Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imposters

No, not actual imposters but kinda the same thing. I was watching my dad play because I was bored and had nothing else to do and there was this Volt Prime. That's normal and everything, but then I noticed his colors. Black as a main body, Red as secondary or whatever, and blue as accents. Exactly the same as my color schemes! Well with minor variants depending on how the frame colors (i.e. one black versus 2 black slots). It was really weird to see my style copied. Yeah okay, he wasn't using the same weapons, or syandana but the point still stands.

You know, it's also kinda flattering to see someone use my colors (yes I realize it's not completely original but I've never seen anyone else with it other than me).

Kinda reminds me of what one dude said on the "Weirdest Player Interactions" topic where they had the same frame, colors, and whatnot.

that remind me of some guy yelling at me "yo retard, you copy my color dude, his color  isn't same color as mine his color is black with light yellow and mine is dark orange, how is dark color is same as light color?" in that case, you don't want tenno copy same color as you but have different color like go full pink? HELL NO!

or white with pink and green? HELL NO, black with red and green? HELL NO, yellow with red and green? HELL NO, pink with cyan and purple? HELL NO!

more color so on, DEAL WITH IT! TENNO! 

Just now, redeyedtreefrog said:

You know what happens if you meet your clone in warframe. You must conclave battle to the death, 1v1. And of course, your opponent will beat you, every time, because that's sort of how conclave works >:D

Nah mate, dojo battle. My Orthos Prime will not show mercy

1 minute ago, Devonlucky said:

that remind me of some guy yelling at me "yo retard, you copy my color dude, his color  isn't same color as mine his color is black with light yellow and mine is dark orange, how is dark color is same as light color?" in that case, you don't want tenno copy same color as you but have different color like go full pink? HELL NO!

or white with pink and green? HELL NO, black with red and green? HELL NO, yellow with red and green? HELL NO, pink with cyan and purple? HELL NO!

At first glance yellows and oranges can look very similar.

Also, depending on the shade and where the color is placed those colors you mentioned could look good

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

At first glance yellows and oranges can look very similar.

Also, depending on the shade and where the color is placed those colors you mentioned could look good

oh alright im okay then.... yay

There's no reason to feel flattered that one of the millions of registered players happened to use similar, or the same, colors as you. There's so little chance they were actually trying to imitate your looks that it's silly to even entertain the thought.

Just now, blackheartstar_pc said:

I've encountered this a few times. Even on some of my odder color schemes. With so may players and only so many colors many of which are close in appearance it's going to happen now and again.

But it was on the frame that started that trend too! It will happen now and again but it was almost identical if not completely identical to what I had before I got Classic Saturated

Just now, Chipputer said:

There's no reason to feel flattered that one of the millions of registered players happened to use similar, or the same, colors as you. There's so little chance they were actually trying to imitate your looks that it's silly to even entertain the thought.

But I might be a local celebrity and I don't even know about it. I've shown off my color schemes around the community and someone had to have seen them and said, "Hey, not bad, I might have to see what I can do with those colors." 

And even if they weren't imitating me, what are the chances of the same colors, same warframe that started the color scheme and same platform? There's 3 platforms, many color pallets, many warframes, syandanas, and whatnot. The chances of that happening are very small.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

But I might be a local celebrity and I don't even know about it. I've shown off my color schemes around the community and someone had to have seen them and said, "Hey, not bad, I might have to see what I can do with those colors." 

And even if they weren't imitating me, what are the chances of the same colors, same warframe that started the color scheme and same platform? There's 3 platforms, many color pallets, many warframes, syandanas, and whatnot. The chances of that happening are very small.

Very small, but not impossible, seeing as it just happened. But take a look at your stats, specifically your playtime and missions played. That's how long it took for it to happen.

