Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is just me or are the live streams unfair (can they be improved)

17 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

I'm not suggesting that North America adhere to Indian timings, I was thinking if there was a way around this loophole,

Okay so imagine this, If DE was based in India, how would you feel, not having a shot

Knowing that you will never have a chance to get lucky

There is.

It's called watching the recording instead of the livestream. The ONLY other option is for DE to broadcast 24/7, never program and never sleep. Just broadcast so everyone can watch a live broadcast at some point.

25 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Probably because you live there, you don't see my point

I'm not suggesting that North America adhere to Indian timings, I was thinking if there was a way around this loophole,

Okay so imagine this, If DE was based in India, how would you feel, not having a shot

Knowing that you will never have a chance to get lucky

It happens all the time with multiple games I follow- and I am okay with it because I know the world doesn't revolve around me.

The problem is just with your mindset. That's all I have to say.

Edited by Echorion

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

The irony is that if you open the stream to more people then it means you will have even lower chance to win the plat. Let's say if you watch at the current schedule where 1000 people are watching then it means you have 0,001% chance to win, if they open it to all timezone and the amount of watcher reach 3000, then your chance of winning are only like 0.00033 %

At least theres a 0.00033% chance

At least I know that one day I might win

But yea I see your point

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

There is.

It's called watching the recording instead of the livestream. The ONLY other option is for DE to broadcast 24/7, never program and never sleep. Just broadcast so everyone can watch a live broadcast at some point.

If you watch the recording, you don't get a shot at the rewards

and yes the other option is totally unviable

I'm sorry if I was ranting It just bothered me a lot

1 minute ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Me neither but if you read my post , It mentions that I speak for all the Indians out there

Not only for me

sheesh

So you expect DE to be up, awake and at work to stream for you in the middle of the night likely between 9pm and 3am for you?

19 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

:( It is very much unfair because if you notice, when there is a give away by a big company, it is in global time meaning if it starts at 2pm in 'murica, it will start only at 2pm in India

See what im tryna say?

And how is that supposed to work? The plat rewards are a bonus for watching the stream.

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

So you expect DE to be up, awake and at work to stream for you in the middle of the night likely between 9pm and 3am for you?

No i do not I expect some sort of solution and not just getting irritated

Like wise, You expect us to get up at odd hours and stay up for 1 and a half hours  for the reward?

Just now, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Exactly, NOT EVERYONE has a shot at that bonus 

Actually, everyone really does have a shot at that bonus.  I honestly cannot believe people have not yet mentioned this already.  The ONLY prerequistie to winning platinum in the live streams (ANY of them) is to be in chat.

You do not have to speak or chat or even have the actual broadcast open.  If you are logged into the chat box, then your name is eligible to be selected for platinum rewards.

Simple. Done. Over.  Log into twitch literally 20 hours before they go live, and so long as you remain in the chat (based on your internet connection) You will be in the random drawing.

I live in the same timezone as DE and I miss streams all the time, but I make sure I am logged into the chat regardless of my physical presence.  Although I've only won plat once (ps4 stream, 370 plat whooppee), its still a chance.  The exact same chance as everyone else, regardless of where they live.

3 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

No i do not I expect some sort of solution and not just getting irritated

Like wise, You expect us to get up at odd hours and stay up for 1 and a half hours  for the reward?

No one forces you to watch these streams. If you want a chance at getting plat that much then watch it when DE stream it.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Big Wessss said:

Or if they implement some type of way for people in your situation to win plat off of the streams like after hours or something.

They have already, read what I posted a few replies above yours.  

This has been up over a year now, and was how it worked long before that.

Please Note: To be entered into a Platinum give-away on the Warframe Twitch Channel, all you have to do is log into Twitch and watch the stream. Despite what you may see in chat, there is NO requirement to post anything in chat. 

52 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Where do you live?

Maybe for you its at a nice time or maybe not, For us Indians, Its definitely not

Here's the thing you fail to understand. There are so many time zones in the world. In some parts of the world the time zone makes such a huge difference that it can be about 16 hours of time difference or more between certain zones in the world. What this means is that no one is ever going to be able to cater to every time zone in the world, not even close. If they changed the devstream time a bit to make it better for India, other regions of the world would be upset because it would make it in the middle of the night for them instead. There is NO way to please everyone. And that means the times chosen are times that are going to be reasonable for the part of the world the company is in. 

The company is in Canada, so they use times that make sense based on their time zone in Canada. Sorry, that's just the way things are.

