Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.4

[DE]Rebecca

Thanks for all of the fixes, a lot of good changes, but I do feel that this move on the Aura system is ill advised and not well thought out. It also makes those who have spent time polarizing our frames many times rather miffed considering the time and resources spent. My Nyx which I polarized for the 5th time, 2 hours before the update will now have about 20 mod points to spare, with all maxed mods. Whereas before I had exactly the correct amount for all the mods and the aura slot. Now I feel the last 3 days I spent polarizing my Nyx have been an utter waste of time and the 40 platinum I used to purchase my forma. 

There is also the fact that with the correct polarity, a level 0 frame can have 14 points to use from the get go, making frames too strong form the word go. 

I would have suggested simply removing polarities on the aura mods and the aura slots, making the auras easily used and fitted to all frames, without wasting a forma to change the polarity.

But apart from this gripe, very pleased with the hotfix, keep up the good work!

Hello Mr. Sinclair. I'm just wondering here, that, would this mean that you all are in the process of considering having rooms similar to the greater/grand/grandest halls available to small clans as well, without making us move up the clan tier? I'm in a small clan but I'd love to have those fancy halls available just to walk through and connect rooms. However, our clan is small in number and I don't want the cost prices of normal rooms to increase for us. That being said, I would mind having the resources for the grand/grandest hall-like rooms being a tad bit higher. after all, they are bigger rooms. We're a far way off in terms of personnel, before we move up in clan tier but it would be nice to still be able to build the correct room to make the move up tier when we are ready. I like this idea.

Genius plan on one hand. But like some have said, now with the auras boosting mod capacity, they end up with mod capacity to spare. I'm wondering though, with the introduction of more "technical" enemies e.g. Elite grineer, as well as the Nightmare mode, would giving us more mod slots be a good idea? I mean, you guys have introduced more mods as well with the Nightmare mode.

I'm just throwing it out there, and I'm not asking or begging for this to be done. But maybe the change in the artifacts system is what caused all this to begin with?

all aside. Thank you for the continued efforts to fix numerous things at the same time. Ferret on fire sounds tooo common and vague/unappreciative.

I'd personally call you guys Warframe Thanes. The noblemen behind the game who do the hardest of the hard work but still have time for us.. Thank you so much.

The Dojo halls being available for small clans is definitely in the works!

The Aura changes - well, there's always a bigger fish we can introduce. I wanted Aura's to interact with the Mod system, and this accomplishes this in an interesting way without breaking people's builds they were using. "Revert" was not an option :)

Genius plan on one hand. But like some have said, now with the auras boosting mod capacity, they end up with mod capacity to spare. I'm wondering though, with the introduction of more "technical" enemies e.g. Elite grineer, as well as the Nightmare mode, would giving us more mod slots be a good idea? I mean, you guys have introduced more mods as well with the Nightmare mode.

It definitely comes in handy. It also helps Warframes that are almost not viable in certain missions become better with more slots to spare, or the simple fact that they can use Auras now.

A lvl 55 Shield Lancer that takes you off-guard will bash 400 shields out of your face. A lvl 60 Elite Grineer Lancer could take out my shield in matter of seconds by his Burston, and they come in more than TEN during certain mobile defense missions (which personally I think it's a bit ridiculous at times haha).

Not pleased with the changes to the aura system. You are really jerking us around DE.

First you remove the cards; fine, they were an anomaly. You reintroduce them as aura mods and give them a cost; fine, they are advantageous powers that should have some cost.

Now you completely reverse course and have them grant additional capacity?

This negates, or even causes to be a liability, much of the effort and tweaking that many people have already done to their frames, not to mention removes any incentive for anyone to do much of this in the future. Instead of the effort that went into obtaining forma/reactors, repolarizing, and releveling being reflected in a tangible increase in ability at the cost of a carefully weighed reduction in versatility, what do we have now?

Redundancy and waste.

Yes, the casual masses, the challenge averse, and the cheapskates of the instant gratification crowd (which I do understand is likely the majority, but, I remind you, probably not where you are getting your money) get to have their cake and eat it too. The rest of us have had substantial investment and progress nullified. Everyone loses out on some of the hard decisions, and the reward for making wise ones, that would formally have been a mainstay of late game play.

In my opinion, this change should be rolled back to mods either having a cost, or to them not having any impact on mod capacity at all.

Whatever you do, make up your minds.

Edited by Saenol

Stop adding incremental damage to the sobek. Fix the damn weapon on a fundamental level. Take the damn thing out, and give it a purpose.

It's still bad by principle. 4 pellets, tight spread, damage drop off kills the utility in the spread. Boar still trumps it there.

Strun and HEK still trump it in close-mid range.

It's a braton that spits out 4 rounds per shot. Up from a Braton MK-1. Now with a little more damage, and a huge reload.

Double barrel shotguns should dispense a HUGE amount of pellets. But with a HUGE amount of spread, punishing the player for trying to use it aggressively, outside of its optimal range. But giving the player a means to deal with crowds, making use of the large spread and volume of pellets.

