Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fomorian alert doesn't drop Imperator Vandal?

GekkoKid

11 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Got the BP on the first run (score 1M), nothing on the second (700k, fack Grattler).

Confident it's some kind of Razorback nightmare.

Wait, does the reward depend on whether you get a certain amount of points? I've done 2 runs, got parts both times, and got well over a million points both times

12 minutes ago, UvBenServed said:

Wait, does the reward depend on whether you get a certain amount of points? I've done 2 runs, got parts both times, and got well over a million points both times

Doesn't seem to be linked, got the BP on my first attempt (1M score) and nothing since (even though 4-5M score a few times).

I got over 3mil score on the first run and came away with 400 endo and a few thousand credits.... second one was lower and basically got the same rewards so where exactly do these bp's supposedly drop.... is it from the fomorian or the enemies?

I don't want to go wasting time farming the resources if it's as broken as the razorback one...

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I got over 3mil score on the first run and came away with 400 endo and a few thousand credits.... second one was lower and basically got the same rewards so where exactly do these bp's supposedly drop.... is it from the fomorian or the enemies?

I don't want to go wasting time farming the resources if it's as broken as the razorback one...

Chance to drop it as mission reward... but kinda low

1 hour ago, PrwnStar42 said:

Apparently receiver drop rate is like 2%

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Chance to drop it as mission reward... but kinda low

think that might be a bit of an understatement.....

edit: seems like the 400 endo I received is the 'dilution' element of the drop table with according to reddit about 75% drop chance....looks like my earlier comment about DE not learning anything from last even being true then.

Edited by LSG501

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

edit: seems like the 400 endo I received is the 'dilution' element of the drop table with according to reddit about 75% drop chance....looks like my earlier comment about DE not learning anything from last even being true then.

4 hours ago, Coalfax said:

DE still hasnt learned that the players are really hating these stupid diluted loot rolls...  I do believe they dont listen at all...

Clearly... Done 20 runs, got 2 BP and 3 or 4 Barrels, I won't farm for it any more. I don't care now, I won't be farming Hieracons + Fomorian hundreds of times to end up frustrated as during Razorback.

I don't even see the point. This event is clearly designed to be short (the Fomorian attack lasts 2 minutes flat and you can get your event objective in one try), what's the point in forcing people to run it 500 times ? I mean, even with 20% droprate for each part you still would have to run it ~10 times to be sure to get everything, that would be totally acceptable. But no.

I've got 17 barrels and 4 receivers from the last one.  I think I was actually farming it for endo, seeing as I already had the vandal.

The actual fomorian is ridiculously fast to complete.  Take an Itzal and jump right up to it, blow off a shield generator, jump, blow off the other, head inside and side strafe your way around the core picking off weak points, then head outside.  You then spend most of the mission time waiting at the end for everyone else to get to the pick-up point.

Isotope farming is the real bottleneck on how many you can complete.  Last year I managed to persuade a group to bring the right frames to utterly cheese isotope farming with a defensive camp:

• Head for the survival on the planet next to the fomorian.
  • Take Vortex Vauban, EV Trinity, Desecrate Nekros (not despoil), and Speed Nova.  Everyone should have ranged slash based weapons that can dismember bodies, ideally with puch-through too (kohm ftw).
  • When the mission starts, look for the exit room, and then have everyone head to it.
  • Drop a vortex just inside the doorway, while your team stands to either side of it.  This ensures that no enemy will be able to get line of sight on you to either shoot at you, or know where you are to fire indirectly.  If anyone stands in the doorway, or runs into the other room, they will screw up the spawning, because enemies spawn where you cannot see.  If someone can see into the next room, they will push the spawns back to the next room over.  Similarly do not shoot any enemies, except ones in the vortex, or ones that have somehow managed to get past it (very rare, usually happens when a refreshed vortex bugs out and goes somewhere weird).  You don't want loot dropping in a room full of very high level, uncontrolled enemies, where you can't pick loot up without putting the entire group at risk when you inevitably die.  The strength of a defensive position lies in letting the enemies come into your choke-point, where you have a good firing angle on them, but they cannot easily fire on you.
  • Speed Nova keeps a constant stream of enemies coming, to keep the spawn rate up to match your kill rate.
  • Nekros provides your loot multiplier, along with everyone piling slash damage right into the pile of bodies in the vortex.  A Hydroid is not a good choice, because it spreads out both loot and targets, slowing how fast you can kill them, and meaning a lot of them won't get dismembered.
  • Trinity keeps the Nekros, Nova and Vauban topped up with energy to ensure that the vortex has 100% uptime, and MPrime can be cast very regularly to keep enemies coming from spawn with as little delay as possible.
  • Because you are right in the exit room, and nothing can really do anything to damage you, you can play the mission for a ridiculous amount of time.  You will probably get bored with the EZ mode farming way before enemy scaling makes your weapons ineffective.

I think we managed 90 isotopes in one mission.  I remember I spent a whole hour crafting disruptors (read a book, click buttons every minute).  Between the survivals and the fomorian, I managed to fuse at least one primed mod to 10.

Edited by polarity

7 hours ago, BladeRambler said:

I've run 10 missions in a row, nothing but endo. During the last Fomorian event, I at least got a piece of the Imperator Vandal about half the time so I think the drop tables have been changed.

11% BP, 11% Barrel and 2% for receiver. Unless it's changed in the meantime