Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Weapon

(PSN)Tenudin

Question

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tenudin said:

What is everyone using as their go to weapon now that the Tonkor got nerfed?

I don't know. I didn't use the Tonkor as a "go to" weapon before.

I use any weapon that I like at the moment.

You could give Staticor a try, it's a fun / powerful weapon on any Frame
but the travel speed of its projectiles can be an issue now and then
(and no, Lethal Momentum's meager +40% doesn't really help with that).

Hmm ... does anyone know if Jet Stream increases the range on Shotguns before damage fall-off occurs?

I usually run with the Zarr/Tonkor(even after nerf, it's still damn good), and any secondary I feel like. Staticor and Sonicor are good ones, but secondaries with higher stopping power like Euphona Prime or Akstiletto Prime are also good.

Zephyr player here!
Although I never actually tried the Tonkor trick with her before (just never got around to it lol), but I can tell you a few of what I normally bring~

• I normally run the Kohm with her, just because I adore that weapon to bits, but when I want to take advantage of Jet Stream, I sometimes run the Penta Secura with the sticky-mod. It makes it  super fun to land some super far shots, detonate it, and watch all the rag dolls lol. and the Syndicate proc is a very nice touch to it.
  • My favourite melee of all time is the Cerata, so combine that with Jet Stream, you wont need something like Whirlwind which frees up a mod slot, ultimately making it much easier to mod it the way you want to.
  • But if you want something hard-hitting, typically I see with Zephyr is that you would want to aim for weapons with a very long range (Primed Reach would be key if you can get your hands on it). I personally use the Jat Kittag but anything akin to War or the Guillotine Prime can work just as well.
    • Long ranged weapons really help emphasize her high-risk/high-reward melee play; with Turbulence keeping gunfire away from you and only needing to worry about what's in front of you. The longer the weapon, the less you need to worry about an enemy getting to close to you and/or infiltrating your Turbulence range.

Outside of that, some rule-of-thumbs would be; projectile-based weapons for Jet Stream builds (i.e. bows, Pantera, Miter, Drakgoon, etc), and fast firing weapons for builds not using Jetstream (hit-scan, lasers, Euphora Prime, Akstiletto Prime, etc). I personally shy away from missile-based weapons like the Ogris or the Kulstar due to it's extremely dangerous self-damage, and I don't personally see Zephyrs that I run into use them either, but if you like that kind of extreme risky playstyle, then by all means go for it!

Anyways, I hope that helps!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I use Paracyst and Sancti Castanas. Paracyst is a pretty neat anti-corpus weapon (with riven) and Sancti Castanas are good for aerial bombardment (and safe enough). Other nice options are Mutalist Cernos, Miter, Rakta Cernos, Staticor.

I consider Zephyr as a primarily anti-corpus frame, so the weapons I mentioned are best used vs Corpus.

26 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

You could give Staticor a try, it's a fun / powerful weapon on any Frame
but the travel speed of its projectiles can be an issue now and then
(and no, Lethal Momentum's meager +40% doesn't really help with that).

Hmm ... does anyone know if Jet Stream increases the range on Shotguns before damage fall-off occurs?

Jet Stream should help with the travel speed, but if I recall correctly, I think you might run into the issue where it will bounce further away then where you want it to detonate it at. It's been a while so I'm not entirely sure if that's the case, but wanted to mention it before hand.

And as far as I know, Jet Stream does increase the damage of shotguns. At least back when using a few unmodded shotguns in the Simulacrum, the damage increased when Jet Stream is activated. I don't remember if the range increased at all, but I can check later today.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I use the Zarr all the time on Zephyr, one of the hardest hitting launchers for end game and works really well with turbulence and jet stream, though my riven gives faster reload speed on top of crit dmg, status chance and negative zoom so it makes it much more effective when you can reload faster.

Edited by iMalicious

Staticor works well with jetstream as its travel speed is slow AF. Or you can go acrid if you have a decent riven for it. 

As for main, you can go with cernos prime if you don't have a flight speed riven. Jet stream makes the wep really good. 

Or you can go with secura penta with sticky augment if you really like explosive type stuff.

Basically any projectile weapon that is fun to play goes really well with Zephyr. Still one of my favorite frames.

5 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Staticor works well with jetstream as its travel speed is slow AF. Or you can go acrid if you have a decent riven for it. 

As for main, you can go with cernos prime if you don't have a flight speed riven. Jet stream makes the wep really good. 

Or you can go with secura penta with sticky augment if you really like explosive type stuff.

Basically any projectile weapon that is fun to play goes really well with Zephyr. Still one of my favorite frames.

people use cernos prime o.O better off with rakta cernos for the low charge time and getting your energy back but using bows while being airborne sounds like a dumb idea and being airborne is sort of what Zephyr's abilities involve around.

Edited by iMalicious

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Pardon me, but while I agree that the changes were necessary, how in any way were they a buff?

They weren't, this bass ackwards brain of mine was thinking simulor before DE made explosions detonate one at a time. Ignore my comment.

1 hour ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Jet Stream should help with the travel speed, but if I recall correctly, I think you might run into the issue where it will bounce further away then where you want it to detonate it at.

Heh, well I think you're mixing up Staticor and Sonicor :P

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Can anyone suggest a good jetstream build?  Once I finish my new Oberon Prime, Zephyr and Hydroid will be the last two frames I haven't formaed.

Full strength with good duration is the key. I think Zephyr doesn't need lots of Formas for this, I'll link my build this evening if no-one has come with one until there. :)

2 hours ago, rudman88 said:

look up in the sky,

is a bird ?

no is a plane ?

it a girl ?

no is zephyr.

bullet bounce of her ( if 3rd skill active )

it flew

and it drop explosve eggs

a true bomber LOL

reworks dive bomb to drop explosive eggs...... :)