Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.4

[DE]Rebecca

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure about the semantic argument 'it does breaks builds'. There is a big difference between 'capacity slack /I should fuse more' and 'I can't equip the same stuff anymore'. Yes, this adds headroom in the same way a level cap increase would. But if you're arguing for 7 vs. 14, - its just degrees and becomes arbitrary how much headroom is enough (could be wrong, I expect you're looking at a specific build's slack).

Nightmare, new Mods, and the possibility of fusing some high drain mods can soak up the difference for min/maxers. I get where you're coming from and it is the reason there has always been two constraints: cost/slot.

Your arguments are totally valid though, I'm just trying to convince you I haven't painted myself into a corner... yet. :S

So, guessing nothing will be done to the sobek, other than tweaking damage.. :/

Had an idea to alleviate this issue. Upgrading auras should reduce the amount of capacity gained from them. This would mean you get a better effect in return for reduced capacity. This would add back some build options. Not ideal, but it would make sense. Upgrading should always have a tradeoff.

I disagree, I love the extra capacity, since I've started focusing on trying to max out some of my health mods, I've been wondering what I'd do once I maxed out vitality, yes I could repolarize my warframes, but for someone like me who has a lot of warframe I have for different missions, It'd cost me around 200 plat just to repolarize all of my warframes once. Upgrading should have some trade off, but upgrading should also open doors. Right now my main trade off was instead of focusing my spare mods into something useful like health mods, I put them into my aura, so I can have more capacity. I love having more capacity, I'd love to have more space, but I know that's not going to happen.

I do not like this Auras boosting thing. I upgrade my aura and it adds to my mod pool? Here I thought DE was making extra mods and reducing our mod slots to force people to play specialized warframes. Now we are going to have a bunch of cloned munchkins in body suits.

this sobek better not be wimpy like the last one, especially if they r decreasing reload speed..... at least 90 id say

Edit: YES. it is now 100. much needed thnk u DE but tht reload speed is pretty killer considering the max reload decrease is only 30% (correct me if im wrong)

Edited by Zoike

The Raptor drop rate is ok. 4h and all parts for Nova. Well, it takes time. But if you ever had farmed in Borderlands and so on you should see that it's not impossible to get the drops. I got chassis two times and systeme four times. And that all before the first hotfix for Raptor ;) my nova is finished in 1 Day and 20h.

Nice changes with aura mods.

But still needs more control panels on grineer's ship. My friend was locked today in new room (intersection) and wasn't able to go anywhere. He failed alert mission because of this.

Edited by AntLion

Nice hotfix! :p I just want to mention something here though, hopefully you guys will read this and maybe hopefully think about it. 

Basically I wonder if Banshee could get a BUFF to her soundquake and like Sonar I know that she is balanced but I do not think that she is balanced enough. On low levels vs grineer, infested, corpus shes fine. But when it comes to HIGHER levels... its like shes of no use @ all. I mean don't get me wrong i play xini alot and banshee's abilities are strong and are the way they are meant to be, normal defense missions levels 50+ are fine.. But when it reaches higher levels than that, or lets say for example VOID missions, its like there is no point in using soundquake. Now i understand that Void enemies are harder but ive seen frost using his standard 1st ability and instantly killing enemies in just one use of that ability. But thats just one of the other warframes that have that advantage over banshee in void missions. I find my self in situations where if i choose to kill enemies i have to atleast press the button 3 times in order to kill them, which is energy consuming, also not forgetting to mention that i have not really gotten any new better weapons yet, I do have decent weapons. But its just that im hoping that banshee could get a small buff not even a huge one.. I am a big fan of banshee, and to be honest its the only warframe that i actually play with now been using her for 3 months now and im not even bored of her,n ot really fond of Nova, never get bored of banshee.. So im just hoping There could a buff in her abilities where she can do damage vs higher enemies in void and other normal higher level grineer enemies to.. Thanks though.

By the way i played level 3 defense today and i felt as if i wasnt getting any kills with banshee at all :\ besides using weapons but im talking about her abilities even though she has offensive an defensive abilities. Im just hoping that her main abilities like soundquake and sonar could recieve a buff.

Edited by S3DZOR

I've given it some thought...

Now that they have a system in place they can create hamstring mods! OK sure the auras are not really hamstrings but they have a custom slot so you basically have to use one. What I am saying is that you could make mods like Warm Coat useful by giving them an effective negative cost. Then you won't feel as bad slapping them on a precious mod slot. You could even create mods that reduce your stats to get a boost to your mod capacity. Like you could get a mod that reduces your speed -10%/rank up to -60% but gives you 2+ mod slots etc. Since polarization is important the polarized mod that reduces your armor put on an armor (D?) slot would give you double the boost etc. So it would even fall in line. You could totally nerf yourself to give yourself a bigger boost.

I was giving it some thought. If done correctly by making it so you can increase ranks on stuff enough...you could seriously make frames that are more customized.

I was thinking...say you doubled the mod placements to 1 aura and 15 mod spots. Or 10 regular buff mods and 5 nerf spots. Then you could have nerfs that are dual use like...give you a drop in armor for an exchange in power duration or something.

