The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Headcanons you use to justify in-game mechanics?

Beggining

That it's all nothing more than a simulation since the quests are done on an individuality concept rather than as a group of thousands of tenno's being affected throughout the system at once. And lore is all over the place. Especially Valkyr.

There is only 4 tenno truly alive. Simply swapping bodies left and right. Because the original beginning with the other 3 helping out. Would explain how little influence we keep having on the system. If there are thousands then we would have made a much larger influence already even with so little sabotages and exterminations.

DE employees are the Orokin. We are the teenage angst a.k.a. "operators". Ergo the Orokin are alive and well.

Edited by AerinSol

I never use operators because I have this headcanon that Tenno are deformed humans underneath warframes rather having unbearable kids controlling lifeless puppets.

Also because their tenno powers are useless outside War Within unless you encounter a Sentient or Stalker.

Infested Salad - when Alad V catches the seasonal technocyte cold and the cure involves beating the infested snot out of him once more.

Grakatas - each magazine contains tiny beads that are used as bullets - don't ask where all those cylindrical shells ejected during firing come from.

On 6/14/2017 at 8:06 PM, LightningsVengance said:

Nullifiers: The Tenno actually (to increase the challenge of it) get this... LET them work on their powers because we like a challenge and the enemies underestimating us. We whoop them without our void powers so letting them get nullfied and still whooping them is just... They stand no chance.

On that note. My headcanon for Nullifiers is that they're essentially a bubble of forced reality, preventing us from making the alterations to it we typically do.

8 hours ago, Doubleplus said:

The Hema requires 5,000 mutagen samples because God hates the tenno and wants them all to suffer.

If we look at it the other way, God also hates the Infested because the Tenno has to kill so mny of them, eh?

Seriously though, *shouts at DE about Mutagen cost*

11 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Slow holster weapon switch : our warframes are just too lazy to care, so they just switch on their own leasure

Maybe we think that we're too badass to be killed while switching weapons. Which is funny, since I get killed mostly while switching weapons (can't shoot back >.<)

1 hour ago, Domesticon said:

On that note. My headcanon for Nullifiers is that they're essentially a bubble of forced reality, preventing us from making the alterations to it we typically do.

So basically, they're the advanced version of

That+idea+alone+does+not+qualify+someone

11 hours ago, AerinSol said:

There is only 4 tenno truly alive. Simply swapping bodies left and right. Because the original beginning with the other 3 helping out. Would explain how little influence we keep having on the system. If there are thousands then we would have made a much larger influence already even with so little sabotages and exterminations.

Raids would say otherwise. there could be 8 players on the scene at once, so at least 8 Tenno.

14 hours ago, AerinSol said:

That it's all nothing more than a simulation since the quests are done on an individuality concept rather than as a group of thousands of tenno's being affected throughout the system at once. And lore is all over the place. Especially Valkyr.

It's the other way around though.

People's headcannon is all over the place they just choose to read the lore to fit it and get angered when it's contradicted.

On 6/16/2017 at 6:21 PM, Domesticon said:

...That's actually pretty good and I like that, but if you don't mind, I'll keep mine. :P (makes the Tenno seem more powerful and we're gonna need that power for the Sentients >_>)

Sentinels are commanded by Ordis.

The Cephalon is responsible for altering your perceptions in a lot of ways to your benefits, such as highlighting tenno, your HUD, your light when walking through a dark room, and pretty much anything you wouldn't naturally see.

Tenno warframes were originally based off of the childhood fantasies of the Tenno, and can be traced back to specific individuals.

We haven't actually seen the original Valkyr frame/power set because the original Valkyr had a psychotic break that permanently altered her powers and battlefield role. Valkyries were entities that could decide who lived and who died, thematically tied to battle but not necessarily taking part in it. I think the first Valkyr was a battle medic, with her abilities focused on movement, buffing allies, non lethal take downs, and invulnerability to revive fallen allies in any critical situation. Valkyr's helmets even suggest a more playful nature, being cat and monkey inspired. When Margulis was removed from the project and the Orokin military took over, I think Valkyr was tortured during transference, in an attempt to create a more ruthless killer. This was when Valkyr's bursts of psychotic rage began, and her powers started changing.

