Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

9 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Sweet fecking hell!? Whose complaining!? I'm happy as could be! I was just about stop playing warframe before seeing Tennocon! No more seeing the same old fecking maps over an over again! I'm so happy right now! My eye bleed seeing the Grineer tiles being reused over and over! 

It surprised me too hence this thread because there are actual people who complained or who are full of negativity.

I'm cautiously excited.

Excited because, holy crap they actually did open world the absolute madmans. And weapon crafting. And sentients. AND FISHING.

But I hope it won't be just another one-time thing where DE tries something new, just on a bigger scale. 

And let's not forget performance issues because Iron Wake and the new Earth is already heavy enough for people. Now imagine the game trying to load a relay's worth of players, half of them possibly flying around in Archwing, the other forming a squad entirely dedicated to shoot birds. Yeah. I think, this'll be the first time where DE will have to straight up say "Upgrade your PC, people".

So, upon watching Tenno Live (apart from being wide-eyed and quite amazed) One thing came to mind... Will they optimize it to run on my Toaster? I know plenty of people in the community play on a toaster, they said they would optimize the Earth Remaster (and didn't) so I'm wondering, this is a big concern.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because they have an existing experience with archwing. If everyone hated skanas and the new gameplay video showed skanas being important, people are going to question the use of skanas. There is nothing wrong with that.

And there's a good chance it won't be optional for things like the Eidolons.

I have many existing experiences with Archwing. I have openly loved it and openly hated it when things got messed up with the movement until they addressed it. I am sure based on the conversation at Tennocon and what was shown on the video we will have options and not be forced into anything as such.

One wonders if the towers are transgenic organisms custom bred for the purpose. . . or if they are post-human masses where the Orokin uploaded themselves to hide until the Sentient invasion ended or the Tenno stopped slaughtering.

Considering folks now eat the stuff. . . ya think it's strong enough to resist digestion? What if it starts living as a parisite, perhaps even a symbiote? Even more disturbing, what if an Orokin ruler wakes up one day to find that they are sitting in the body of a 68 year-old man and he has all the power that Iro once offered him? So many doomsday scenarios, so little time. . .

I for one am happy about this new development.  I virtually gave up on this game.  The only thing that kept me interested was the fact that i still collect Primed Warframes, and i wanted a primed version of all the originals.  If not for that, I would have hung up Warframe for a year at least.  Now we are getting an open-world aspect, something people and myself have suggested for years.

Archwing.  I never  liked it much, always tried to get into it.  I'm darn good at it too, but...  when the environment began to spin during gameplay, i gave up on it completely.  i think this will give Archwing more purpose in the game, granting me a reason to use it. For now, i constantly avoid playing archwing missions.  My only hope with this new development is that there will be enemies worth the challenge of using archwing.  In other words, i want there to be really tough enemies available to make up for the addition of Archwing, otherwise it will just be too darn easy to play this aspect of the game.

Open-world, from what i saw on the video, seems to bring more life to the realm of Warframe.  More immersion, more lore, more things to experience and do.  It's what we all wanted.  Warframe has gotten quite boring over the years.  It has been time to make the game broader.  I am willing to give this a chance and see what DE has to offer, so there are no complaints from me.  I rather play it first before making any judgement.

Edited by VampirePirate

Just now, TotallyLagging said:

They probably won't. I can't imagine a world of that size being optimized when Iron Wake is running at 10 fps.

As a fellow toaster user I think it's about time we start saving up and upgrade...

If only money was readily available.

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

Oh wow I never thought of that! And Steve even went out of his way to point out that the features in the background were part of the map, not skybox or terrain, so we'll get enemies rendered super far away (if I understand that correctly) that we can snipe!

I wonder if killing the Grineer camp stealthily with a sniper would still cause them to send reinforcements....

We shall see >:)

10 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Also, "some parts are cool and it's a free to play game" is not a reason to completely ignore any concern regarding archwing gameplay. Most people dislike archwing, so obviously seeing it in this new area is going to raise some concerns.