DOWN the damage back to 40.

UP the pellet count to 12-16. And make the darn thing spread like crazy outside of 5m.

It would be an infested lead hose..and people would LOVE it.

It wouldin't be effective against the other two races..but we have enough weapons. And HEK, STRUN work well on the other two..Boar is still the king of versatility.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Not pleased with the changes to the aura system. You are really jerking us around DE.

First you remove the cards; fine, they were an anomaly. You reintroduce them as aura mods and give them a cost; fine, they are advantageous powers that should have some cost.

This negates, or even causes to be a liability, much of the effort and tweaking that many people have already done to their frames, not to mention removes any incentive for anyone to do much of this in the future. Instead of the effort that went into obtaining forma/reactors, repolarizing, and releveling being reflected in a tangible increase in ability at the cost of a carefully weighed reduction in versatility, what do we have now?

Redundancy and waste.

Yes, the casual masses, the challenge averse, and the cheapskates of the instant gratification crowd (which I do understand is likely the majority, but, I remind you, probably not where you are getting your money) get to have their cake and eat it too. The rest of us have had substantial investment and progress nullified.

In my opinion, this change should be rolled back to mods either having a cost, or to them not having any impact on mod capacity at all.

Exactly what I said, said perhaps slightly better =) upvote for you my good fellow

I wanna say: I HATE THIS NEW AURA BONUS!!! MY POTATOED FRAME didn't even need to be potatoed at all if this existed when I started. Any unranked frame now has 14 mod points! this is OverPowering frames all over!!! I was happy with the changes that made this game a lot harder and a lot funnier but now it's nearlly useless to potatoe a frame and making a build is simply coming up with the set of 6 mods you want to place in the frame. and probably even tossing a few extras on the spells polarized spots (cause you can, you got mod points for everything you want...). Rubish rubish rubish! Just get the Auras back to the old scheme. it worked and it was fun to use and a sort of team interaction thing that now it's not... 

BTW: First time I post that I'm unpleased with something you did...

I wanna say: I HATE THIS NEW AURA BONUS!!! MY POTATOED FRAME didn't even need to be potatoed at all if this existed when I started. Any unranked frame now has 14 mod points! this is OverPowering frames all over!!! I was happy with the changes that made this game a lot harder and a lot funnier but now it's nearlly useless to potatoe a frame and making a build is simply coming up with the set of 6 mods you want to place in the frame. and probably even tossing a few extras on the spells polarized spots (cause you can, you got mod points for everything you want...). Rubish rubish rubish! Just get the Auras back to the old scheme. it worked and it was fun to use and a sort of team interaction thing that now it's not... 

BTW: First time I post that I'm unpleased with something you did...

+Vote for you 

Redundancy and waste.

Yes, the casual masses, the challenge averse, and the cheapskates of the instant gratification crowd (which I do understand is likely the majority, but, I remind you, probably not where you are getting your money) get to have their cake and eat it too. The rest of us have had substantial investment and progress nullified.

Sorry you feel this way and it makes sense. It is very experimental and that sucks for people investing time. I thought an inversion was a way to keep it interacting with the mod system but in a novel way that doesn't break people's builds. If they polarized in the meantime, they still get a payoff in the form of increased capacity.

All of this in the context of a new challenge mode we intend to grow...

As for making up our minds - it would be nice but its hard to project the experiences of a dozen people onto tens of thousands. I wish I could get it right the first time, but I often don't.

Exactly what I said, said perhaps slightly better =) upvote for you my good fellow

Yeah, but again, it seems like the Nightmare mods were designed to alleviate the cost of the aura mod for example replacing two mods you'd normally use with one combo mod, saving points to use on the aura mod. It's like no one reads into these things, they just post when something upsets them or makes them overtly happy. Either way, DE will get it figured soon enough with proper input from smart players, hopefully.

Any chance resistance mods could get a similar treatment like the aura mods?

Example:  Add 2 mod slots to warframe that are specifically used for resistance mods. They would not affect total mod points or have points of their own.

I have only used antivenom for 2 games and dont know anyone who uses resistance mods unless its for dojo battles.

Sorry you feel this way and it makes sense. It is very experimental and that sucks for people investing time. I thought an inversion was a way to keep it interacting with the mod system but in a novel way that doesn't break people's builds. If they polarized in the meantime, they still get a payoff in the form of increased capacity.

All of this in the context of a new challenge mode we intend to grow...

As for making up our minds - it would be nice but its hard to project the experiences of a dozen people onto tens of thousands. I wish I could get it right the first time, but I often don't.

Spare capacity isn't really a benefit. I have my mods maxed so that spare capacity is just sitting there laughing at me and my spent forma.

Maybe we could have the aura add less cap, but to all equipped gear or something. So You'd get a bonus to cap on your weapons aswell.

The forma just feels wasted.

Also please tell me the Orthos Prime will be fixed soon. (Yes I'll keep saying this since I need it to finish my Prime collection)