Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is just me or are the live streams unfair (can they be improved)

The only true way to make this even across the world would be for a Live Stream for Asia and another one for America(like we have).

The other countries will adjust to whatever stream is the least problematic.

Im sure something like that would be possible, but realize that would be like a Prime Time Asia, not a Devstream.

Unlike the Grineer they can't clone themselves.

I watch the streams primarily because of what they say and what they reveal in real time and how they sometimes respond to chat , prizes take a back seat for me personally.

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because it's impossible for that to happen.

Yes I know :(

5 minutes ago, arch111 said:

The only true way to make this even across the world would be for a Live Stream for Asia and another one for America(like we have).

The other countries will adjust to whatever stream is the least problematic.

Im sure something like that would be possible, but realize that would be like a Prime Time Asia, not a Devstream.

Unlike the Grineer they can't clone themselves.

I watch the streams primarily because of what they say and what they reveal in real time and how they sometimes respond to chat , prizes take a back seat for me personally.

Yeah I know, But eveyones like ranting and hating instead of offering suggestions like yours

25 minutes ago, Iceheart125 said:

Ooh! A great idea! If you can't watch them, but want the plat, just leave your twitch account logged on and on the warframe stream page. That way, we don't hear about this again. 

Thanks for your GREAT idea ~!!~

Edited by CalcualtedMurderMachine

Regarding the thread title. Is just me or are the live streams unfairly timed ?

Its just you. The streams are timed for developers time zone. Asking for change is just ridiculous.

Reading the thread you seem to be only concerned with the platinum prizes.

Pointing out the obvious to me. Expecting prizes in a lucky draw is just funny to me :crylaugh:. Odds of getting one is like 1/8000 (avg viewers I see). This is not a giveaway. I have never watched a stream expecting to win plat. 

Giveaway is like a Dex Sybaris which stays on for 24-48 hours for everyone to get a shot. These prizes are meant for stream live viewers. In case you don't know. Everything in gaming is about having live viewers now. Twitch, esports. If any lucky draw prizes available exclusive to stream are available offline. Its just unfair.  

To sum it up : Should time be changed ? Definitely not. 

1 minute ago, Kusungphak said:

Regarding the thread title. Is just me or are the live streams unfairly timed ?

Its just you. The streams are timed for developers time zone. Asking for change is just ridiculous.

Reading the thread you seem to be only concerned with the platinum prizes.

Pointing out the obvious to me. Expecting prizes in a lucky draw is just funny to me :crylaugh:. Odds of getting one is like 1/8000 (avg viewers I see). This is not a giveaway. I have never watched a stream expecting to win plat. 

Giveaway is like a Dex Sybaris which stays on for 24-48 hours for everyone to get a shot. These prizes are meant for stream live viewers. In case you don't know. Everything in gaming is about having live viewers now. Twitch, esports. If any lucky draw prizes available exclusive to stream are available offline. Its just unfair.  

To sum it up : Should time be changed ? Definitely not. 

Cool man I see your point! thanks for the perspective

2 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Yeah I know, But eveyones like ranting and hating instead of offering suggestions like yours

Thanks for your GREAT idea ~!!~

I have a solid one for you.

Ask a friend you trust in Canadas Timezone to log into switch with your account and remain logged in during the livestream.

This way no logouts and timeouts cut you off, that have happened more than once for me.

19 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I have a solid one for you.

Ask a friend you trust in Canadas Timezone to log into switch with your account and remain logged in during the livestream.

This way no logouts and timeouts cut you off, that have happened more than once for me.

Now THAT is a great idea I appreciate that but I dont have anybody I know in Canada

But still, Thanks!

1 minute ago, svegurok said:

What if there was some other way. For instance having 24h ALERT in game that you could do once and from all the players that done said alert 1 is chosen randomly.

Beautiful ;) 

I need ideas like these not hate and people telling me that Ohh DE cant do that

Ohhh You are selfish

Ohh blah blah

Thank you my man

I'm from Central Europe and it is sooner here,than in India, but i don't have time to watch whole stream. So i do understand. Plus it would incentivize players to get into game. Maybe treat it like a pseudo 1 round sortie with different restrictions or nightmare mode or something along those lines. Maybe only certain MR is able to do said alert to make it unable for completely new accounts (preventing botting a bit).

Edited by svegurok

The self entitlement is too strong in this thread.

C'on guys.. DE has a life outside of Warframe too!

You know theres an overview on the web/forums/reddit of every livestreams right?

Edited by Extirpator

21 minutes ago, Extirpator said:

You know theres an overview on the web/forums/reddit of every livestreams right?

There is no self entitlement here.  You obviously don't get it mate.

We don't expect them to have Prime Time at different time. But we do like to get a chance at getting goodies.

And considering players from North America (generally wealthier countries) get more chance at getting some goodies than India, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa, .... (poorer countries). It is actually unfair to us in poorer countries.

Edited by svegurok

I dont think you get the idea of why they are streaming. 