I miss out on the chance to win plat on devstream all the time because I work during those days and times. Should DE move the time of devstream up so I can have a chance at it too? No, because then other people would get their schedules messed up, and it would fix nothing.

Sometimes you have to accept that the world just can't give you everything... 

You are essentially asking DE to stay up late for their time zone to please you, when it will also screw over others in other time zones. You aren't thinking this through. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Actually, everyone really does have a shot at that bonus.  I honestly cannot believe people have not yet mentioned this already.  The ONLY prerequistie to winning platinum in the live streams (ANY of them) is to be in chat.

You do not have to speak or chat or even have the actual broadcast open.  If you are logged into the chat box, then your name is eligible to be selected for platinum rewards.

Simple. Done. Over.  Log into twitch literally 20 hours before they go live, and so long as you remain in the chat (based on your internet connection) You will be in the random drawing.

I live in the same timezone as DE and I miss streams all the time, but I make sure I am logged into the chat regardless of my physical presence.  Although I've only won plat once (ps4 stream, 370 plat whooppee), its still a chance.  The exact same chance as everyone else, regardless of where they live.

Okay Thanks for the suggestion, will try this

4 minutes ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

No one forces you to watch these streams. If you want a chance at getting plat that much then watch it when DE stream it.

Sigh

That reply was at another person and btw I already mentioned that I cannot stay up late unlike CERTAIN people

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Big Wessss said:

Your most likely gonna have to deal with it, unless they change the hours which they stream a little bit. Or if they implement some type of way for people in your situation to win plat off of the streams like after hours or something.

Yes I figured I was hoping they would

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Here's the thing you fail to understand. There are so many time zones in the world. In some parts of the world the time zone makes such a huge difference that it can be about 16 hours of time difference or more between certain zones in the world. What this means is that no one is ever going to be able to cater to every time zone in the world, not even close. If they changed the devstream time a bit to make it better for India, other regions of the world would be upset because it would make it in the middle of the night for them instead. There is NO way to please everyone. And that means the times chosen are times that are going to be reasonable for the part of the world the company is in. 

The company is in Canada, so they use times that make sense based on their time zone in Canada. Sorry, that's just the way things are.

I miss out on the chance to win plat on devstream all the time because I work during those days and times. Should DE move the time of devstream up so I can have a chance at it too? No, because then other people would get their schedules messed up, and it would fix nothing.

Sometimes you have to accept that the world just can't give you everything... 

Understood Sir,

Thanks

:')

Ill try that method the guys mentioned

Maybe if im lucky ill win

1 hour ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Hello, I am a guy who comes from India and I couldn't help but point out a few flaws in your stream timings,
(Please don't ban me, I am only trying to help)
Okay to get started,
Now your stream, uses EDT, which is Eastern Standard Time( I think)
So according to your schedule, Xbox one @ 1= Every Monday 1 pm, fair enough in EDT but if you convert it to IST,(Indian Standard Time) it will be at 10:30 pm O.K acceptable
But its unlikely that many Tenno will be commanding warframes at this hour(in india) but yes, its still possible to watch

Going to the next few streams
PS4 @ 4- Every Tuesday @ 4pm- Which is 1:30 am in our country. Now, most tenno will be asleep by now, might be around 70% of your gaming community in India, including me, for me the max i can go is till 10:30. Btw yes im still in school. so.
Now there are a couple of tenno who pull all-nighters and command warframes till dawn, and sadly i'm not one of them

Warframe Prime Time- Thursday 7pm - 4:30 am in our place. This, This is insanity, I mean come on, who even sits up at 4 and games. now now, I KNOW there are Tenno still striving for corpus oil and grineer blood but by now like 95% of Tenno in India will be snoozing( and dreaming about Lotus :P)
Last but not the least, the Dev Stream- every Thursday at 2pm- 11:30 in India, well, still acceptable

I hope you can see through the hidden meaning of my "tenno" and understand what I am trying to say, and I speak for all Indians,most of whom are blissfully unaware of this stream and those who know of it also are unable to watch it because of the timings, I am not criticizing you, I am making suggestions.
I really love Warframe, and I am pretty much hooked and would love to compete and try to gain prizes but like I said, the system is not equal.
Most giveaways i've seen are almost always global time which means that if it is 1pm that the giveaway starts, it means that only at 1pm in India the giveaway will start,
Please take this as a suggestion and try to improve the timings, but if not, i completely understand :')
Any way, good luck with your streams that I will never be able to watch with the world :(

Please get back to me whether the result is good or not
I just need conformation and I hate moderators that do not respond
Sorry

Regards,
A lone Tenno
CalcualtedMurderMachine(IGN)
Anirudh(IRL)
calculatedmurdermachine(Twitch)

Let me ask you one thing: If DE changes the time to please you and your fellow Indians, then what happens with me and my country, Brazil, the argentines, colombians and everyone that lives in South America? You will make us watch streams or try the plat prize at 5 AM?

