Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe Themes would you to see?

Neo3602

Personally I'd be interested in something that'd explore the notion of spirituality as is implied around the Orokin; Orokin as some kind of god emperors, the Void as some sort of fickle realm not unlike the fearful respect you'd associate with the oceans, with stars being a kind of positive invocation. Clearly there is something of a thread at work...and it'd stand to reason that the Orokin would exploit that with the Warframes in some form or other, even if they were originally a kind of Black Ops weapon. 

Though how it'd work, let alone the motifs, could prove...problematic.

Full disclosure of course: I am super interested in the notions of spirituality in general, which tends toward me exploring said notions within a game setting where evidence of it can be found. So yeah, definite bias at work here.

30 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Personally I'd be interested in something that'd explore the notion of spirituality as is implied around the Orokin; Orokin as some kind of god emperors, the Void as some sort of fickle realm not unlike the fearful respect you'd associate with the oceans, with stars being a kind of positive invocation. Clearly there is something of a thread at work...and it'd stand to reason that the Orokin would exploit that with the Warframes in some form or other, even if they were originally a kind of Black Ops weapon. 

Though how it'd work, let alone the motifs, could prove...problematic.

Full disclosure of course: I am super interested in the notions of spirituality in general, which tends toward me exploring said notions within a game setting where evidence of it can be found. So yeah, definite bias at work here.

We have a little of that with Harrow, but what kind of form would you like a frame that explores spirituality of the Orokin to take?

24 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

We have a little of that with Harrow, but what kind of form would you like a frame that explores spirituality of the Orokin to take?

Admittedly, I don't feel Harrow really has anything necessarily spiritual to him outside his aesthetic. It's general notions, than specific, Orokin Era connected kinds of piety if that makes sense?

What I'm thinking is something more directly, explicitly tied into such notions. Perhaps expressed in an animistic way. However I think the core would be that however it's invoked, it skirts that line between a welcome service by the blessed...and encroaching dread for those about to be judged, per being tied to a Warframe. A servant of the sacred which draws on elements that would be recognisable to those it pursued. Not just a weapon to kill...but to intimidate with the spectre of transgression should you oppose it.

That kind of duality of being either a symbol of hope or ruin, I guess.

If not making sense, apologies. Not sure how best to phrase it.

9 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Admittedly, I don't feel Harrow really has anything necessarily spiritual to him outside his aesthetic. It's general notions, than specific, Orokin Era connected kinds of piety if that makes sense?

What I'm thinking is something more directly, explicitly tied into such notions. Perhaps expressed in an animistic way. However I think the core would be that however it's invoked, it skirts that line between a welcome service by the blessed...and encroaching dread for those about to be judged, per being tied to a Warframe. A servant of the sacred which draws on elements that would be recognisable to those it pursued. Not just a weapon to kill...but to intimidate with the spectre of transgression should you oppose it.

That kind of duality of being either a symbol of hope or ruin, I guess.

If not making sense, apologies. Not sure how best to phrase it.

I see, so something kinda like equinox, but instead of Night and Day it would be Hope for the faithful and terror for those about to be judged?

In terms of design and aesthetic, I actually prefer the look of the older 'frames, for quite a simple reason.

They look like military hardware. Excalibur, Ember, Mag, Rhino, and their Primes, they all look like units which have been made, manufactured, which had design specifications. They look like monster-ninjas wearing power armour, and even their Primes look like those same monsters wearing prettier augments.

More and more, recent Warframes are hewing to odd and esoteric themes in their visuals, and I find it kind of off putting. Warframes are commandos, assassins, bodyguards, terror weapons. I could do without them looking like intricate, ornate superhero action figures.

Just now, Neo3602 said:

I see, so something kinda like equinox, but instead of Night and Day it would be Hope for the faithful and terror for those about to be judged?

Perhaps. Just question of which aspects and how it ties into a whole really.

One way or another, it'd be at home either performing some kind of sacrament, or on the battlefield showing the nature of judgement by it, as it were. After all...it's safe to suspect that the nature of Orokin and the sacred benefited some, and trapped others.

• A Monk-themed Warframe. Equivalents in-game being like the quick dive-in of Atlas' punch, quick-response shields like a paired-down version of Harrow's ult, and some sort of mechanic allowing him/her to support the team while fighting alongside them.
  • Another form-swapping Warframe a la Equinox, but with more polarized playstyles that set each other up. I made a concept a while back of a Hunter frame, who in humanoid form laid traps and set up marks on enemies, then could swap to a beastly form that benefited from those marks.

1 hour ago, Blakrana said:

Perhaps. Just question of which aspects and how it ties into a whole really.

One way or another, it'd be at home either performing some kind of sacrament, or on the battlefield showing the nature of judgement by it, as it were. After all...it's safe to suspect that the nature of Orokin and the sacred benefited some, and trapped others.

Sounds pretty interesting, the quest to get it would be a pretty good opportunity to explore the structure of the Orokin empire and how the Orokin maintained their place at the top of it.

