The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What the void actually is (speculation)

1 hour ago, Kinetos said:

Or void is the Dark Dimension, the Man in the Wall is Dormamu, and Rell is Doctor Strange.

I reaallly don't see this poor Rell coming and troll Dormamu in a bargain loop.

Edit : Maybe i'm wrong, after all he did this awful choice of being tortured trap in his warframe to keep... well i didnt understand well that part. This kid was keeping the Void to enter our dimension by himself ? Really.

Edited by Stonehenge

22 hours ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

There's also this:

Hide contents

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAk-AAAAJDliY2NhNDI1LWQ4ZGEt

Only one problem, the second picture is a simulation of dark matter.... a substance which has no real evidence of existence besides that "it must exist" for the sake of universal expansion.

Just now, 45neo said:

Only one problem, the second picture is a simulation of dark matter.... a substance which has no real evidence of existence besides that "it must exist" for the sake of universal expansion.

what if kuva is the warframe universe equivalent of "dark matter" that in some way the grineer (and the orokins before them) can collet?

On 7/2/2017 at 9:54 AM, (PS4)drollive96 said:

my theory is that just like palladino said the void isn't just a place, it's an entity with it's own consciuosness. the creepy voice at both the end of the war within and the end of the harrow quest is actually the void talking to us. this would also explain why void energy is so hard to control, because it has a mind of its own. Also in the war within when the father says "somethings out there kiddo, watching us" its might actully be the void itself that is watching them. who knows the next big quest might be about unveiling the mystery of the void. that's just a theory tell me what you think

Yeah I was always thinking the same. All the things in chains of Harrow I think show this plainly. We now even know his personality, indifferent. So either we are his playthings or he is using us for some greater purpose unknown to us....

4 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

what if kuva is the warframe universe equivalent of "dark matter" that in some way the grineer (and the orokins before them) can collet?

perhaps but I was talking in reality....

OK now here is a crack pot theory.... as we all know the sentients were sent to the Tau system but they came back to exact revenge/take over the Orokin empire. Sure could have been they somehow gained an understanding of how they were used and were mad at that.... but what if they encountered something... or rather someone (or perhaps more than one person) in the Tau system, whom either scared the sentients or started controlling them... Perhaps an entity with some motive to take over the origin system, in order to get at someone else, some other entity. Perhaps we are not just playthings but rather the makings of puppet soldiers to fight on the whim of this man behind the wall to protect himself from an entity from the Tau system....

1 minute ago, 45neo said:

OK now here is a crack pot theory.... as we all know the sentients were sent to the Tau system but they came back to exact revenge/take over the Orokin empire. Sure could have been they somehow gained an understanding of how they were used and were mad at that.... but what if they encountered something... or rather someone (or perhaps more than one person) in the Tau system, whom either scared the sentients or started controlling them... Perhaps an entity with some motive to take over the origin system, in order to get at someone else, some other entity. Perhaps we are not just playthings but rather the makings of puppet soldiers to fight on the whim of this man behind the wall to protect himself from an entity from the Tau system....

well... they traveled trought the void right? it could be that the travel inside the living conciouness of the void changed something in them and while time passed they evolved their mind

24 minutes ago, 45neo said:

You're mixing dark matter with dark energy.

Dark matter however can be observed by it's gravitational influence, so while the picture is a computer model it isn't based on mere assumptions.

But let's not derail... I just wanted to point out some possible design inspirations.

Personal opinion? The Void is a primeval realm where everything is everything. Energy, matter, thought, life, death, it is all analgamated into the great white mass. (Overblown theory= The Big Bang was the day a Void Rift cracked into our reality and spewed it's Omni-material outward to differentiate into matter and energy.)

Tenno act as conduits whereby the primordium is pushed through them and directed, using a Warframe as a thematic prism to filter the primordium into matter or energy of a desired type (Fire, electromagnetism, water, etc.). 