I definitely don't like the way things are right now ATM. Maybe DE is going somewhere with this.

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure about the semantic argument 'it does breaks builds'. There is a big difference between 'capacity slack /I should fuse more' and 'I can't equip the same stuff anymore'. Yes, this adds headroom in the same way a level cap increase would. But if you're arguing for 7 vs. 14, - its just degrees and becomes arbitrary how much headroom is enough (could be wrong, I expect you're looking at a specific build's slack).

Nightmare, new Mods, and the possibility of fusing some high drain mods can soak up the difference for min/maxers. I get where you're coming from and it is the reason there has always been two constraints: cost/slot.

Your arguments are totally valid though, I'm just trying to convince you I haven't painted myself into a corner... yet. :S

14 hardly makes builds irrelevant. This is only true if you have applied a lot of forma. of course this problem is easily solved by adding more mod slots. This way you increase the number of builds possible just as you increase the points. 

Nice hotfix! :p I just want to mention something here though, hopefully you guys will read this and maybe hopefully think about it. 

Basically I wonder if Banshee could get a BUFF to her soundquake and like Sonar I know that she is balanced but I do not think that she is balanced enough. On low levels vs grineer, infested, corpus shes fine. But when it comes to HIGHER levels... its like shes of no use @ all. I mean don't get me wrong i play xini alot and banshee's abilities are strong and are the way they are meant to be, normal defense missions levels 50+ are fine.. But when it reaches higher levels than that, or lets say for example VOID missions, its like there is no point in using soundquake. Now i understand that Void enemies are harder but ive seen frost using his standard 1st ability and instantly killing enemies in just one use of that ability. But thats just one of the other warframes that have that advantage over banshee in void missions. I find my self in situations where if i choose to kill enemies i have to atleast press the button 3 times in order to kill them, which is energy consuming, also not forgetting to mention that i have not really gotten any new better weapons yet, I do have decent weapons. But its just that im hoping that banshee could get a small buff not even a huge one.. I am a big fan of banshee, and to be honest its the only warframe that i actually play with now been using her for 3 months now and im not even bored of her,n ot really fond of Nova, never get bored of banshee.. So im just hoping There could a buff in her abilities where she can do damage vs higher enemies in void and other normal higher level grineer enemies to.. Thanks though.

By the way i played level 3 defense today and i felt as if i wasnt getting any kills with banshee at all :\ besides using weapons but im talking about her abilities even though she has offensive an defensive abilities. Im just hoping that her main abilities like soundquake and sonar could recieve a buff.

Oh no you di'int! ;)

Banshee is my main frame. She can get it done. The problem is people seem to think that she is offensive. (I blame the two gamma polarities) She is NOT an offensive frame like Ember or even Nyx. She can get kills in on weaker foes but with higher level foes she is there to stun and push them around. Banshee is for crowd control and drawing aggro. If there is a bro down, you run in there and you soundquake the area while your other bro runs in and saves the first. If you are getting swarmed you blast your sonic boom to spread out your enemies. If there are extremely tough dudes out there you pop on your sonar so that your bros can help you with the 5x damage multiplier. Banshee has no range. Her role is not to do the most damage or get the most kills. Her role is to speed up the process for everybody. She is a social butterfly like that. ;)

Sonar gives a 500% damage buff and is affected by Focus. It makes short work of any bosses so far. Sonar doesn't need a buff in my opinion.

As for Soundquake, maybe it could ignore armor for one thing (how does armor protect you from sound, really?), but the main thing about Banshee is that she's not about dealing damage, but doing things to allow herself, or others, to deal damage with weapons. Sonic Boom is only good to push back enemies, which can be great in defense missions. It's also all it needs to be. Soundquake seems to have a guarantee stun against any enemies except bosses, which can help a lot of teammates in a pinch, or just allowing them to shoot at free targets in a way.

As a Banshee user as well, a little buff may be nice, but it's far from a necessity because, like an above user said, she's NOT an "offensive" Warframe. I stand corrected of course since other's point of view, if constructive, is always welcomed.

What I wouldn't mind is Sonic Boom pushing enemies farther away with ranks.

Edited by Casardis

Aura mods now *boost* your mod capacity rather than drain it.

This is really nice as it actually allows rank 0 frames to be able to contribute in higher level areas without dying instantly.

If you guys keep doing these kind of hotfixes the fanbase is going kill all of you with kindness (I forgive you for making me spit my drink onto my screen :D).

Sorry for my stubborn, but I feel like the Aura Mod Boost is like cheating now.

I created a topic to change the Auras to use Account/Mastery Rank, considering one of your live that you guys said you like to use the Rank for more than unlock weapons.

And most people in the topic are annoyed with the dificult swarp Auras and dont know what aura the group are using. A easy way to do it would be nice and show it for the others players and encourage some strategy.

It encourages people to buy/craft more weapons and warframes to lvlup the rank and use stronger aura mods.

And a guy give a ideia of the possibility to have more than one slot of Aura. (people with 9 rank can have a full aura and one at level 0)

the people at the topic give lot of good ideas:
https://forums.warfr...e-account-rank/

I really like Warframe and I dont want the game become unfair to itself.

Sorry for my English and any trouble.