Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATED MODEL: Lutandra The Swappable Tenno Thompson Submachine Gun!

lightdragon64

Updated in order to incorporate a model that looks more original and less like a real life thompson submachine gun

TL6kKyh.gif

I have always personally wanted a Thompson sub machine gun weapon in warframe, however none exists. what am i supposed to do when my favorite gun isin't avaliable? well i guess the best thing i can do is come up with a concept eh?

Name of gun: Lutandra

-as the chicago typewriter is typically kept secret in a violin case I thought naming my concept after an instrument to be appropriate. A lute is a classical stringed instrument and I figured that it would go well with a classic gun, hence the name Lutandra.

How does this gun fit into the game?

• The stradavar is a gun that is heavily based off of the real life Lewis gun with heavy tenno modification, as a result I tried to modify the look of a typical Thompson to match as best as I can, the stratavar is also named after an instrument similar to the violin, a concept I also took to heart when creating this.

What is special about this gun?

• The gun has the ability to swap the model of its magazine, and front grip. It also has the ability to have it's stock removed.

• The gun can be equipped in either the primary or secondary slot, when equipped in the primary slot the gun has a stock, when equipped in the secondary slot it does not. When in the secondary slot the gun also has higher recoil but increased reload speed. Regardless of what slot it is equipped into it still uses primary mods (maybe it might conflict similar to how the same mod can't be equipped on a sentinel weapon but currently I'm leaning against that idea)

• When a magazine extension mod is equipped on the gun it swaps out the standard stick mag to a drum mag.

• When a stabilization mod is equipped on the gun the standard horizontal grip is swapped out for a vertical grip.

• Because the gun can be equipped in the secondary slot it essentially allows for somebody to bring 2 primary weapons into one mission.

Here is the gun Broken down with all the pieces completely off.

Zcit3yo.png

Here follows all the different possible variants you can get depending on what mods you have equipped and what slot the gun is equipped to.

VRgFVop.png

uYCYI5h.png

FReSNf1.png

hU4BaSK.png

QMWavvk.png

Dyq8xZQ.png

fGW0lad.png

3MGG4c0.png

How would the reload animation work with all these variants?

-The reload animation would be the same regardless attachments or whether it is equipped in the primary or secondary slot.

Here is an example of how the animation would look with the default in the primary slot

EJEe5ZX.gif

Stats:

Physical damage: 75 (maybe higher depending)

-Impact: 10

-Slash: 5

-Puncture: 60

Crit Chance: 15%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0

Status chance: 20%

Fire rate: 10 rounds/sec

Flight speed: Hit-scan

Reload time (in primary) 2.5s

Reload time (in secondary) 1.5s

Magazine size: 25 rounds/mag

Max Ammo: 500

WHEN EQUIPPED IN SECONDARY SLOT

-Primary mods are sill used (maybe conflict like a sentinel weapon but probably not in order to simplify things)

-Reload speed is increased

-Stability is reduced by 25%

-Accuracy is reduced by 25%

-Max ammo is increased to 700

(more changes to come)

Color scheme

P3d08Dd.png

Let me know what you think! And thanks for checking out my concept!

Leave a comment below!

Previous Model: (condenced into a gif)

Spoiler

aMVxfNd.gif

Edited by lightdragon64
updated model.

I actually really, really like this idea. Particularly the secondary/primary equip concept. One issue though: Would equipping it in the secondary slot allow the use of pistol mods? or would it simply be a primary with the downsides of a machine pistol, yet allowing players to take another primary in its place? Because that could cause issues with stats.

Looks a lot like a stradvar with the drum mag on the bottom and flipped vertically. Could almost be a paired secondary with the stradvar is it wasn't technically a primary. 

Other then that it's a pretty damn nice concept. Good work!

Edited by StinkyPygmy

4 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I actually really, really like this idea. Particularly the secondary/primary equip concept. One issue though: Would equipping it in the secondary slot allow the use of pistol mods? or would it simply be a primary with the downsides of a machine pistol, yet allowing players to take another primary in its place? Because that could cause issues with stats.

Other then that its a pretty damn nice concept. Good work!

i was thinking unless another system comes into play that allows for us to equip multiple primary weapons it would just act as a machine pistol and equip pistol mods. still trying to think of some ways to balance that as there are more multishot mods, damage mods, and such that try to get pistols to match (or outshine) primary weapons.

EDIT: Perhaps reducing accuracy as well as increasing recoil would help balance that aspect.

Edited by lightdragon64

10 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

i was thinking unless another system comes into play that allows for us to equip multiple primary weapons it would just act as a machine pistol and equip pistol mods. still trying to think of some ways to balance that as there are more multishot mods, damage mods, and such that try to get pistols to match (or outshine) primary weapons.

Hmmm thats the only major issue I see, simply just due to the rather large differences between pistol stats and their mod values when compared to primaries. That could make things a bit messy. The only solution I see as things are is to potentially have a separate set of stats for the secondary version? It could perhaps just be explained away as a reflection of the gun using lower caliber bullets to compensate for the lack of a stock etc and to reduce its weight?