Honestly, I don't really see any reason to be concerned unless it turns out that archwing is necessary for certain gameplay elements. It's entirely possible that we may end up needing archwing to fight the new sentient enemies or complete some other tasks that haven't been shown off yet. But based on what little we saw in that gameplay demo, archwing appears to be little more than a fancy mount. Hard to say for sure one way or the other this early on.

I'll be happy with it, for a few hours, maybe days. Then I'll quit again for some time till the next frame gets released.

I was hyped, extremely hyped when I saw that AW part... then I realized how it's most likely going to turn out and gone was the hype.

11 minutes ago, MVReed said:

If only money was readily available.

Ey, I get that. I've been stuck with a $400 laptop for far too long. But in the end they can't always cater to us forever.

And we won't see the update for at least another year. 

Edited by TotallyLagging

Just now, TotallyLagging said:

Ey, I get that. I've been stuck with a $400 laptop for far too long. But in the end they can't always cater to us forever.

And we won't see the update for at least another year. 

Nope, it's coming this year, it said 2017

3 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

I'll be happy with it, for a few hours, maybe days. Then I'll quit again for some time till the next frame gets released.

I was hyped, extremely hyped when I saw that AW part... then I realized how it's most likely going to turn out and gone was the hype.

Don't use it then.

As for me i'm still excited to see how this turns out, seems promising, but i'll keep my opinions for now.

Personally I can't wait for this update. My problem with archwing was that it was too difficult to maneuver in the tiny hallways and arching maps were confusingly laid out. In my opinion open world archwing fixes archwing. Throw in the NPC town and segmented weapon crafting and you have an amazing update.

2 minutes ago, Lokime said:

Don't use it then.

Why? I said I'll have fun with the new stuff for a short time, I just don't think it will completely change the game... like everyone seems to believe.

42 minutes ago, DzeraDragonbane said:

I don't get what's wrong with people who keep complaining "it's gonna suck because DE" "There' archwing in it"

Like calm the fck down, you do remember this is a free-to-play game with something that big being implemented?

While yes, it's not a valid reason for it to suck or anything but the fact that I can go to grineer encampments and wreck them while I'm on my archwing sounds cool.

Then there's the crafting system. Nice but I wonder if they would still release weapons after that. I guess the new weapons can be gained in the linear mission types while parts for weapons  can be gained in the Plains of Eidolon.

But then again, it's the forums which has salt that beats the real life universe' expansion rate.

Until there is more info the announcement is a big step forward for Warframe.

How will it actually Play out ? No Idea.

I'm excited for the update. I'm also glad they incorporated archwing into more than just separate archwing missions.  And using the archwing in the plains of Eidolon is completely optional.  Sure you can move around a bit faster and use the force and movement of the archwing to aid you in battle but you don't have to if you don't want to.  I'll definitely use it though to traverse and explore the vast landscape- and it will be easier to navigate with the archwing as well.  No more having to move that thing through tiny holes and hallways, bumping senselessly into everything.  It kind of reminds me of Breath of the Wild- you have lots of ways and options to kill your enemies and to explore.  There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

As far as I'm aware, they've done a great job of optimizing the game. They did a lot of stream-loading typa stuff to reduce resource load of multiple tiles in a map and such. I'd say there's a chance lol

Just now, Torhque said:

As far as I'm aware, they've done a great job of optimizing the game. They did a lot of stream-loading typa stuff to reduce resource load of multiple tiles in a map and such. I'd say there's a chance lol

I get around ~10 fps on earth now. It's not optimized at all. Around 20-30 fps on normal missions

O ye legions of raptured slaves!

O thou harlots of material lust!

O sanguine beasts of flesh and death!

Heed my herald, and flee from your fates! 

No man, monster nor machine may withstand the righteous edge!

This blade of legacy, a slayer of gods!

This great fachion of destiny, known to tremulous mortals as the...

4o9FL5y.jpg