Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atterax Build

CrazyWFGamer

Question

18 answers to this question

Maimi- ohwait.

Umm, the 3 primed modes Primed Reach/PressurePoint/Fury, Beserker, Organ Shatter and True Steel.

Then I guess you could just fill the 2 last slot with something like 2 dual status mods?

I dunno, I guess this is what I would build it as when I pick it up from the Foundery in 3 hours.

the only reason atterax is considered da best is because of acolyte mods

and blood rush can be acquired from moon spy anyways and drifting contact makes a fine substitute for body count (if not better since atterax can go status and crit at the same time).

without Meme Strike, then it's going to be basically the same as any other Melee Weapon. Blood Rush&Organ Shatter, Drifting Contact, Base Damage ofc, Reach is generally nice on Whips, two Status Elementals, and then Condition Overload.

you can get Blood Rush from Orokin Moon Spy, so while it's an Acolyte Mod, you can get it anyways, at any time.
Weeping Wounds would be nice to have (aside from the stipulation of no unavailable Mods), however fitting both it and Condition Overload is tricky.

8 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

the only reason atterax is considered da best is because of acolyte mods

and blood rush can be acquired from moon spy anyways and drifting contact makes a fine substitute for body count (if not better since atterax can go status and crit at the same time).

i think that also maiming strike it's well used in atterax builds, but it's not a must have, also because it's around 500pl atm

Haven't used it recently (have been enjoying the Silva & Aegis prime), but the last build I used was on a Neo fissure in the Void, and it didn't fall off until somewhere around the 80 minute mark. Build: Weeping Wounds-Blood Rush-Relentless Combination-Berserker-Primed Reach-Organ Shatter-Primed Pressure Point-Drifting Contact or Body Count. The base mods instead of the primed variants are fine for Reach and Pressure Point, although they do help a lot.

2 hours ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

It can be also very effective even without Maiming Strike if you use Condition Overload.

But don't use Corrosive Damage type.

The theory says so and you are correct BUT there was a bug with maiming strike which made it absolutely OP thats why a lot of people used it and never really talked about it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

there was a bug with maiming strike

There are no bugs with maiming strike. It's just a strong mod that can make any weapon with enough range late-game viable. Meanwhile, Atterax not only has incredible range - it also possess great crit stat.

Also, people weren't silent about that. I've made a thread showing Maiming Strike performance on the very next day after Shadow Debt was launched, but back then most of the people were sure there's nothing above 200% crit chance because they read wiki instead of trying things on their own.

But, yeah, Atterax can be decent enough with a regular Blood Rush + Primed Reach build.

3 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

there was a bug with maiming strike which made it absolutely OP

There is no bug with Maiming Strike and this weapon is not OP.

I use Maiming Strike on it only in fast missions, because just 3X-3.5X combo-counter is enough to have stable red crits.

And in that case it would be better to put something else instead of Maiming Strike.

Condition Overload or Weeping Wounds for example.

Edited by --Dark_Rage--

2 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

There are no bugs with maiming strike. It's just a strong mod that can make any weapon with enough range late-game viable. Meanwhile, Atterax not only has incredible range - it also possess great crit stat.

Also, people weren't silent about that. I've made a thread showing Maiming Strike performance on the very next day after Shadow Debt was launched, but back then most of the people were sure there's nothing above 200% crit chance because they read wiki instead of trying things on their own.

But, yeah, Atterax can be decent enough with a regular Blood Rush + Primed Reach build.

There was. Never tested again afterJanuary this year, but Maiming Strike was scaling with Blood Rush. The bug had been fixed at that point then it came back. Most probably fixed right now.

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

There was. Never tested again afterJanuary this year, but Maiming Strike was scaling with Blood Rush. The bug had been fixed at that point then it came back. Most probably fixed right now.

Maiming Strike always scaled with Blood Rush and it still scales now. It was never "fixed". The only change happened to Maiming Strike since it was implemented is the change of the activation requirements from "sliding" to "spin attack".