Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.4

[DE]Rebecca

This hotfix broke the color scheming of the Seer pistol.

I kept my Seer pistol the default color scheme.

Supposed to look like this: 3EHKm.png

It actually looks like this: 3EHMf.png

I've clicked reset color many times and the 2nd picture is always the result.

The aura mod thing is both amazing and unexpected.  Quite a gift, especially for the un-potatoed! ;)

I have one question though.  Will it eventually be possible for small clans to build regular clan halls when they need additional capacity, or perhaps other structures that add to capacity?  My clan has only 3 people in it, but we had to build a great hall when we ran out of capacity.  Might there be some way to "tier down" if a clan shrinks?

Thanks for all your hard work,

QB

When they came out with the new mods I thought to myself: OK, now I have decisions to make. Do I put Constitution w/Continuity to have that huge boost to duration or do I use the two spaces and 12(after halving) mod slots for something else? I gotta remember to save slots for my aura too. Maybe Constitution is too expensive and I should use my - slot for Flow instead so I can max out my aura.

Now my thought is: OK, so back to just max everything and try not to make my unused mod points too ridiculously high. :P Right now I am releveling my banshee, I have maxed my loadout and still have 13 slots left.

When 9.1 came out I thought they should have just made auras regular warframe mods and given us 2 new slots, one with a polarity to match whatever we have now. Why bother with a new type of mod? Add 2 slots, keep costs the same and people will have to ya know...think...and make decisions.

Now that they made this update it got me thinking that adding 5 mod slots with hamstring mods would be awesome. So I dunno. I'm sure they have something up their sleeves.

Am i the only one not happy with the auras changes?

The new aura system(before) wasn't the best implementation ok, but we changed from somewhat bad to bad. More mod points? I will leave some empty half the time, but its weird having to 'tone down' something of my own... and flickering around the not that much user friendly mod ui (mod sorting alongside the mod slots needs a serious revamp on the UI/UX department).

I'm not sure about the semantic argument 'it does breaks builds'. There is a big difference between 'capacity slack /I should fuse more' and 'I can't equip the same stuff anymore'. Yes, this adds headroom in the same way a level cap increase would. But if you're arguing for 7 vs. 14, - its just degrees and becomes arbitrary how much headroom is enough (could be wrong, I expect you're looking at a specific build's slack).

Nightmare, new Mods, and the possibility of fusing some high drain mods can soak up the difference for min/maxers. I get where you're coming from and it is the reason there has always been two constraints: cost/slot.

Thanks for the reply.

I do agree that the issue is one of rather arbitrary degrees, but after having some more game time with the new system, I feel that, as it is now, the current degree is just too much. I'm looking both at specific builds, and the broader picture of frames in general.

Just about an a hour ago, I broke out my rank 10 (reactored, but never polarized with forma) Rhino, slapped my maxed Rifle Amp in the aura slot (giving me 34 points to play with...at rank 10), then threw on a handful of the most useful mods I had and equipped low rank weapons to level. Then I proceeded to join a public defense game in a 11-14 rank mission, with players using similar rank frames, but who were newer. We did 15 rounds and I easily carried the whole group to the degree that a few of them were probably bored (at least until they started to drop like flies around wave 12).

Concluding that I needed higher rank content I did some rank 25ish Grineer mission with one other player (in an unranked Rhino), that turned out to be an ice map (I was down to 435 shield, my buddy had 75) where I was ambushed by Stalker (rank 45), who promptly died to my Gorgon that had no Serration, no multishot, and only one elemental damage mod. I don't even think he got through my Iron Skin. So, walking away with a Dread BP (the last one I needed, thank you Stalker) we complete the mission with ease.

Evidently, I can drop my now Rank 12 or 13 Rhino into any content in the game short of a high wave Pluto/T3 defense and fit right in. Also, even if there was some incentive to expend forma to repolarize at some point (I was expecting to need two or three on the Rhino, but doubt I will use any now) I could jump straight into upper-mid level content and power rank myself.

Regarding the specific build stuff, my mobility/melee (stun and crit) focused Excalibur with four forma polarizations had pretty much everything I intended to put on the frame, when the auras had a cost. I now have 14 extra points, without even having a polarity on the aura slot, of which I can think of a relevant use (completely maxing out vitality) for maybe three.

I guess it all seems like bloat/power creep. Add some difficulty with one hand, remove it all with the other, end result simply being bigger numbers. Nothing really substantial has changed, there isn't really any more depth...just bigger numbers all round.

Edited by Saenol

i like the aura change because i feel like people can realistically have that slot not polarized and have a degree of flexibility in which aura they have equipped which would be much more difficult to achieve if the aura ended up costing instead of giving more energy.

Changes:

Aura mods now *boost* your mod capacity rather than drain it.

Foundry changes: Components that you have 0 of don’t show, transition time between panels cut in half, sort by 'type' added, screen transition and panel transition concurrent.

Added clear labels to Dojo Halls to denote that if you build a bigger hall, you move up a Clan Tier and resources will scale accordingly.

Fixes:

Fix for clan emblems to render better in game (switched to alpha compression).

Fix for Dethcube issues with attacks.

Fix for Nightmare mode timer sound not being high enough stakes.

Fix for inaudible Lotus VO for some users. She’s baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Fix for bug where inviting new guild members fails.

Fix for boss rooms and gates being included in Corpus Ship Exterminate missions.

Fix for Corpus Ship Exterminate missions having closed doors block progress.

Further improvements to hack panel issues in the Grineer Galleon.

Fix for last active date displaying “unknown”

Fix for key-based missions freezing Solar Chart after aborting.

Potential fix for first-time contributions failing if a new guild is created.

Fix for Wormhole not leveling properly.

Fix for fourth player in a lobby not being able to vote.

Fix for timed Orokin Void runs being inaccessible.

Fang Prime speed buff.

Further Sobek changes: more damage, longer reload.

Various crash fixes.

Notes:

For those that polarized the Aura slot to match an Aura mod, its not wasted - it doubles the benefit!

I love you guys and gals at DE.

Notes:

For those that polarized the Aura slot to match an Aura mod, its not wasted - it doubles the benefit!

love what you did with the aura's. i think it will worck out the best with the new system.

Edited by Attamm12

Am I the only one who thinks the sobek is getting so buffed it's ruining all the other shotguns? Why not give it 200 damage and 10 of fire rate? that will defenetly end the subject... Hek was a beast. now I think its a bit S#&$ty when compared to a full moded sobek mainlly cuase of that HUGE magazine... Also the description of the weapon in the market says something like: "it has low damage but compensates with a big clip size" 100 -> low damage?

Lol... the 60 damage was just fine... This hotfix was the worse ever... Made evrything OPed "just cause a few kids couldn't stop whinning"...

I cant even finish reading through this thread because of all the complaints, off topic requests, and general whining. Half the people posting should be ashamed of the image they give the Warframe community.

Kudos for all the hard work DE, keep it up!

I think anyone that "whines" like myself really just has an emotional investment in the game and would like to see it go in a direction of their liking. Warframe is like a child growing up and some of us are not the best parents while others are trying to coax them in the right direction. ;)

Double Crit Chance

Give sniping weapon(snipertron,bows) a double crit chance bonus when shoot at critical point. So user will know exactly target will be dead or not before change to next target. 

This is actually very useful when you got in laggy situation, no need to waste extra ammo on soon-be-dead mod.

Edited by Hameln