At the the same time in reverse however, whenever something from our universe enters the Void unprotected, it "taints" it. A group of people who die via, say, a punch-drive accident, will be forced together to return to the primordial state. If to many die in one place however, the effect could stabilize, reaching a "critical mass" of sorts where the "death blob" could gain some "real-space"-esque control, adding some physics effects where there should be none.

The Man-In-The-Wall could very well be the distilled essence of every human to ever die in a Void related incident, rendered down into a "demigod-like" form. The reason we Tenno hear the entity speak to us in the manner of our father is simply because of the fact that that is what the Tenno filters it into, the voice of an individual largely unknown to us, but we have a vague sense of having met before.

As the entity would need to devour more and more real-space related items in order to stave off the return to primordialness, the Zariman, filled with humans, could have been quite the fresh prize to feed from. While the malleable bodies and minds of the children might have been able to adapt to it's soul-sucking attempts, those past the age of 22 might not have been so lucky, stripped away until all that remains is primeval purely reptilian (perhaps even annelid?) instinct to hunt and feed.

Just my two cents on the matter. 

"Remember that time we hid the moon in the void, and the queens were like, 'uhh.. where did it go?' Good times." - The Lotus, Sentient Company Camping Trip, 40213AD

The void is the space between plot holes.

19 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

I just accept it as the space between Universes.

Always thought that was what Limbo was tapping into, the "1st layer of skin" between reality and the Void. Doesn't mean your wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Pyus said:

"Remember that time we hid the moon in the void, and the queens were like, 'uhh.. where did it go?' Good times." - The Lotus, Sentient Company Camping Trip, 40213AD

The void is the space between plot holes.

What do you mean? Unless this is humor that blows past me completely.

1 minute ago, Unus said:

What do you mean? Unless this is humor that blows past me completely.

It was humor/sarcasm. DE makes the story up as they go and the Void is deus ex machina plot band-aid. I'll see you at extract. 

Ah, a very boring outlook to have, but, one that I know I cannot sway you from. Very well, I'm sure I'll get to extraction eventually. . . just as soon as I open these last 6 lockers. . . maybe these last few crates. . . OI, is that a parkour item room!. . . uh oh.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Nice theory but when we are in the void... it doesn't talk to us or do anything, it is just another tileset. Weird uh?

A theory is the void tileset isn't directly in the void, but inside an Orokin spacecraft which has shielding that holds a bubble of real space inside it, where the tileset is, and the void is outside it.

2 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

yeah, i did it... oh, nothing interesting in all those crates

if the void is a sentient being, what are the void towers for him/her?

What are you talking about sir?! There were 115 credits in that locker! 115! What madman would EVER leave behind ANY scrape of money or even the tiniest resource chunk?! Someone without O.C.D., that's who.

At best, sources of prey, at worst, terrifying alien places of solidification, liquidity, and gaseousness, ensconsened in fields of (energy?) that are anathema to the beauty of formlessness. Things that are not of Void and have no place there.

6 hours ago, Kinetos said:

A theory is the void tileset isn't directly in the void, but inside an Orokin spacecraft which has shielding that holds a bubble of real space inside it, where the tileset is, and the void is outside it.

The load-in screen shows our ship approaching an ironing tower, so we already know the tileset is inside the tower, which the tower is inside the void. That is what I meant. Everything there is inside the void already, which is the light blue space looking background. 

15 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

well... they traveled trought the void right? it could be that the travel inside the living conciouness of the void changed something in them and while time passed they evolved their mind

No they did it the slow boat method through normal space. Traveling through them Void destroys the likely because it is a dimension that breaks all our normal laws thus their essentially normal universe based logic based systems fry.

Creations like Ordis and Suda can handle the void because they are still human minds that have been digitalized.... Of course it will likely drive them insane too with time and exposure.

Edited by SilvaDreams

8 hours ago, kyori said:

The load-in screen shows our ship approaching an ironing tower, so we already know the tileset is inside the tower, which the tower is inside the void. That is what I meant. Everything there is inside the void already, which is the light blue space looking background. 

Miss the part where the tower might be shielded to keep the Void out of the inside of the tower/tileset?