Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No 50% crit bonus on buzlok tagged enemies

(PSN)dst123daniel

I am on ps4 

Have only just got round to trying the reworked buzlok, and I seem to be seeing a problem.

I have seen no change in damage or crit potential when from using the alt fire to tag an enemy.

I have a riven that gives over 200% crit chance and when combined with point strike, my crit chance is 70.2% 

When I tried the buzlok in mission, I was seeing consistent crit numbers on the normal fire mode, and when I tagged an enemy I continued to see the same crit frequency, but none came up as red crits.

According to the patch noted the recent buff to buzlok includes shots against tagged targets having a bonus 50% additive crit chance. If I understand this right, even if the additive bonus is added after the existing multiplicative crit modifiers, shouldn't this give me a crit chance of 120.2%, so roughly every 5th shot should be a red crit? 

I decided to investigate further, and went to the simulacarum, and spawned 5 level 135 bombards, and noticed the damage was exactly the same whether the enemy was tagged or not tagged. The crit bonus on enemies tagged by the buzloks alt fire isn't happening. I was hitting consistent yellow crits of around 5k with the enemies tagged and not tagged.

Maybe I am confused by when this +50% crit chance is applied, if so could you please explain it to me. 

Buy I don't think I am, I am pretty sure it just isn't happening

21 hours ago, (PS4)dst123daniel said:

If the tag bonus would work to give its additive 50% ponds to crit chance, it would be amazing

Shame it's not working right.

It's worth trying though, particularly if you get a riven for it as it has a very strong disposition

Indeed, got a 200+ crit 200+ dmg riven that makes the buzlok just beastly

On 6/7/2017 at 9:32 PM, (PS4)lhbuch said:

It is the only weapon buffed by the balance pass that I didnt touch. Is it worth it?

You can see the stats yourself, right? 60 base damage with 15%/2.5x crits, not to mention the beacon bonus. There are many weapons with far more mediocre stats that are praised as being great.... And as the nail in the coffin, Buzlok has 5/5 Riven Disposition.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

14 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

You can see the stats yourself, right? 60 base damage with 15%/2.5x crits, not to mention the beacon bonus. There are many weapons with far more mediocre stats that are praised as being great.... And as the nail in the coffin, Buzlok has 5/5 Riven Disposition.

Hey no need to be rude. I can see the stats myself. All I wanted was a impression of somebody who had a lot of forma and played the weapon. 

Just now, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Hey no need to be rude. I can see the stats myself. All I wanted was a impression of somebody who had a lot of forma and played the weapon. 

I have full forma on it and I have played it enough to get a feel of it's power. It deals more damage per shot on average than any of the current full auto rifles, but it does have the slower travel time of the shots as a downside.

3 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

I have full forma on it and I have played it enough to get a feel of it's power. It deals more damage per shot on average than any of the current full auto rifles, but it does have the slower travel time of the shots as a downside.

Ty for the feedback Im gonna put some forma and invest on a riven for it then. Question? Do you use the tracer a lot?

6 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Ty for the feedback Im gonna put some forma and invest on a riven for it then. Question? Do you use the tracer a lot?

No, actually I haven't felt the need for it all that much. But admittedly, if a target takes more than a few shots is always better to use it than not, especially when you paint their head then have fun while doing all kinds of wacky parkour and just keeping the trigger pressed for lulz :crylaugh: 

20 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Its a sheer beast...i. gonna have to 5 forma it, currently on 4th but its goin to be one of my most powerful guns

What I find a bit sad with the Buzlok is that you can't tag the environment anymore (you could do some really cool trickshots with that before). Yeah, I get it, a lot of people just wanna use it in the straightforward way by tagging an enemy and "shoot 'til dead", but those that liked it for its cool possibillities were at a loss with its revisit.

Thus, I have some ideas:

• Tagging can now be done on enemies and environment alike again, however...
  • When you have a tag out, clicking secondary fire again destroys the current tag without firing a new one. To fire a new tag you'd have to use secondary fire once more.
  • The weapon will have a clear indicator (a lamp or something?) that you have something tagged. The glow could be different depending on if you have tagged an enemy or tagged something in the environment (and if a tagged enemy dies, it could go from "enemy-glow" to "environment-glow", to indicate that your tagged victim is dead, in case you wanna switch targets etc).
  • Tagging an enemy directly grants the critbonus (just like now), but tagging the environment grants no bonuses to your shots.

Tadaaa! Best of all worlds. People that only wanna tag enemies with it can retry their tags almost as easily as you can now. Those that wanna tag the environment for cool trickshots can do so, once again! It also allows you to remove a tag whenever you want it. It would simply make the Buzlok a LOT more versatile.

One thing I've noticed... I can tag stalker but wont home in on him. Which is lame..

However, i can tag kuva guardians...and though their invincible...the homing shots wreck everything around them while they run around, effectively decimating every other enemy in the area. Which is funny if not extremely helpful..

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I did.

okay. didnt mean to be rude. was kinda nudging at someone to either move this there or hopeing someone posted it there. if so then carry on. lets get this fixed! (even if I dont use it. shame for it to go to waste)

Edited by Ordosan

Well... tbqh, it's not a bug. I think DE's description in the patchnotes was misleading, which is what got everyone raving about the Buzlok confused. A flat +50% additive crit chance is what everyone wanted when the beacon is tagged, but in reality that 50% crit chance is calculated off of the base crit (15%) which is 7.5%.

@Darthmufin made a video complaining about the very same thing you're seeing now, @(PS4)dst123daniel, and quite frankly I would've wanted to see the Buzlok red crit myself if it was an actual flat additive +50% crit chance bonus on beaconed shots:

16 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Well... tbqh, it's not a bug. I think DE's description in the patchnotes was misleading, which is what got everyone raving about the Buzlok confused. A flat +50% additive crit chance is what everyone wanted when the beacon is tagged, but in reality that 50% crit chance is calculated off of the base crit (15%) which is 7.5%.

@Darthmufin made a video complaining about the very same thing you're seeing now, @(PS4)dst123daniel, and quite frankly I would've wanted to see the Buzlok red crit myself if it was an actual flat additive +50% crit chance bonus on beaconed shots:

Well thats dumb then. 

well remember. when that update came out miter and panthera had ZERO ability for punchthrough. Just cuz its day one dosnt mean its not a bug. and this is DE they tend to take there time on certain bugs (like the volt 'bug' that lasted 2 years) so basically to us this is a bug until [DE] SOMBODY comes in here and tells us that its intentional. cuz only +7.5% is not worth using the dart that eats a chunk of ammo and causes your shots to be single target.