Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ice Chroma Vs

(PSN)Qanzuko

Question

25 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Surazaku said:

My buddy just started playing and he would like me to ask if Ice tank Chroma is viable in the end game? for long solo runs or would frames like Nidus and Inaros beat Ice Chroma?

it depends on what he considered to be 'end game long solo runs' go far enough and only 2 frames are able to consistantly kill/dmg enemies past say, 3-4 hours into a survival or 70+ waves into a defense (not exact numbers but you get the idea) and those frames that CAN are not able to SOLO those runs. it also depends what run your talking about, chorma is a very good frame, and very tanky yes, but his usefulness just isnt as good for most endless missions, in solo survival for long periods your better off running ivara, in defense you shouldtn be doing it solo that far anyways and in interception your better off using something like a banshee for a smaller map, and even then, once you run out of energy your dead. 

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

All frames are viable in endgame...with practice.

i have to disagree wiht you tehre, in true late missions, an ember, saryn, ash, atlas wouldnt do anything useful, and most other frames as well. limbo, ivara, banshee, frost, equinox, rhino and trinity are the only really USEFUL frames at that point (i may have missed a few but you get the idea)

2 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

Chroma as a whole is a very early-game frame. So no, he would not even hold a candle to Nidus and Inaros in the endgame.

go far enough and inaros/nidus get 1 hit no matter what armor/build you use. they also have no ability to manage the enemies past what their weapons can do. for that you would HAVE to bring either an equinox or a sonar banshee

The traditional concept of tanking isn't very viable in terms of the furthest extreme of "endgame". After a certain point CC provides far more survivability. But the game's current balance presents very few scenarios where you would need to push a frame that far.

Chroma is a decent warframe for what many would call high end content. Your mileage with the warframe will depend on how well you can balance between managing pain with Vex Armor and Elemental ward alongside your weapons and allies.

Keep in mind this is an Arcane powered Chroma but the basic setup is still good to lvl 200ish.

Chroma is fun because he can be built as a brawler. Pure shoot & slash fun. It stays effective for quite some time without the need for CC, Invisibility or other abilities outside his own buffs. That being said Nidus can get further without Arcanes while also being more durable but Chroma is no push over by any means. Nidus and Inaros also get stuck using certain weapon loadouts in order to go the distance. Chroma has a better variety of weapon choices.

Eventually, no frames can deal with enemy damage output though.

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, when you say something like this:

3 hours ago, Licitaqua said:

.... in true late missions, an ember, saryn, ash, atlas wouldnt do anything useful, and most other frames as well. limbo, ivara, banshee, frost, equinox, rhino and trinity are the only really USEFUL frames at that point (i may have missed a few but you get the idea)

I can't really take you seriously.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, when you say something like this:

I can't really take you seriously.

if you cant give reason as to why you see it this way, and you just want to disagree and try to insult me please dont even bother responding to the comment, its a huge flaw and invalidates your point

22 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

if you cant give reason as to why you see it this way, and you just want to disagree and try to insult me please dont even bother responding to the comment, its a huge flaw and invalidates your point

1. Seeking Shuriken to help strip enemy armour (and it's pretty energy efficient)

2. Fatal Teleport to help take out high priority targets

and to a lesser extent

3. Smoke Shadow to help revive downed teammates.

A duration built Ash is also quite capable of being a very efficient killer. While some will say CC is king, there is nothing quite like dead. Not to mention, his passive grants greater damage to any slash procs he inflicts (one of the best status effects in the game).

24 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

1. Seeking Shuriken to help strip enemy armour (and it's pretty energy efficient)

2. Fatal Teleport to help take out high priority targets

and to a lesser extent

3. Smoke Shadow to help revive downed teammates.

A duration built Ash is also quite capable of being a very efficient killer. While some will say CC is king, there is nothing quite like dead. Not to mention, his passive grants greater damage to any slash procs he inflicts (one of the best status effects in the game).

