Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veiled riven with x3 multiplier: doest it work with Venka Prime?

Madame_Werewolf

Question

My rifle riven requires to keep melee multiplier x3 for 30 seconds with an active sentinel. Doesn anybody did this with the Venka Prime? With its increased multiplier I would make it faster, but I'm not sure. Also, I did this in a group and didn't work, maybe I have to make it in solo?

23 answers to this question

it works with any melee weapon.

the trick is to equip both of the combo counter mod. ( increase combo duration ) total 20 secs. you dont need to put much dmg to it.

but attack speed and range does help.

for x 3= 135 hits. and sustain for 30 secs

16 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

it works with any melee weapon.

the trick is to equip both of the combo counter mod. ( increase combo duration ) total 20 secs. you dont need to put much dmg to it.

but attack speed and range does help.

for x 3= 135 hits. and sustain for 30 secs

Venka Prime has changed combo counter values, so it may actually not work. I think you can also screw it up by reaching 3.5x too early.

6 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

Venka Prime has changed combo counter values, so it may actually not work. I think you can also screw it up by reaching 3.5x too early.

it doesnt matter when you reach it, you need to hold the combo for 30 secs after you reach multiplier x 3

fort save sitde, jsut keep getting the combo until the riven challenge has been passed.

1 minute ago, rudman88 said:

it doesnt matter when you reach it, you need to hold the combo for 30 secs after you reach multiplier x 3

fort save sitde, jsut keep getting the combo until the riven challenge has been passed.

What you said literally has nothing to do with what you responded to.

Venka Prime *doesn't have* a 3x multiplier.

You also can't go too fast and reach a multiplier higher than 3x before the challenge is finished.

6 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

What you said literally has nothing to do with what you responded to.

Venka Prime *doesn't have* a 3x multiplier.

You also can't go too fast and reach a multiplier higher than 3x before the challenge is finished.

Is melee multiplier, all melee weapon can generate melee combo multiplier.

no weapon / mod have x 3 combo multiplier fromt he start. You need to keep hitting with your melee weapon until you reach x3 combo.

2 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

Is melee multiplier, all melee weapon can generate melee combo multiplier.

no weapon / mod have x 3 combo multiplier fromt he start. You need to keep hitting with your melee weapon until you reach x3 combo.

Go to the wiki and read up on the Venka Prime please.

2 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

little boy, why not you go there and read

venka prime generate 0.75 combo multiplier / hit

The Venka Prime has a modified melee combo multiplier, which adds 75% bonus damage per damage increase interval instead of the normal 50%. Thus the Venka Prime starts with a 1.75x combo multiplier at 5 hits, then increases to 2.5x after 15 hits, 3.25x after 45 hits etc.

You get an F from me for reading comprehension

Go to Kuva Fortress. Keep meleeing the turrets. Make sure the alarms are off so they don't shoot you. You don't need Body Count or Drifting Contact for this. Just keep hitting the turrets. I recommend you go Loki or Ivara or Ash to be invisible and enemies won't see you.

2 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

The Venka Prime has a modified melee combo multiplier, which adds 75% bonus damage per damage increase interval instead of the normal 50%. Thus the Venka Prime starts with a 1.75x combo multiplier at 5 hits, then increases to 2.5x after 15 hits, 3.25x after 45 hits etc.

if i got an f you an z.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Venka_Prime

Melee combo multiplier of 0.75 instead of the classic 0.5, allowing for larger damage multipliers in fewer hits.

learn to read boy, hsi reiven challenge is :

" My rifle riven requires to keep melee multiplier x3 for 30 seconds with an active sentinel "

1 minute ago, rudman88 said:

if i got an f you an z.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Venka_Prime

Melee combo multiplier of 0.75 instead of the classic 0.5, allowing for larger damage multipliers in fewer hits.

learn to read boy, hsi reiven challenge is :

" My rifle riven requires to keep melee multiplier x3 for 30 seconds with an active sentinel "

2.5x =|= 3x

3.25x=|=3x

So, where is the 3x multiplier on the Venka?

4 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

I feel you, the amount of reading comprehension in the forums is sometimes too dawn low..

@OP

I don't know if anybody has checked that yet. Just try it with another weapon if it continues to not work with Venka. Also the usual, remember to equip the mod, don't leave out any requisites (i.e. make sure you have a sentinel equipped), etc.

Okay first off OP not the rest of the rabble in here arguing over how venka prime works you guys can go argue elsewhere, OP that means you Wolfsong Venka prime works just fine for getting the 3x melee multiplier and it don't matter if it hits 4x or higher before the 30 seconds is up it'll still count it. The Riven challenge can come with a list of extras tacked on as well so there may be something you overlooked while doing the challenge. Also Kubrows and Kavats don't count as a sentinel they are pets you didn't say what sentinel you had with you but that list includes stuff like Helios, Wrym and the rest of the floaty minions. 

• Equipping Body Count and/or Drifting Contact on a melee weapon, or using Wukong can assist in sustaining the combo counter for longer to more easily complete the challenge. Alternatively, using Venka Prime may also make the challenge easier, especially in tandem with the above suggestions.

it's on the wiki, here riven challenge list part

23 hours ago, wolfsongcry said:

Thanks for the comment guys! Apparently this riven worked only when made in a solo mission. I made it with Orthos Prime, easy peasy. 

... but I got a Miter riven. Sigh.

Friend of mine had a similar experience - it refused to unlock when we were in a mission together, but soon as he fired up a mission solo it unlocked easily. DE could do with fixing the description on that particular challenge.

Condolences on your Miter riven ;)

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, rudman88 said:

must it be x 3 and cant be more ?

You can go over 3x and still complete the challenge.  I did it with Ninkondi while beating up on Kuva turrent using Prowl.  I ended up with a 5x multiplier by the time the challenge was happy with the time needed.