Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm just wondering, why is this still a thing?

_Absolom_

1bbb7826ee4c8e10680475c76bbe471b.png

Stalker/Shadow Stalker drop table.

Anyone else notice something odd? Like why one of his weapons has an insanely high drop chance where the other 3 are barely obtainable? If he appeared more often, or with a bigger chance to appear on a low level equipment/solo player, this wouldn't even be that big of an issue.(inb4 "he appears every x missions for me" comments) Or if his blueprints could be traded with other people. But personally, I'm slightly getting sick of my 60+ Dread blueprints and no Despair drops after 4+ years of playing. 

Could this be revisited, balanced out, something? 

Would you agree with any of these solutions, or do you think that this system is fine as it is? Let me know.

EDIT: Here's a poll to vote. http://www.strawpoll.me/13238201

Edited by Soulswipe
Added poll.

I would like to see a 20% chance for each because I am in the same boat as you I got a tons of dread but no despair no hate on my main account I got 1 despair on some of my lower rank acc and 1 hate on my another adcanced but the chances to get drop the right item is still kinda mess.

3 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

been playing for about 4 years. Still never got anything other than dread :(.

On the plus side, dread is arguably one of the best weapons in the game.

Dread is a promo weapon for new players to fire up them to play the game long. They once get their first dread most of them feel they are superheroes and keep pushing toward. 

That's why have 75% on dread and lowered the others but the despair and hate are not so great weapons but decent ones. 

8 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Yeah i never got something else than dread from him too ^.^ 

original.jpg

7 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

I got all from him. so GG.

Also , welcome to : 

Reveal hidden contents

ctwu3Oi.jpg?1

Thank you for your meaningful contribution to this discussion, I really appreciate it.

5 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

been playing for about 4 years. Still never got anything other than dread :(.

On the plus side, dread is arguably one of the best weapons in the game.

Truly is a powerful weapon, but unfortunately its power cannot be boosted by pumping its own blueprints into it, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

5 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I would like to see a 20% chance for each because I am in the same boat as you I got a tons of dread but no despair no hate on my main account I got 1 despair on some of my lower rank acc and 1 hate on my another adcanced but the chances to get drop the right item is still kinda mess.

original.jpg

2 minutes ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

I don't believe that drop rate... Hate HAS TO BE way lower than that.

I feel you, in my years I only got a singular blueprint from him. 

2 minutes ago, Kezriak said:

You should add another option to your poll "Make him appear regardless of accrued death marks"

To be honest, that system is fine right now, but it should stack. As in, the more bosses you kill, the higher the chance of him chasing you down. Hang on, gonna make a new poll...

I'm pretty sure Stalker has a "Squishy radar" to detect one-shottable frame though

Like he won't appear when you're on your level 30 6-forma'd Inaros with top tier weapons but will show up as soon as you bring the Loki with unranked Lato

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

We actually need a ransom broker and ransom him until he finally drops what we needs.

This. :,)

Just now, Chewarette said:

I'm pretty sure Stalker has a "Squishy radar" to detect one-shottable frame though

Like he won't appear when you're on your level 30 6-forma'd Inaros with top tier weapons but will show up as soon as you bring the Loki with unranked Lato

Unfortunately that turned out to be an urban legend, and the devs stated somewhere that it has nothing to do with his appearance. ;_;

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Often he choose this way but when he really want to kill you then he spawn too when you are max ranked but he appear to be oneshot wallhacker. Sometimes happen when I have a maxed gear he just oneshot me without any option to avoid or shot. Another times I rape out the sht from him.

Edit _ : need the illusion of progression and strenght demonstration. 

Edited by Sziklamester

58 minutes ago, Soulswipe said:

Like why one of his weapons has an insanely high drop chance where the other 3 are barely obtainable?

That is a consequence of how Warframes drop-rarity buckets work.
Every enemy has 3 buckets and each of those buckets have a set drop chance.  Common items have around a 75% drop chance, uncommon have around a 20% and rare has a 5%.
It doesn't matter if there are 15 items in rare, 1 in uncommon and 1 in common the drop chances are going to be the same, and the drop chance of that bucket is going to be spread out over the items inside of it.
That's why the stalker has a 75% chance for dread.  Its his only common drop.  Meanwhile the 20% chance for an uncommon is spread out over 4 different drops which is why they are all 5%.

And remember, this is ontop of the RNG that determines if he will drop something or not.

A few games handle things this way, so its not unheard of.
They usually do it because its simpler, faster, and generally less error prone, then putting in a manual rarity for every item in a drop table.  Instead they just say "This is a common drop" and so on.

If they move 2 of his uncommon drops into common it'll make it so that the 3 common drops have around a 25% drop chance apiece while the War and Broken War BP have a 10% drop chance each.
And they would only really have to do this for shadow stalker.

1 minute ago, Shalath said:

I got a Hate out of him so it is possible to get one of the other drops but you have to be really lucky.

I have the Hate too, that's not the point of this thread. I'm aware you have to be lucky, but this system has not been touched for a very long time, and it's just frustrating a lot of people, hence this thread.

And apparently most people would like to see those blueprints to become tradeable, which would be a good idea in my opinion.

Sitting on well over 80 dread bps for my 4 years of playing, the only other items I have gotten are 2 war bps despite already having purchased the bundle including it. I would VERY MUCH want this system to change. I don't even give a damn about the weapons being rather poor stats, I just want the dispair and hate now on principle.

Despair took forever to drop for me but my mrs has become my lucky charm (you cant borrow her though lol) I think a more balanced drop percentage is needed especially now it has extra items. Why is he dropping engine parts and mods that drop (or can be found) from other things/places as well? You'd think he could have his own drop table rather than a watered down one with a ridiculously high percentage on just one thing.

As a bizarre aside - despair dropped with my lucky charm around, but he still hasnt dropped DREAD for her (or me since getting despair). Seriously. lol

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OmniDevil said:

Got War before I got Dread.

I think that list is missing something though. 90% drop rate: Mods

The last 10 kills were nothing, but mods!

Stalker and Shadow Stalker can drop both a mod and a BP.
The chances for dropping are rolled sperately so they have no impact on each other.

I've gotten a mod and no BP, a BP and no mod, and both on different occasions.

What you're running into is his chance to drop a mod is higher than his chance to drop a BP.
But again they have no impact on each other as he can, and has, dropped both.

18 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Why is he dropping engine parts and mods that drop (or can be found) from other things/places as well?

To be fair the scimitar part he drops can only be dropped by him.
The engine is dropped by stalker, the avionics by zanuka hunter and the fuselage by vem tabook.
So that is a drop unique to him.

Also he is one of the few enemies in the game that can drop a mod and one of their other items.
So having the mod drops in his drop list has zero impact on his BP drops.

So even if they remove all of the mods that he can drop it will have absolutely zero impact on his BP drop rates.

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Stalker and Shadow Stalker can drop both a mod and a BP.
The chances for dropping are rolled sperately so they have no impact on each other.

I've gotten a mod and no BP, a BP and no mod, and both on different occasions.

What you're running into is his chance to drop a mod is higher than his chance to drop a BP.
But again they have no impact on each other as he can, and has, dropped both.

To be fair the scimitar part he drops can only be dropped by him.
The engine is dropped by stalker, the avionics by zanuka hunter and the fuselage by vem tabook.
So that is a drop unique to him.

Also he is one of the few enemies in the game that can drop a mod and one of their other items.
So having the mod drops in his drop list has zero impact on his BP drops.

So even if they remove all of the mods that he can drop it will have absolutely zero impact on his BP drop rates.

Oh thats just painful. Im lucky enough to have them all now but still.. what a mess. lol