1) if your really running a later mission and you have to use seeking shuriken to strip armor you already did something wrong

2) fatal teleport doesnt do as much as something like say, maim or sonar which does the same thing but about 100x better

3) if a teamate goes down in a mission that high level why are you even reviving them? your going to get 1 shot anyways

Edited by Licitaqua

1 minute ago, Licitaqua said:

1) if your really running a later mission and you have to use seeking shuriken to strip armor you already did something wrong

2) fatal teleport doesnt do as much as something like say, maim or sonar which does the same thing but about 100x better

3) if a teamate goes down in a mission that high level why are you even reviving them? your going to get 1 shot anyways

1) I don't understand how using an ability that that strips 100% armor off an lvl 150+ enemy in one second is "doing something wrong"

2) trust me a well modded fatal teleport and smokescreen's stealth melee multiplier can carry you up to lvl 300s and if you use CL literally nothing with finisher animations can stop you, making it 10x more reliable to kill high lvl enemies than sonar and maim

3) honestly I never really had a problem with reviving teammates in a high lvl mission, I usually just mark and activate bladestorm while reviving my teammate

51 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

mXyupD1.gif

Chroma is a very powerful Warframe, and is easily among the best tanks in the game, next to Inaros and Nidus. I would say, yes, he's very viable for late game, and I use him through sorties and hour-long endless Neo/Axi fissure survivals plenty often, and I do so without arcanes. 

What your friend seems to have mistaken is that it's only Ice Chroma that can be a beast, which is 100% wrong. ANY element of Chroma can be very powerful, because Vex armor still gives obscene buffs regardless which of element he is. Ice just buffs the armor bonus he gets, which can be useful for facetanking. However, Fire Chroma can increase his max health by a significant margin. Electric is nothing to scoff at, either, because it's the ONLY element that lets him build 100% of his armor buff without the use of a shield mod (and once you start modding, you notice how little room there is for such a mod). Toxic buffs reload speed, which can be a very deadly benefit on something like Tigris or Zarr. 

Ice, while it can eat a few more hits than the rest, doesn't have enough benefits over the others to be worth skipping Fire's massive health buff since shields are always gone anyways, so might as well make them chew through more EHP while they're at it. 

His biggest benefit, however, is his obscene damage output from Vex armor. My mediocre build has him doing about 6.5x damage with everything, along with the absurd DR and EHP buffs he gets. Chroma is very much top-tier for high-level play. 

And, to throw out an opinion nobody else likes, his Effigy is certainly a force to be reckoned with when built properly. I've used it in solo sortie 3 Interceptions to defend a point by itself, and it's done so marvelously many times. It may leave Chroma with halved armor, but it can certainly put out quite some damage if you let it (and it doesn't affect his gaining his own Vex armor buffs, so he can still pump out damage on his own alongside Effigy). The ability sucks a good bit of energy, but energy pads exist for just such reasons. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

6 hours ago, chofranc said:

Ice chroma can tank corrupted bombard lvl145 without effort, seriously, they do to you like 20dmg or less with the right build.

lvl 145 is not even mid game. did a 5 hr 28 min survival on mot and the only thing killing was octavia. enemy lvls were 3500+.enemies go upto 9999 

our team had a nekros octavia loki & banshee

1 hour ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Chroma is a very powerful Warframe, and is easily among the best tanks in the game, next to Inaros and Nidus. I would say, yes, he's very viable for late game, and I use him through sorties and hour-long endless Neo/Axi fissure survivals plenty often, and I do so without arcanes. 

What your friend seems to have mistaken is that it's only Ice Chroma that can be a beast, which is 100% wrong. ANY element of Chroma can be very powerful, because Vex armor still gives obscene buffs regardless which of element he is. Ice just buffs the armor bonus he gets, which can be useful for facetanking. However, Fire Chroma can increase his max health by a significant margin. Electric is nothing to scoff at, either, because it's the ONLY element that lets him build 100% of his armor buff without the use of a shield mod (and once you start modding, you notice how little room there is for such a mod). Toxic buffs reload speed, which can be a very deadly benefit on something like Tigris or Zarr. 

