Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Redeemer: Even greater confusion after testing.

(PSN)NicolaiBM

I've finally gotten my hands on Bullet Dance (does drop rates really have to be this bad?) and playing around with the Redeemer have gotten a big pile of inconsistencies pointed out to me.

Reading the in game stats for the weapon, 60 physical damage with the ips spread at 6 impact, 12 puncture and 42 slash. Nothing about the charged attack having a completely different ips spread, so imagine my surprise when I'm doing 90% impact procs, when I finally do get a proc.

Moved on to putting Weeping Wounds on for more procs and better testing, once again a surprise, I'm getting as few procs as before and the majority of those is impact.

Heading to warframe wikia and looking up the charge attack ips spread reveals it's pure blast elemental, which once again is highly inconsistent with the results of the tests I've just done.

Is it at all possible to get some actual stats on the Redeemer? And an explanation as to why Weeping Wounds doesn't work? Perhaps a list of mods that do work along with a full stat sheet on the charged attack too? Is it the same story with Serpa then? This is why Void_Glitch should be allowed his data mining, at the very least on weapons active in the game.

Alternatively data mining would be less necessary if more info was easy to obtain IN GAME. I'm not talking drop rates either, couldn't care less about those. Basic information however is another story entirely. DE never has been very good with putting necessary info and tutorials in the game though. WF sure doesn't hold your hand.

This is just a mess...the charge attack does a AOE around you that is a blast proc, which knocks enemies down, while it's projectiles are...mostly impact. And currently, in game, you can not even SEE this information. It is NO WHERE.

As Hixlysss said, The blast is actually an aoe that happens at point blank, and is separate from the mostly impact projectiles. Also, weeping wounds (and bloodrush) don't work on the charged shots, because they don't build up and are unaffected by combo multipliers.

BUT, another vote towards datamining not being an acceptable solution these problems. DE admitted to not having enough core stats for weapons and abilities shown in game, the only solution is for them to fix this themselves.

Edited by rapt0rman

As Redeemer expert allow me to explain.

The shots of the Redeemer are Impact based, with charge attacks having high chance to proc Impact which staggers enemies if they somehow survive.

The melee attacks, or in other words, the ones which you actualy use the blades of the Redeemer are moustly Slash based.

As said above, the Blast proc on charge attacks happens exactly on top of you which is rather useful when you are surrounded.

It really doesn't take much to figure these things out, sure you may not get the exact numbers but at least you know what's happening, just pay some more attention.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

14 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

BUT, another vote towards datamining not being an acceptable solution these problems. DE admitted to not having enough core stats for weapons and abilities shown in game, the only solution is for them to fix this themselves.

And until such time as DE gets off their butts and actually starts providing accurate, honest and useful information to us players, datamining will the only source of said  information.

That said, it would be in DE's best interests to eliminate the need for people to datamine and post information that most would regard as being essential to properly utilizing the tools made available to us.

Why do people just HAVE to take the datamine drama everywhere they go. This happened only recently and no big patches have released since yet. We dont know what info the new site will have. And we actually have stats for the new weapons (yes not all of them I know) while they normally would not disclose them themselves.

(Btw I highly doubt datamining would have given more info about the weird way the redeemer works and even the blast damage was Probably a datamined stat, otherwise we really would have known by now. its no new weapon by any stretch)

Edited by Airwolfen

15 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

As Redeemer expert allow me to explain.

The shots of the Redeemer are Impact based, with charge attacks having high chance to proc Impact which staggers enemies if they somehow survive.

The melee attacks, or in other words, the ones which you actualy use the blades of the Redeemer are moustly Slash based.

As said above, the Blast proc on charge attacks happens exactly on top of you which is rather useful when you are surrounded.

It really doesn't take much to figure these things out, sure you may not get the exact numbers but at least you know what's happening, just pay some more attention.

I've already gathered that much myself and I'm by no means a redeemer expert or gunblade expert, yet I don't have mechanics to work with, just a guess and a shot in the dark.

I don't know which mods works, clearly Weeping Wounds doesn't yet Condition Overload does, does Healing Return work on gunblades or is that another melee mod that doesn't work on the charged attack due to the shotgun?

This issue of lack of information is far too common in warframe and it would be fantastic if DE made all mechanics and stats available to us, which mods don't work especially so! We are trying to make builds as good as possible, how can we do that with not enough information available?