I'm not suggesting a major change in stats mind you. We still want to actually give people a reason choose taking it as a secondary over a primary. If its significantly weaker then people will opt for taking it as a primary and picking another, better secondary or simply not take it at all unless they have a special love for it. Tis a bit of a conundrum to solve.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I really like the concept, but I don't really think the secondary/primary thing would work, I mean when you've got a vertical foregrip on a secondary and are holding it with two hands, Isn't that just a primary as far as gameplay is concerned?

I think having the visually modular design is already more than enough for a really cool weapon (I agree it does need some work designwise, It looks like a regular tommy gun with tenno decals on it atm.)

Edited by rapt0rman

15 minutes ago, D20 said:

It's looking too much like a real one IMO. Not enough fantasy. That artwork needs more thoughts in it. Be more audacious with the shape of the weapon. Try some fancy colors.

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I really like the concept, but I don't really think the secondary/primary thing would work, I mean when you've got a vertical foregrip on a secondary and are holding it with two hands, Isn't that just a primary as far as gameplay is concerned?

I think having the visually modular design is already more than enough for a really cool weapon (I agree it does need some work visually It looks like a regular tommy gun with tenno decals on it atm.)

yea, i was thinking that when i was 90% done with it, my art skills are limited so it would take me awhile but i might consider re-making it when i get back home, currently working off a horrible laptop and was keeping things simple and familiar for my own sake.

Edited by lightdragon64

This is a great idea. Honestly it's something that has potential in Warframe, because of things like the Dark Split Sword & the glaive/pistol dual wield. Probably my favorite part is that parts are added to the gun as mods are added. That's something I think should already be in-game in the form of suppressors when silencing mods are on.

The problems I see have already been mentioned in the comments so I won't bother mentioning them again, but still, I think it's a fantastic concept & would love to see it in-game.

4 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

This is a nightmare for the developers. And some players will not like cosmetic changes on weapons locked behind mods. Some people will like drum magazines but don't use mag extension mods.

And any skin made to this weapon would require 3x more work

Dosen't look that difficult to me. seems more like a matter of making all the different parts in the picture with the gun completely taken apart. and then just make the attachments change based on stats. (if magazine size is greater than 25 then drum mag model is used and stick mag model rendered invisible)

as for skins when looking at all the weapons in game only a few have skins... there is no requirement that this gun would even need a skin.

and as for mods Magazine warp is probably the most common mod in the game, and stabilizer isn't that hard to get a hold of.

and besides if push comes to shove it could be possible to change attachments like you can on melee weapons and warframes when customizing it. however i like the idea of having different attachments based on mods equipped more. (personally feel it should be that way for most guns in game when attaching a silencing, or zoom increacing mod to a weapon)

I like the new model, definately would fit the game better than the previous one. kinda looks like a cross between a braton with that top rail, a stradavar for that stock, and a latron for that flat grip...

overall looks cool!

Edited by LeoElectro

^Just now I got an IDEA of where this fit in the puzzle.

Spoiler

BECAUSE this some cool weapon, that not EVERYONE going to appreciate. And not everyone want DE to hassle time creating it (imagine all the animation and future fixes involve).

Weapon is EXCLUSIVE and only attainable through Steam Workshop?

Q: But WAIT a Minute! That is not COOL, we MR2X need more EXP!

A: Well yeah, just make these weapon series SKINS costing roughly around 5~15 buck depend on your currency. 

Note: Weapon will replace any weapon of the SAME class (say you want an Bazooka, it will replace every launcher.

TL;DR: IT SOUND like a HORRIBLE IDEA, but I just don't support copying what some games has done, because it get plain.

If you made it this far, then congrat! I would not MIND to see a Tenno weapon inspred SMG (I consider The Thompson and SMG).

I will disagree on the attachment and different look of weapon (even modding is hell as mentioned by Tennos, (as this Realism only fit so well in a complete FPS game, WF is not completely FPS, for some).

NOW, if this weapon was to be introduced, FIRE RATE, Big Magazine of 200 or Infinite Ammo (actually done right) would be an increasingly good step in this weapon's potential). 

Conclusion: I believe the current system of weapons is working, Upgrade Mods of weapons is stable (READ THIS: And Weapon look changes should be the last in the list(maybe when the game is around final). I would like to see it. Damage 3.0.

Look, I do not see the full picture, but :thumbsup: for your effort on this awesome Weapon inspiration Post. THANKS.

@lightdragon64 Please make up your mind already, you are asking the majority of Tenno Community + DE to agreeing to different weapon lay out depend on modding, that kind of a update where there is time and resources involved. Also forget about 500 max, you be needing 1,000 for a MInigun.

UPDATE: Exciting News! @lightdragon64 Afterwatching TENNOCON 2017! Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157639538

Your IDEAS! might be a possibility, you just need more supports, and DE to do this. Have Fun!

PS: DO NOT have another Cycron, the ideas was cool, but the stats was not. 

GoodDays!

Edited by DesFrSpace