The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back Stamina for PvE Only

Witchydragon

No, thank you! Stamina did not help this game at all. The things I would like to see is Frames handle differently based on the individual Warframe. 

Instead of how each frame could basically swap skins and only the run speed and powers would differentiate them. Maybe even have individual dodge mechanics? 

10 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

yea I thought same , why would someone cripple him/herself ?

I mean, I really miss the style and pizzaz of the old wallrunning system and the current bullet-jumping and wallhopping is kinda crude and utilitarian in comparison... but yea stamina has no place in this game

12 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I would've liked this better if that 'PvE' was 'PvP', but since it isn't, I would gladly say 'No thanks' and then shout 'GOOD DAY SIR!' before gently slamming the door shut on my way out.

12 hours ago, .Zel said:

See, now this is what we say when you guys come to PvP and suggest the same S#&$.

In other words, Stamina is not welcomed anymore in PVE AND PVP.

13 hours ago, Witchydragon said:

Stamina was actually a great differentiator for frames. Rhino couldn't sprint or jump or fly as often as Volt could, which made him feel tankier and heavier. Now all frames feel the same, the only differences being their fashion and whether you spam 4 or 2.

If you had said "only for PvP" I might have agreed with you. Definitely not for PvE though. 

The very idea of a powerful cybernetic ninja suit remotely controlled by a magic space kid would need to rest during combat because of a stamina limitation is absolutely stupid beyond belief.

As a day one console player nothing would make me quit this game faster then if they reintroduced stamina. Beside, OPs point makes no sense. Unmodded Rhino doesn't just feel tankier than un modded Volt, He is tankier. Un modded Volt isn't just faster than un modded Rhino, he IS faster. Rhino can soak up farm more damage than volt ever could and Volt will out run Rhino 8/10. 

Rhino literally has Heavy Impact creating a shock wave when he lands from high places. How does he not feel tanky to you, OP?

16 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

No. We don't need to slow down the game even more.

Personally I disagree entirely with the idea of reintroducing stamina (that system was outright garbage in it's best state, which is still being generous in how it ruined loads of things single-handedly) but I do think the current pace of the game needs to be toned down and slowed down a bit.

As of right now to me the game feels entirely ruined by the pace players have put it at, with players just blitzing through missions at the highest speed possible whilst blowing everything that even twitches to smithereens with a single press of a button, two-shotting practically any boss in the game that doesn't have some sort of forced invulnerability to try and compensate for this, and the game becoming more of a racing simulator than a third person shooter in missions outside of Defense, Survival, or Excavation.

If it were high level and geared players returning to lower leveled areas causing this that'd be just fine - they put in time for their power, and there is limited efficient farming for certain things within their power level - but when on-level players are doing this to content that is supposed to be challenging at their current level of power thats when things start getting ridiculous.

It is not fun nor enjoyable to see someone running something like a min-maxed Ember or Nova with a Tigris Prime one-shotting everything with every shot and everything else that wasn't shot getting blown up by their AoEs of their constantly active or spammed ultimates that are being tossed out every 3 or so seconds because the actual cost was reduced to absolutely nothing consequential.

Why would a vaguely humanoid chunk of Technocyte infested metal serving as the avatar for a Void empowered child ever get tired?  At the level of augmentation the Orokin could do eliminating the biological causes of fatigue would be trivial for the Dax; nevermind the Warframes.

22 hours ago, Genjinaro said:

My thoughts exactly... I'm amazed anyone would want this back. 

Bury this next to the broken lights.

Loved the broken lights. 

Especially if you joined a game midway, or even at spawn I think, and it's slightly laggy, they could wipe out you/your whole team even while stuck on the loading screen. It was hilarious. Much instakill was to be had. Amusing that they were so freaky and also someone even thought it was a good idea in the first place.

So broken.

Edited by Valiant

I would want stamina back for both PvE and PvP, But I wouldn't at all want it to affect the same things it used to. I'd limit it to enhanced movement mechanics, like bullet-jumping, possibly rolling, wall-jumping, etc, I don't think it should affect things like sprinting in a game like Warframe.