Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why some phrases at face value seem innocent enough, can get you suspended from region?

Reconsile

Not bug reporting or anything, I am honestly just curious why certain phrases that seem to me to not be offensive in anyway, or use any trigger words that flip Sighbot off, gets me, or others suspended from region for a day. One I am particularly interested in today is "Press F to pay respects." 3 days in a row I have been suspended, with 2 of those days to confirm if it was indeed the sentence that suspended me. I honestly can't make out why this is triggering a suspension as it is just a meme from Black Ops III. Is the automated kick system perhaps getting flagged from "press 'x' to pay for 'y', and think I am trying to scam someone but is not able to understand the context? What whacky phrases have you guys said that the kick system has just decided to cut you cold turkey?

I think you are spot on when it comes to how the kickbot works. It identifies certain phrases which has been alarming in the past and as soon as they add it to the filter, to bot kicks those who uses it.
Same as if you say "WTB" in Recruiting you will get banned, but just saying "I'm selling x" won't get you banned. It's the actual words that get's you banned, not the context of the message.

You used the word pay, therefore your sentence was 100% completely and utterly about a financial transaction. How dare you conduct such matters beyond the realm of the Trade chat, for such a heinous act we shall entirely remove your regional chatting privileges for the foreseeable future!

Such blatant disregard for the rules... I shake my head at you sir.

Just now, Corvid said:

At least get the game right...

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

At least get the game right...

Haven't played in a year or two, the franchise recycles the same cliches, it kinda blurs all together in distant memory. Honestly can't even remember which scene if what from the other

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You used the word pay, therefore your sentence was 100% completely and utterly about a financial transaction. How dare you conduct such matters beyond the realm of the Trade chat, for such a heinous act we shall entirely remove your regional chatting privileges for the foreseeable future!

Such blatant disregard for the rules... I shake my head at you sir.

So "pay" is the new trigger in region like "gay" was? You can say it freely now without getting a suspension. but even mentioning the word "pay" is grounds of suspension without warning?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

I think you are spot on when it comes to how the kickbot works. It identifies certain phrases which has been alarming in the past and as soon as they add it to the filter, to bot kicks those who uses it.
Same as if you say "WTB" in Recruiting you will get banned, but just saying "I'm selling x" won't get you banned. It's the actual words that get's you banned, not the context of the message.

Is there possibly a list released by DE on blacklisted words? I doubt there is, but without such info beforehand, it is quite unfair to suspend without warning on users that have freely used said blacklisted words until their addition

Edited by Reconsile

No idea. I have never had any problem with such stuff, I think most of the words are common sense. Rascist, sexist, homophobic and such. But in your case I don't know. Maybe it's something down the line of "Press F4" is a common "joke" to pull on people? I do agree that it's unfair, sometimes ignorance is at fault, not bad intents.
Maybe a list wouldn't be such a bad idea, but my guess is it would invoke a lot of useless debates about "well b**ch is just a word that's always been used yadadada *common privliege people whine*". 

1 minute ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

No idea. I have never had any problem with such stuff, I think most of the words are common sense. Rascist, sexist, homophobic and such. But in your case I don't know. Maybe it's something down the line of "Press F4" is a common "joke" to pull on people? I do agree that it's unfair, sometimes ignorance is at fault, not bad intents.
Maybe a list wouldn't be such a bad idea, but my guess is it would invoke a lot of useless debates about "well b**ch is just a word that's always been used yadadada *common privliege people whine*". 

Honestly I would take whining over being suspended from a global chat. There are times when region because intelligent and I have enjoyable conversations about various things and all round having a fun time, until a trigger word is used and sighbot dabs on my corpse. I am also one of the players that tries to actively help the newbie's in region chat while they get drowned by the flood of others. 

The point of being fair is that every one gets a chance, fair doesn't mean if i study hard to become a doctor, you get to become once for less work, it means you get to have the same chance of opportunities to do the classes and I did to also become a doctor. And with that meaning done, in all fairness, region does explicitly say no swearing. although they are lenient with that rule. Profanity filter does exist, but it doesn't mean we are allowed to use foul language nonstop. If DE one day does crack down on profanity, at least we got fair warning about it.

It would be nice a list of the words which are forbidden to use in any chat. There is obviously subjects what you can do in the different chats but a list on forum or in the rules would be nice then maybe the newcomers and the persons whom not know the rules exactly have a clear point what they can and cannot say. I personally never got kicked by bot I had only bad experiences in the trade chat and the traders whom instant ignore you before you can talk to them. Most of the times it happens when you asking for a price and 10-20 peson simoultaneous write to you and you cannot reply fast enough.

Maybe you misunderstood my post, because I'm an not disagreeing with you, just trying to find a reason behind the actions taken by DE.
But not much to continue if we agree, a list would be nice and depending on how they implement it, it would make different impact.

Edited by (PS4)ExetSM
I can't spell apparently

39 minutes ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

No idea. I have never had any problem with such stuff, I think most of the words are common sense. Rascist, sexist, homophobic and such. But in your case I don't know. 

I know my post was sarcastic, but I would have thought my point was obvious. He used the word pay, this is indicative of a transaction, something that is rescricted to trade chat. The exact same thing happens when you use the word 'host'. Regardless of the context its used in you get kicked because it's indicative of recruitment and is restricted to... well... recruiting.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

Maybe you misunderstood my post, because I'm an not disagreeing with you, just trying to find a reason behind the actions taken by DE.

That specific phrase has one reason to be banned:
Because not too long ago people used that meme and utterly flooded the region chat and relay chat channels with both that and just the letter "F" over and over and over again.  DE got tired of the F spam and added it to the auto-kickbots list to stop it from happening.

Basically beyond the standard things to kick for (racist, sexist, homophobic, etc) DE has added in a few things that has lead to massive spam in the past (such as riot and a handful of others).
No they don't have that list available for public viewing, which while it would be nice not many games have such lists.

Edited by Tsukinoki

43 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I know my post was sarcastic, but I would have thought my point was obvious. He used the word pay, this is indicative of a transaction, something that is rescricted to trade chat. The exact same thing happens when you use the word 'host'. Regardless of the context its used in you get kicked because it's indicative of recruitment and is restricted to... well... recruiting.

My post was directed at OP = )

27 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

That specific phrase has one reason to be banned:
Because not too long ago people used that meme and utterly flooded the region chat and relay chat channels with both that and just the letter "F" over and over and over again.  DE got tired of the F spam and added it to the auto-kickbots list to stop it from happening.

Basically beyond the standard things to kick for (racist, sexist, homophobic, etc) DE has added in a few things that has lead to massive spam in the past (such as riot and a handful of others).
No they don't have that list available for public viewing, which while it would be nice not many games have such lists.

Ah! There we go = ). Thank you.
And yes, that they add stuff later on, besides profanity and general depreciation, is what I addressed in my first post.

I agree, you deserve at least a warning and/or reason for what ever is the offense.

That being said, my last experience in region chat was an anti-women, racist slur and racist joke filled nightmare. The whole time another group, which kept growing, were engaging in some kind of creepy sex role play. I have found several knowledgeable tenno and will go to them for help for now on.