Ice, while it can eat a few more hits than the rest, doesn't have enough benefits over the others to be worth skipping Fire's massive health buff since shields are always gone anyways, so might as well make them chew through more EHP while they're at it. 

His biggest benefit, however, is his obscene damage output from Vex armor. My mediocre build has him doing about 6.5x damage with everything, along with the absurd DR and EHP buffs he gets. Chroma is very much top-tier for high-level play. 

And, to throw out an opinion nobody else likes, his Effigy is certainly a force to be reckoned with when built properly. I've used it in solo sortie 3 Interceptions to defend a point by itself, and it's done so marvelously many times. It may leave Chroma with halved armor, but it can certainly put out quite some damage if you let it (and it doesn't affect his gaining his own Vex armor buffs, so he can still pump out damage on his own alongside Effigy). The ability sucks a good bit of energy, but energy pads exist for just such reasons. 

:clap:

6 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

mXyupD1.gif

Well the red flag should have been thinking Trinity is actually useful in "True late game".

The best part is saying Ember isn't useful when an FF + FA Ember is the 2nd best damage buff in the game in CPx4. Improving group Damage output by 500%. Then of course Saryn who's a staple frame for non-CP endurance runs. You literally don't go without a Saryn if you want to get anywhere. So that's pretty funny.

5 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

What your friend seems to have mistaken is that it's only Ice Chroma that can be a beast, which is 100% wrong. ANY element of Chroma can be very powerful, because Vex armor still gives obscene buffs regardless which of element he is. Ice just buffs the armor bonus he gets, which can be useful for facetanking.

That's not really true. They're correct in thinking Ice is the only option for going the distance.

Ice is far superior to the other elements when it comes down to it.

Chroma's survival comes into question before his damage output and Ice not only gives him a great deal more eHP but it completely deflects slow projectiles like Rockets causing them to harmlessly bounce off him. For a while Fire had a place since at base Chroma lacks alternative healing options but these days there are plenty.

At 243% Power using Vitality + P. Vigor + Steel Fiber an Ice Chroma has 49,770 eHP while a Fire Chroma has 28,554 eHP.

There's really no comparison to Ice and using Effigy past Sorties levels will get Chroma killed.

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

That's not really true. They're correct in thinking Ice is the only option for going the distance.

I disagree, honestly. Yes, Ice Chroma has the benefit of added EHP and projectile deflection, but by no means is it the only viable option. It's the EASIER option that lets you take more hits, but at any point where 28K EHP isn't enough, you're in content where tanking no longer matters. No amount of extra health and armor is going to save you if enemies don't have any trouble taking a Fire Chroma apart. That's a fact. 

So ANY Chroma can be competitive. Ice just takes cake for living marginally longer. But, again, if at any point ANY Chroma stops being enough, Ice isn't much better off than the others.

And I never said Effigy was good past sorties. I only said sortie 3, which it absolutely CAN handle without screwing Chroma over too hard.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

On 6/6/2017 at 7:13 PM, (PS4)Surazaku said:

My buddy just started playing and he would like me to ask if Ice tank Chroma is viable in the end game? for long solo runs or would frames like Nidus and Inaros beat Ice Chroma?

Yes and no. For what most people consider end game up to maybe level 200, he fairs pretty well, but once you get into the really high levels like 250-300, he will start to fall off. Nidus is a better tank and cc, but damage is just about even with chroma, if not slightly lower. Inaros roughly the same thing, but less tanky than both of them. Trust me, at lvl 250, inaros cannot take the hits without help. The benefits chroma has is that ice chroma is not the only chroma. Toxic Chroma is also quite powerful for reload and holster speed (vectis ftw) and in extreme levels, the passive Toxin proc is a beautiful thing, but electric chroma is also a real easy build because it will Max his shields for vex armor without mods. Not to mention zapping anyone who attacks you for decent crowd control. Fire chroma is also a beast for health buffs and is the best tank support class there is because the health buff from him helps those like inaros, Mesa, blessing trinity, and nidus who rely on their health survival. Ice chroma is a very selfish class and only helps those like rhino, frost, and maybe nezha.