The 1k plat or PA giveaway are just bonus of what the streams are all about

And if you care about those then make some effort to stay awake.

In any case GL on winning. I have watch enough streams to care less about that the lottery system (works same as Sortie reward pool).

PS: Dont get me wrong. I'm not from NA/CA too. But I stay up on streams because I want something to do with this game.

2 minutes ago, svegurok said:

There is no self entitlement here. You obviously don't get it mate.

We do look at prime time on youtube or overview of prime time. But we do like to get a chance at getting goodies.

And considering players from North America (generally wealthier countries) get more chance at getting some goodies than India, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa, .... (poorer countries). It is actually unfair to us in poorer countries.

Eh! Stream is 3-5 AM for me also in Australia... it's just the way things go, it's always going to be the middle of the night for some part of the world, I don't think the devs should alter their time because some people can't be up when they are on... it's just a pointless topic.

The devs have a limited time frame to do streams because they have other things to be working on during normal times, I don't know what OP expects, the devs stream at 3AM to appease India?

Edited by Carnage2K4

Guys all of you i think you misunderstand OP. He does not expect them to stream at different time he just wants fair ground for giveaway.

3 hours ago, Extirpator said:

You are probably some student with a lot of time. I have time to play a bit in evening and that is it. Stream actually is during my playtime but that is beside the point. I don't really care about 1k plat i was just offering OP a solution.

45 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Eh! Stream is 3-5 AM for me also in Australia... it's just the way things go, it's always going to be the middle of the night for some part of the world, I don't think the devs should alter their time because some people can't be up when they are on... it's just a pointless topic.

The devs have a limited time frame to do streams because they have other things to be working on during normal times, I don't know what OP expects, the devs stream at 3AM to appease India?

I agree devs should not change streaming time to inconvenience them.

But it would be very nice of them to alter the way "giveaways" are handed out. If for instance they would include some ALERT as i stated in one of my previous comments it would be fair to all players regardless of where they live and even North America citizens are in a bad spot if they are working class cause usually 1pm not many adults are at home playing WF.

I am a father of one.

And I thank DE for taking their time to host the stream on LATE FRIDAY NIGHTS instead of weekdays like Prime Time which I dont care about.

5 minutes ago, svegurok said:

Guys all of you i think you misunderstand OP. He does not expect them to stream at different time he just wants fair ground for giveaway.

You are probably some student with a lot of time. I have time to play a bit in evening and that is it. Stream actually is during my playtime but that is beside the point. I don't really care about 1k plat i was just offering OP a solution.

Edited by Extirpator

5 minutes ago, svegurok said:

But it would be very nice of them to alter the way "giveaways" are handed out. If for instance they would include some ALERT as i stated in one of my previous comments it would be fair to all players regardless of where they live and even North America citizens are in a bad spot if they are working class cause usually 1pm not many adults are at home playing WF.

The giveways are meant for the viewers who want to connect and communicate with the developers, it's not about the players. It should stay that way. 

Edited by aligatorno

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

The giveways are meant for the viewers who want to connect and communicate with the developers, it's not about the players.

*Yeah and all of them are there to communicate*. It is just an incentive to get more viewers i get it. But still it would be nice if it was done differently.

Edited by svegurok

8 minutes ago, svegurok said:

*Yeah and all of them are there to communicate*. It is just an incentive to get more viewers i get it. But still it would be nice if it was done differently.

Whether  they are there for news, communication or giveaways, that's another discussion, the point is that they participate in a "tradition" and they can be rewarded for it.  They take out of their time to listen to the devs. Not everything in life is fair. The rewards are meant specifically for twitch viewers, hence why viewers from different sources don't count [ e.g YT]

Also, if you are at work or somewhere else, use your phone to watch it, set it to the lowest quality .

Edited by aligatorno

Firstly, namaste. 

Now, I watched almost all of their live streams. I do wake up and watch them. If I had some strength, I'd do those alerts too. (Especially the design council ones <3 em) 

7 hours ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Hello, I am a guy who comes from India and I couldn't help but point out a few flaws in your stream timings,
(Please don't ban me, I am only trying to help)
Okay to get started,
Now your stream, uses EDT, which is Eastern Standard Time( I think)
So according to your schedule, Xbox one @ 1= Every Monday 1 pm, fair enough in EDT but if you convert it to IST,(Indian Standard Time) it will be at 10:30 pm O.K acceptable
But its unlikely that many Tenno will be commanding warframes at this hour(in india) but yes, its still possible to watch

Going to the next few streams
PS4 @ 4- Every Tuesday @ 4pm- Which is 1:30 am in our country. Now, most tenno will be asleep by now, might be around 70% of your gaming community in India, including me, for me the max i can go is till 10:30. Btw yes im still in school. so.
Now there are a couple of tenno who pull all-nighters and command warframes till dawn, and sadly i'm not one of them