8 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Sounds pretty interesting, the quest to get it would be a pretty good opportunity to explore the structure of the Orokin empire and how the Orokin maintained their place at the top of it.

Maybe. I still admit that I've just a strong bias for the broader thing and means to explore it where appropriate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/07/2017 at 2:10 PM, (Xbox One)Shining caliber said:

oh ya... umm how about calling it like Drink deep or someS#&$. Idk I just think it would be an interesting idea

well yeah but it would be the same principle as devour

Combustion frame, with compact hidden jets on the calves, arms, and the back. Focused on mobility and boosting your hits which has an atlas like combo counter and actual combo hits (not like rhino's charge which has the multiplier but no combo)

Reinforcement frame, able to tighten your atom gaps to reinforce the body's hardness and all to get an 2 or so second invinsibility phase that draws aggro but immobilizes you, mega punch a la doomfist/pokemon's literal mega punch, and probably moar.

Astronomic, you see mag's default helmet? Yeah, that's a really cool effect. Imagine a slick dark blue frame with "stars" here and there, with a thin floating gold scarf thing. Fck do i know about the powers~

Cosmos (Eldritch) frame. Sort of like the Celestial beings in Bloodborne. Has powers similar to them.

Can call down meteors, firing lasers, able to cast an aura around itself that can damage armour and a CC AOE that causes enemies to become inflicted with confusion permenantly until they die while also making them drop more materials.

It's passive would be that any confusion affects would last twice as long. 

The final ability and passive is a sort of nod to H.P Lovecraft in that Eldritch Truths/ Forms are unable to be comprehended by the human mind thus causing a descent into insanity.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

3 hours ago, Imniscor said:

6 arms warframe

A frame with Grineer design

A frame with Corpus design

We already have a frame with infested design (nidus)

I Grineer or Corpus themed warframe would be interesting.

Horror Frame. With almost all abilities focusing on a form of CC or support. Decreasing enemy accuracy, making them more likely to run away rather than attack (something like radiation), or paralyzing them.

A Frame that focuses on momentum.

I think a weapons master type frame would be a fun one to bring into the game. one where his ability change depending on the weapon types he has.

This is probably going to be a rather complicated frame idea sine the abilitys i have in mind invove him summoning  weapons that are unique to him and not anything in the market.

since this frame uses only weapons as his abilities power will not be a factor for anythhing but maybe his 4th ability where he demonstrates his mastery of all weapons.

lets say that with a fully arsenel you go in and you activate his 1st ability with a shotgun in hand, the weapon is then replaced by a shotgun that still uses the ammo pool just to be fair but has it own states and works with the mods from the equiped weapon the only warframe stats that affect it are duration and efficency so it runs on his energy pool and your weapons ammo pool. top it off this wepon can be toggled to be either a full auto shotgun or to be a pump action or break action so each ability can summon 3 different version of the weapon type you bring into the map.

his second ability will then do the same with whatever secondary you bring in and likewhise with the third including if a gunblade is brought in.

some might find this boring but i think it would be a fun idea.

lastly his fourth ability would be the cream of the crop, the duration for this would be fixed and this ability would be able to scale with warframe power strength and range, the warframe would let people know why he is a master of all weapons by summoning all his weapons for  10 maybe 12 seconds and use his link with the void to fire all weapon and send his melee flying about attacking all enemies in range while wielding his primary and secondary at the same time and auto switching to his melee for anything that gets within its range, and as he uses the primary and secondary the targets he shoots will be anything thats in the players screen, no reducing area just anything.

the fourth may kind of be a copy of mesa's 4th but i just came up with this on the spot soo i have noth though of a name for this frame type either only thing that pops into my mind at this time is Arsenal.

let me know what you think or if you think any abilities should operate differently

I want to see a possession warframe.

A frame that sends out "something"  Energy, magic, who knows what.  And that lets you control enemies as in.. personally take over. (nyx's mind control with you actually in control)

Maybe make it travel like Ivara's navigator arrow.  Pop it over into an enemy and poof, in control.

So cast it on a grineer heavy gunner. You are the heavy gunner (with a timer or channeled. Stronger enemies draining you faster to keep control. So no perma possessing the strongest mobs only. Sometimes go for the weaker ones to use them as disposable shields or stealth through a location since they cant detect you walking among them.

Maybe other skills that will buff the target. (so if you buff it, you then control it. You have a more powerful version.  Buff it, then ignore it.  You have a more powerful enemy)

Other skills can be priming it. So possess it. Walk into groups of unsuspecting enemies. Prime it for detonation and Boom, clear a room. (nova - ish skill)

and finally maybe some skill like convert. Where your possessed enemy converts other enemies to rebel and fight for you. (Nyx's chaos skill)

So yea, a bit of a stealth frame idea. We have some of those already but hey, I like stealth and we are still supposed to be ninjas XD

Kinda a solo ish frame too I supose. No point in you converting mobs and such, if team mates barge in and just shoot everything haha. But hey.