Also, not to be rude. But red & black is one of the most common color schemes in the game. Adding blue into the mix isn't exactly a genius move.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

fashionframe is up for everyone's interpretation, but given that there's like 30 million of us losers - I mean Tenno - out there, you're BOUND to run into someone using a near-identical colour scheme to you, because they have the same aesthetic preferences as you. I run into this with my Ship colours all the time, though I still have yet to meet a Palatine Rhino as beautiful and golden as mine. there's no trademarking any colour scheme, but there are some common preferences, mostly the "Edgelord" Black and Red, and the primed white and Gold looks. this is because there are a lot of people with these aesthetic preferences, and they will feel a lot more secure in their choice seeing other people like it too.

someone I recently met has a thing for keeping her frames default, and without a Syandana... personally I find that weird in a game that has so many customization options, but to each their own. just wear whatever colours you think look best, you'll eventually find someone who likes the same Aesthetic as you, and might even comment on it.

4 hours ago, Devonlucky said:

it's kinda funny when someone does that. I mean it's black and yellow, not some obscure color nobody ever uses. Saying someone is copying him is absurd.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

No, not actual imposters but kinda the same thing. I was watching my dad play because I was bored and had nothing else to do and there was this Volt Prime. That's normal and everything, but then I noticed his colors. Black as a main body, Red as secondary or whatever, and blue as accents. Exactly the same as my color schemes! Well with minor variants depending on how the frame colors (i.e. one black versus 2 black slots). It was really weird to see my style copied. Yeah okay, he wasn't using the same weapons, or syandana but the point still stands.

You know, it's also kinda flattering to see someone use my colors (yes I realize it's not completely original but I've never seen anyone else with it other than me).

Kinda reminds me of what one dude said on the "Weirdest Player Interactions" topic where they had the same frame, colors, and whatnot.

Are you sure you aren't copying him though? After all children take after their parents and tend to share favorite color

9 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

fashionframe is up for everyone's interpretation, but given that there's like 30 million of us losers - I mean Tenno - out there, you're BOUND to run into someone using a near-identical colour scheme to you, because they have the same aesthetic preferences as you. I run into this with my Ship colours all the time, though I still have yet to meet a Palatine Rhino as beautiful and golden as mine. there's no trademarking any colour scheme, but there are some common preferences, mostly the "Edgelord" Black and Red, and the primed white and Gold looks. this is because there are a lot of people with these aesthetic preferences, and they will feel a lot more secure in their choice seeing other people like it too.

someone I recently met has a thing for keeping her frames default, and without a Syandana... personally I find that weird in a game that has so many customization options, but to each their own. just wear whatever colours you think look best, you'll eventually find someone who likes the same Aesthetic as you, and might even comment on it.

Actually, that's really true, but they can still change it around a little bit. Instead of blue accents how about red, and a blue secondary? It's not identical but similar.

Also, that person reminds me of Diniratcha. He has 3 commonly used syandanas and keeps frames default

Edited by (XB1)AntiCaesar
Stuff

7 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Are you sure you aren't copying him though? After all children take after their parents and tend to share favorite color

I think you misinterpreted what I said. It was a random person that I saw when my dad was playing. (Plus I kinda told him to play the game)

I've also been accused of copying other people's color schemes but I would just tell them, "It's a color scheme, you can't copyright that."  I usually use turquoises, purples, oranges, greens and such.  I absolutely despise red and black since thats the most common color combination ever- it doesn't make me feel unique when I do those colors.  But perhaps other people are just thinking like you :p

2 hours ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

I've also been accused of copying other people's color schemes but I would just tell them, "It's a color scheme, you can't copyright that."  I usually use turquoises, purples, oranges, greens and such.  I absolutely despise red and black since thats the most common color combination ever- it doesn't make me feel unique when I do those colors.  But perhaps other people are just thinking like you :p

Red and black together is stupid. It's the blue that makes it shine. If the accents were red it would look stupid on Mag (because I'm using her right now), but the blue brings it together

38 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

Red and black together is stupid. It's the blue that makes it shine. If the accents were red it would look stupid on Mag (because I'm using her right now), but the blue brings it together

YOU COPIED MY COLOUR SCHEME!!>:(         ;)