Warframe Prime Time- Thursday 7pm - 4:30 am in our place. This, This is insanity, I mean come on, who even sits up at 4 and games. now now, I KNOW there are Tenno still striving for corpus oil and grineer blood but by now like 95% of Tenno in India will be snoozing( and dreaming about Lotus :P)
Last but not the least, the Dev Stream- every Thursday at 2pm- 11:30 in India, well, still acceptable

I hope you can see through the hidden meaning of my "tenno" and understand what I am trying to say, and I speak for all Indians,most of whom are blissfully unaware of this stream and those who know of it also are unable to watch it because of the timings, I am not criticizing you, I am making suggestions.
I really love Warframe, and I am pretty much hooked and would love to compete and try to gain prizes but like I said, the system is not equal.
Most giveaways i've seen are almost always global time which means that if it is 1pm that the giveaway starts, it means that only at 1pm in India the giveaway will start,
Please take this as a suggestion and try to improve the timings, but if not, i completely understand :')
Any way, good luck with your streams that I will never be able to watch with the world :(

Please get back to me whether the result is good or not
I just need conformation and I hate moderators that do not respond
Sorry

Regards,
A lone Tenno
CalcualtedMurderMachine(IGN)
Anirudh(IRL)
calculatedmurdermachine(Twitch)

Although I am from a place fairly cheek and jowl to yours, you do realize what's inconvenient for you might be convenient for someone else, because people from all over the world watch these streams? For most that's in a manageable part of the day.

If you would still really like to participate just log into twitch and stay on the warframe channel, when the stream starts you'll be in the running without needing to be there, just keep the pc running.

Now if you could show that for the global majority the timings are a problem, that would be a different matter...

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

Whether  they are there for news, communication or giveaways, that's another discussion, the point is that they participate in a "tradition" and they can be rewarded for it.  They take out of their time to listen to the devs. Not everything in life is fair. The rewards are meant specifically for twitch viewers, hence why viewers from different sources don't count [ e.g YT]

Also, if you are at work or somewhere else, use your phone to watch it, set it to the lowest quality .

Hmm I see, I understand, and the phone thing wouldnt work, Im still in school :p

I also want to listen to them during the broad cast but since the broadcast is long and the hours are late,  I began caring about the plat

1 hour ago, VBNXS said:

Firstly, namaste. 

Now, I watched almost all of their live streams. I do wake up and watch them. If I had some strength, I'd do those alerts too. (Especially the design council ones <3 em) 

Namaste to you too!

Like I said, I'm unlike certain people :P

1 hour ago, Kinetos said:

Use

https://www.google.com/search?q=task+manager

and

https://www.google.com/search?q=cmd+open+browser+at+web+page

to automatically start your browser on the twitch page at the stream start times

Cool, Will check it out, thanks!

1 hour ago, svegurok said:

Same,

I thank you for standing up for  me and understanding my point of view :) everyone thinks I want to change the timezones but I clearly mention that I wanted them to "look into this" and come up with solutions 

Sigh

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

The giveways are meant for the viewers who want to connect and communicate with the developers, it's not about the players. It should stay that way. 

Like I didn't know

1 hour ago, Extirpator said:

I am a father of one.

And I thank DE for taking their time to host the stream on LATE FRIDAY NIGHTS instead of weekdays like Prime Time which I dont care about.

I dont see your point

Exactly!!!

I know right :( I DONT have a lot of time cuz im in high school, and once more, THank you :)

2 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

If its pointless, Why take part in it? I do not force anyone to speak

and that IS NOT what i excpect, urgh im tired of this, I expect someone to come up with solutions, jeez

3 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I think you'd have a better chance for a respond if you contact the earth itself. Maybe then it'll stop rotating

Ahaha ahah hah ha HA

I don't need hate I need solutions

I'm So done telling people this

5 hours ago, Extirpator said:

I dont think you get the idea of why they are streaming. 

The 1k plat or PA giveaway are just bonus of what the streams are all about

In any case GL on winning. I have watch enough streams to care less about that the lottery system (works same as Sortie reward pool).

PS: Dont get me wrong. I'm not from NA/CA too. But I stay up on streams because I want something to do with this game.

Life's all about priorities my freind, and I think I can handle them well, I mentioned already that I'm in school and cannot afford to stay up late, god what is wrong with you people I stopped caring about the content of the stream since the timing But GET THIS

I DO NOT WANT THE DE TO CHANGE TIMINGS

Period.

5 hours ago, svegurok said:

There is no self entitlement here.  You obviously don't get it mate.

We don't expect them to have Prime Time at different time. But we do like to get a chance at getting goodies.

:') exactly

5 hours ago, Extirpator said:

Just see the other reply

ugh

5 hours ago, svegurok said:

I'm from Central Europe and it is sooner here,than in India, but i don't have time to watch whole stream. So i do understand. Plus it would incentivize players to get into game. Maybe treat it like a pseudo 1 round sortie with different restrictions or nightmare mode or something along those lines. Maybe only certain MR is able to do said alert to make it unable for completely new accounts (preventing botting a bit).

Yep