Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A room where you see all your weapons and warframes

TheFinalEpic

I've had this idea for Warframe for 2 years now and never got to post about it.

What if there is a room in the orbiter that has your warframes and weapons and you can enter it to view your vast collections?

Warframes would be lined up standing like this and you can walk down the hall to see them:

2013-11-17_00003.jpg

Mean while weapons would be hung up on the wall besides the warframes like this

LQf27f3.png
I know its probably impossible for it to make in the game because it would take a lot of resources from DE just due to how complex it would be.  I wouldn't even mind if its a plat thing, since in the end it's just a cosmetic room with no bearing to gameplay.

It would be amazing if they make something like this. Thought I share it

Hope dev team is reading this and consider it an idea and implement it sometime down the road

Edited by TheFinalEpic

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Yea, that would be nice. Although it might not be able to display all weapons and frames because we are constantly getting more so it might run out of room. 

Yeah thats why I said it would be too complex to implement, there are so many warframes and weapons. They would have to build a room where it would be continously expanding as you get more warframes and weapons

Imagine it though, if you had all the weapons and all the warframes. You walk into this room and it displays ALL of it in its glory and lined up. It would feel extremely amazing and satisfying to walk down the hall at your accomplishments of building them and using them.

Edited by TheFinalEpic

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Well, a small room where you could show 5-6 of your chosen setups would be nice.

Of course, not all of them. :D

5 minutes ago, kenrhee said:

well they could always make it so it display a certain few selected weapons and frames of your choice

That's always an option, I would take that better than nothing. I still prefer making it have all weapons as it would be absolutely amazing. I hope the dev team is reading this.

3 minutes ago, SRB_Tokan said:

I want something like this. Game hitman 2 silent assassin.

hitman2_01.jpg

Exactly like what I imagine it would look like, albeit more warframe-y

Edited by TheFinalEpic

33 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

Hope dev team is reading this and consider it an idea and implement it sometime down the road

Yep, its been suggested a few times before and they mentioned the possibility at one time or another.

28 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Yea, that would be nice. Although it might not be able to display all weapons and frames because we are constantly getting more so it might run out of room. 

Screw that, the orbiter is a big place.  Look at all that space we use just for a kid in a chair.  I want to see EVERYTHING.

I believe they mentioned something like this many Devstreams ago, while the infested door was still locked.

They talked about what the other room would be for, and that came up as a suggestion, along with something veteran players could sink their credits into, somehow.

To be honest i would love to see ALL in one Room or lined up xD

And i still want a borrow function.

Like you  play a mission and you can exchange for weapon with another mate so he can try it out or deals more dmg if he doesnt have any good stuff with him.

b15ed7c2ad695fb43d47bea03acf60a0.jpg

Yea i can definitely see how that would be massive. Maybe limit to loadout?

And maybe forget the weapon, coz we're definitely gonna need some revolving weapon cache for the frames alone.

A trophy room would be much easier to build, with severed zanuka head and all.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Screw that, the orbiter is a big place.  Look at all that space we use just for a kid in a chair.  I want to see EVERYTHING.

And suffer the load time hit every single time you enter your ship? Making the game load in 32+ Warframes and 300+ weapons is an absurd thing to expect with no significant performance hit.

1 hour ago, JeyZet said:

To be honest i would love to see ALL in one Room or lined up xD

And i still want a borrow function.

Like you  play a mission and you can exchange for weapon with another mate so he can try it out or deals more dmg if he doesnt have any good stuff with him.

1: massive performance hit every time you enter the ship

2: Undermines the entire point of working for your weapons, frames, and mods. Someone could perpetually borrow their friends stuff every mission and never build their own things. Never going to happen. 

Edited by NeithanDiniem

2 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

And suffer the load time hit every single time you enter your ship? Making the game load in 32+ Warframes and 300+ weapons is an absurd thing to expect with no significant performance hit.

Forcing everything to load immediately and every time one returns to the liset is a mistake, and that goes for noggles and such too.  We would not need to load everything in the 'armory', which would theoretically be a room somewhere way in the back of the orbiter.

If DE every decides to do something like this, I'm sure they could figure out a way to stagger load times so that it doesn't take 5 minutes to load when returning from a mission.

As is they should do the same for noggles and other decorations.  Getting us in the ship and able to move around should be top priority, loading 5,000 noggles should be way down on the list and if we have to wait a minute AFTER loading onto the ship, I'd be okay with that.  Quite often we only loading into the liset part where nav is and immediately go out into another mission.  Its simply a waste of resources to load every single thing, most of which we don't even see, just for 30 seconds of selecting a new mission.

In any case, there are plenty of options to consider that would allow us to view all our frames and weapons, and perhaps even decorate the armory ourselves rather than limiting our imagination because of fear it will take to long to load.  

Wouldve been cool to have a specific "foundry corner" in the armory, where you can see half and fully made ongoing foundry project, with different display for different categories (frames, primary, etc). I would make an excal and never claim it just because.

Also,

43 minutes ago, Silence00 said:

oh COME ON!!! No one referenced the 'armory' from the Matrix??? Am I really that old?

Yes.

Just now, Lucavee said:

Wouldve been cool to have a specific "foundry corner" in the armory, where you can see half and fully made ongoing foundry project, with different display for different categories (frames, primary, etc). I would make an excal and never claim it just because.

Also,

Yes.

That moment when you realize a 'mainstream' movie you referenced is 18 years old. /facepalm.

2 minutes ago, Silence00 said:

That moment when you realize a 'mainstream' movie you referenced is 18 years old. /facepalm.

I watched that movie in the theater, stop making me feel old! Also, maybe no one mentioned the matrix because theres no exo suit in their armory. 

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Forcing everything to load immediately and every time one returns to the liset is a mistake, and that goes for noggles and such too.  We would not need to load everything in the 'armory', which would theoretically be a room somewhere way in the back of the orbiter.

If DE every decides to do something like this, I'm sure they could figure out a way to stagger load times so that it doesn't take 5 minutes to load when returning from a mission.

As is they should do the same for noggles and other decorations.  Getting us in the ship and able to move around should be top priority, loading 5,000 noggles should be way down on the list and if we have to wait a minute AFTER loading onto the ship, I'd be okay with that.  Quite often we only loading into the liset part where nav is and immediately go out into another mission.  Its simply a waste of resources to load every single thing, most of which we don't even see, just for 30 seconds of selecting a new mission.

In any case, there are plenty of options to consider that would allow us to view all our frames and weapons, and perhaps even decorate the armory ourselves rather than limiting our imagination because of fear it will take to long to load.  

Making any form of space intended to hold a copy of every non cosmetic equippable forces DE to set a limit in size to the room or continuously expand the room as more things are added, which is a problem no matter how you pitch it. Next, a Warframe is a much larger asset compared to a noggle, both in mesh and in texture size. There is also all the color and skin options to consider as well, which further multiplies the load on the asset. Expecting DE to simply magically make it work is really a stretch. Asset load will have a significant performance impact, no matter how you go about it. You either will load them on entering the ship, stream them after entry to the ship, or load them on entering the armory. Having every weapon and frame is a massive hit no matter how you slice it.

Far more reasonable is to display only your loadouts, which DE can easily put a hard cap on without fear of needing to expand the room every few months.