh shoot, now this mission is gonna be tough", i think "Maybe I'll get War?"