After the fall of the Orokin Empire, and the reawakening of the Tenno, the original Valkyr was tricked by Alad V into thinking he could fix her, which is how they were able to capture her alive for the Zanuka project. The torture completed the psychotic break and any trace of the original gentle Tenno was consumed by rage.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)JadeSalamander said:

We haven't actually seen the original Valkyr frame/power set because the original Valkyr had a psychotic break that permanently altered her powers and battlefield role.

Though the Valkyr Prime lore explained that Valkyr was always like that, just less angrier, I'd like to believe that Alad V's torture was brutal enough that it altered her Void signature permanently, like you said: it's how we can only farm the traumatized Valkyr, instead of Gersemi :p

Also, I've come up with another one:

Baro - He's not actually a Void Trader, i.e. he has never visited the Void at all, and is a better tinkerer than an explorer. It's why the stuff he sells can't be found in the Void (Prisma Gorgon, Kavat Armors, etc.) and why he demands Prime parts as currency - because he can't get it any other way.

The stuff he says in the description about Prisma liquids found in the Void? Just his own custom paint, with him making better alterations to weapons.

The Aklex Prime relics only found in Baro? There is no Aklex Prime: Baro made it with the amounts of Lex Prime parts and Akbronco/Akstiletto Prime Links we gave him: it's why we can't ever farm these relics.

Headcanon for the Warframes themselves: Not all Warframes are purely Technocyte matter, some, like Vauban, actually utilize Sentient technologies and merely have a life support system of Technocyte material, this is why frames like Wukong, Vauban and Inaros share the same coloration as Sentients and why Sentients still vehemently hate the Tenno, seeing them essentially play with the corpses of their family

My head canon to be able to stand the operators is the following!

Lotus made me save a awaken tenno without its own ship. To pay rent it helps me out with it its growing void powers. 

I am the operator for my warframes who eatch have their own individuality and quirk. 

I just act as mission control from ordis.

The Warframe parts we get from defeating bosses are not looted from said boss. The Lotus rewarded us with it after a successful mission (hence why we get it as end-mission reward). The same goes for various missions rewards. In Interceptions, the Lotus got valuable information about the enemy, and in return rewarded us with various mods and Relics.

Codex on Sentinels say they're similar to Sentients but friendly. Headcanon says sentinels are Lotus fragments, like Battalysts are Hunhow fragments.

Edited by Duavey
Formatting

7 minutes ago, Duavey said:

Codex on Sentinels say they're similar to Sentients but friendly. Headcanon says sentinels are Lotus fragments, like Battalysts are Hunhow fragments.

But... She lost that ability when she travelled through the Void....

2 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

The Warframe parts we get from defeating bosses are not looted from said boss. The Lotus rewarded us with it after a successful mission (hence why we get it as end-mission reward). The same goes for various missions rewards. In Interceptions, the Lotus got valuable information about the enemy, and in return rewarded us with various mods and Relics.

Wait.....they do NOT come from her? I been under the impression that this was where we got the stuff.

Wowzers

On 6/24/2017 at 3:49 PM, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Wait.....they do NOT come from her? I been under the impression that this was where we got the stuff.

Wowzers

Actually, no explanation on where they come from, so we're left on filling the blanks

On 6/24/2017 at 5:04 PM, SilvaDreams said:

Who says he travelled via the Gateways? Nahtah was a infiltration so she posted as human.

Well, it's the most likely guess, since how else can he travel faster than the other Sentients?

Besides, in the Natah quest, he said himself that he crossed the gap, wombs in ruin. https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/4/4f/NatahQuestM5Q6Sentient.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20150823171122

But I suppose we need more direct explanations than this. That quote can be taken both way.