Do you thought about everyone in the world from many countries that play this game or you just thought about your country and you?

Or you really don't know how timezones works, or you are really selfish. If DE can't stream 24/7, then its impossible to everyone watch any stream live at the same time.

I know for different timezone it seems unfair that they do not have the same chance as players in the same timezone to win a reward (I live in Indonesia). But I do not think that DE will or need to change their boardcasting time or offline reward because DE priority in giving those Plat is maybe to "force" players to watch the devstream not just leave a comment and gone or worse spam random comments to increase their chance like what happened in live chat.

For offline plats DE should make another event or some kind of challenge on forum more, Beside it will make it more interesting and more content to warframe like the captura contest not long ago.

Edited by Avynire
Might offend ssomeone

7 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Let me ask you one thing: If DE changes the time to please you and your fellow Indians, then what happens with me and my country, Brazil, the argentines, colombians and everyone that lives in South America? You will make us watch streams or try the plat prize at 5 AM?

Do you thought about everyone in the world from many countries that play this game or you just thought about your country and you?

Or you really don't know how timezones works, or you are really selfish. If DE can't stream 24/7, then its impossible to everyone watch any stream live at the same time.

Ughhhhh

If you yourself thought about saying "have you thought about every one in this world ......"

then my point is re-estabilished, Its not only the region you are in that plays, there are tons of people who play near my country also, and one more thing, I am talking about Asia in general, and please stop with the self pity, I dont mean to offend anyone you are explaining my point itself, What happens to us if the timings are like this.

What I need is suggestions, not hate

like this

Just now, Avynire said:

I know for different timezone it seems unfair that they do not have the same chance as players in the same timezone to win a reward (I live in Indonesia). But I do not think that DE will or need to change their boardcasting time or offline reward because DE priority in giving those Plat is maybe to "force" players to watch the devstream not just leave a comment and gone or worse spam useless comments to increase their chance like what happened in live chat.

For offline plats DE should make another event or some kind of challenge on forum more, Beside it will make it more interesting and more content to warframe like the captura contest not long ago.

Yes I know and I tried xD

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Avynire said:

I know for different timezone it seems unfair that they do not have the same chance as players in the same timezone to win a reward (I live in Indonesia). But I do not think that DE will or need to change their boardcasting time or offline reward because DE priority in giving those Plat is maybe to "force" players to watch the devstream not just leave a comment and gone or worse spam random comments to increase their chance like what happened in live chat.

Well as stated all you have to do is be in chat then message them if you won.

But you would be amazed at how many bots spam "Plat" thinking there is a keyword they need to enter

DE is going to livestream when it is convenient for them, not someone on the other side of the planet.

You have just as much of a chance as anyone else to sign on and view it.

If you're a kid and can't stay up, that isn't DE's problem.

They schedule around when they will hit the highest numbers of possible viewers while not also inconveniencing themselves.

I don't demand developers livestreaming from South Korea to stream closer to a schedule I can meet.

Welcome to the world of international gaming. They don't fit around your schedule, you fit around theirs.

People already listed that you need to be logged in at the time of the stream, but if you really want to watch the stream as they happen, make time to view it when it does.

When they were in Australia for PAX, it was near midnight by the time I was able to join in on the stream and seeing what was happening.

38 minutes ago, FairyTael said:

DE is going to livestream when it is convenient for them, not someone on the other side of the planet.

You have just as much of a chance as anyone else to sign on and view it.

If you're a kid and can't stay up, that isn't DE's problem.

They schedule around when they will hit the highest numbers of possible viewers while not also inconveniencing themselves.

I don't demand developers livestreaming from South Korea to stream closer to a schedule I can meet.

Welcome to the world of international gaming. They don't fit around your schedule, you fit around theirs.

Thank you for the information

34 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

People already listed that you need to be logged in at the time of the stream, but if you really want to watch the stream as they happen, make time to view it when it does.

When they were in Australia for PAX, it was near midnight by the time I was able to join in on the stream and seeing what was happening.

Oh ok