Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So um....Ballas has officially been welcomed into my nightmares.

TheGodofWiFi

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

Eh, I don't really think he looks Lovecraftian. More H. R. Giger IMO. If he looked something like Ebritias Daughter of the Cosmos then yes it would be Lovecraft.

Ah, a man of culture I see.

He looks a bit more Pthumerian than anything, now that I think about it. A purple Pthumerian. With arms for dongs.

2 minutes ago, 4628Gin-san said:

Ah, a man of culture I see.

He looks a bit more Pthumerian than anything, now that I think about it. A purple Pthumerian. With arms for dongs.

The Pthumerians are completely pale skinned though. Ballas is like a Pthumerian seen through the negative filter.

Just now, Nazrethim said:

ADMIRE IT'S BEAUTY!

k4FJEW.jpg

j8L355b.png

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Lol from bloodborn right? 

Ebritias? Yes she is.

Just now, 4628Gin-san said:

Btw, a bit out of topic here, but where do you talk about Warframe lore? I haven't come across any dedicated categories thus far. I posted this question as a topic in Extras, but no answers so far, so might as well ask here I thought.

You can talk about it on General Discussion. That's the main place people discuss lore/get into fights.

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

You can talk about it on General Discussion. That's the main place people discuss lore/get into fights.

In General Discussions? Odd, it doesn't seem to follow the guidelines to talk about lore there. Thanks for the pointers.

1 minute ago, 4628Gin-san said:

In General Discussions? Odd, it doesn't seem to follow the guidelines to talk about lore there. Thanks for the pointers.

Lore is always discussed in GD, at least for me. I've never discussed it anywhere else apart from Reddit personally. The guidelines don't say it isn't allowed.

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

In the new umbra video you can hear what clearly sounds like a life support system, so I'd say it's quite likely. 

Actually that's an interesting point. I didn't associate that life support system with Ballas at all for some reason.

Does that mean he's turned Vader on us?

3 minutes ago, 4628Gin-san said:

Actually that's an interesting point. I didn't associate that life support system with Ballas at all for some reason.

Does that mean he's turned Vader on us?

If he does, I hope he never takes off his helmet I don't want to look at him. 

20 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

In the new umbra video you can hear what clearly sounds like a life support system, so I'd say it's quite likely. 

My impression was that was from the pod, not the narrator, who has always been removed from the scene at hand.

This seems to be concept art, and it might be more for psychological background than anything else. Until we're presented with something in the game or presented as absolutely going into the game, I'd regard this as merely interesting and not canon.

4 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

My impression was that was from the pod, not the narrator, who has always been removed from the scene at hand.

This seems to be concept art, and it might be more for psychological background than anything else. Until we're presented with something in the game or presented as absolutely going into the game, I'd regard this as merely interesting and not canon.

It might be the "dad" character from the War Within quest for all we know. At least that terrifying face would fit the disturbing voice.

Just now, 4628Gin-san said:

It might be the "dad" character from the War Within quest for all we know. At least that terrifying face would fit the disturbing voice.

The Man-in-the-Wall? Could be.

It's just a picture. I wouldn't attribute too much to it taken out of context. Is it interesting? Oh, yes. Do we have a clue where it fits into things? Not really.