Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone recap everything since update 13 for a returning player?

rotimix3

I'm just hopping back into warframe since U13 and I was wondering what I should know and what I should grind for coming back in. Can someone tell me everything important like what weapons are the best and what the new warframe metas are.

3 minutes ago, Magnar21 said:

What to grind for: Whatever interests you.

What's the best? Whatever you have a riven for and enjoy.

Warframe meta? Whatever you like playing.

Can someone give me an answer that is helpful please? I know what warframe is, and I know how to play a game how I want to. this thread was asking players what has changed and what is currently the most popular way to play the game and what i should invest time in since I haven't played in almost 2-3 years but I guess you didn't have enough brain cells to comprehend that. 

8 minutes ago, Emolition said:

Anything oberon  =)

What happened to Oberon? How strong is he now? what can he do?

3 minutes ago, rotimix3 said:

Can someone give me an answer that is helpful please? I know what warframe is, and I know how to play a game how I want to. this thread was asking players what has changed and what is currently the most popular way to play the game and what i should invest time in since I haven't played in almost 2-3 years but I guess you didn't have enough brain cells to comprehend that. 

He's essentially god now. DE decided that since the entire community was complaining about him, that they would buff him to the point that nerfing him would do absolutely nothing. Almost every single squad is full of Oberons, but on occasion there will be a lone Hydroid, because he's just as strong if not stronger. 

Just now, DarkOmegaGamer said:

He's essentially god now. DE decided that since the entire community was complaining about him, that they would buff him to the point that nerfing him would do absolutely nothing. Almost every single squad is full of Oberons, but on occasion there will be a lone Hydroid, because he's just as strong if not stronger. 

How?

5 minutes ago, rotimix3 said:

How?

I'm pulling your leg.

This post helps. It does not contain what's been added in the past year, and isn't detailed, but should shed light on things.

This right here will show you where more detailed information lies.

And if you're interested in what's in store for Warframe's future that is public information, TCN can help.

Edited by DarkOmegaGamer

Just now, rotimix3 said:

He got change to him and he my main frame now as I like support build I got going.

But basicly with the build I got I give 130 health a second with 649 armor to everyone.  More if I get buffed by othere players my record with relic buff is 1500 armor.

Allso his holy ground got nice effect  regular oberon got grass and oberon prime got a fern or something.

It has it downsides tho of requiring alot of energy to maintain it so if  enemies can't hit you enough for rage to give you energy it can be hard to maintain for full time.

Allso necro summoner is his mortal enemy with that build as his pets drain the energy fast.

And for some sortie I go with diffrent set up with long duration and range instead for holy ground immunity to procs so the slash procs don't one shot defense target or team members. With this build he can allso be used abit for CC with his number 4 that  I don't use during the buff build as with the toggle you cant regain energy from othere then energy orbs and rage so to expensive to cast for 150+ energy.

2 minutes ago, rotimix3 said:

Well, a lot of things have changed since update 13, so listing them one by one is too much for just one post, but here are some of the big ones (I think):

- Star Chart 3.0: As you can see, your navigation has changed. Line of progression has been made more clear. There are also "Junctions", small gates with challenges needed to unlock them. I suggest clearing those as your first priority.

- Second Dream and War Within Quest: The two biggest game changer quest to date. Would recommend clearing these fast, but you should be doing it anyway when you complete the Junctions.

- New Frames: Do I really need to elaborate on this? You can see what Warframes you've never seen before in the market.

Meta gameplay have shifted left and right lately, since DE made some balancing on a lot of weapons. Tonkor and Synoid Simulor was the meta weapons before, but recent balance pass do away with that.

9 minutes ago, rotimix3 said:

A lot of things. His Renewal is now a constant high-rate healing provided you have the energy, Reckoning can strip armor permanently, and Hallowed Ground has been made larger and able to give Radiation Proc.

21 minutes ago, rotimix3 said:

How?

Spoiler

So, I think 13 was even before Excal's rework. 

Super Jump gone, Exalted blade (melee that shoots energy waves) 4th ability. 

Limbo rework. He can stop time on anything inside his Rift. 

Volt Rework. Minor changes all around. Not really much better. 

Mag Rework

Simulor Nerf. 

Tonkor Nerf. 

Oberon rework. Reckoning is a AoE range, but thus infinite afterwards. Channeled. Reckoning strips % of armor. Smite does % of health damage. Hallowed Ground is circular radius. 

Play Second Dream. Lore. 

Play The War Within. Lore. 

Companions: Kubrow, Kavat, infected dog. 

Low end weapons buff, like Panthera, made to be viable. 

Raids, not sure if those were there U13. LoR and JV. Look them up, barely worth running anyway. Like four arcanes that matter. 

Bunch of exclusive mods you missed, but a lot added to Spy Missions. Spy 2.0 and Sabotage 2.0 are a thing. 

New Resource: Nitain. 

New melee + secondary system: Single handed pistols and melees (like Glaive) are usable at the same time. Can't speak personal experience, ain't on my console yet. 

New frames: Octavia(Bard frame) does music based powers, is annoying but effective, Nidus(infested) infested based powers that scales well and is nigh invincible, Harrow(crit) frame does crit well for team and replenishes energy.

Daily Login rewards weapons. Melee: Zenistar. Primary: Zenith. Secondary: Azima.

"red" crits are now orange, and above 200% is a thing now and will appear red if you achieve them. It increases, but has diminishing returns. Please check wiki for math. 

New Sentinel: Taxon, for starters. 

That's basically all the substantial stuff I can think of. I think we had Parkour 2.0 while Hydroid came out. 

Also syndicate exclusive weapons. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

2 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

So, I think 13 was even before Excal's rework. 

Super Jump gone, Exalted blade (melee that shoots energy waves) 4th ability. 

Limbo rework. He can stop time on anything inside his Rift. 

Volt Rework. Minor changes all around. Not really much better. 

Mag Rework

Simulor Nerf. 

Tonkor Nerf. 

Oberon rework. Reckoning is a AoE range, but thus infinite afterwards. Channeled. Reckoning strips % of armor. Smite does % of health damage. Hallowed Ground is circular radius. 

Play Second Dream. Lore. 

Play The War Within. Lore. 

Companions: Kubrow, Kavat, infected dog. 

Low end weapons buff, like Panthera, made to be viable. 

Raids, not sure if those were there U13. LoR and JV. Look them up, barely worth running anyway. Like four arcanes that matter. 

Bunch of exclusive mods you missed, but a lot added to Spy Missions. Spy 2.0 and Sabotage 2.0 are a thing. 

New Resource: Nitain. 

New melee + secondary system: Single handed pistols and melees (like Glaive) are usable at the same time. Can't speak personal experience, ain't on my console yet. 

New frames: Octavia(Bard frame) does music based powers, is annoying but effective, Nidus(infested) infested based powers that scales well and is nigh invincible, Harrow(crit) frame does crit well for team and replenishes energy.

Daily Login rewards weapons. Melee: Zenistar. Primary: Zenith. Secondary: Azima.

"red" crits are now orange, and above 200% is a thing now and will appear red if you achieve them. It increases, but has diminishing returns. Please check wiki for math. 

New Sentinel: Taxon, for starters. 

That's basically all the substantial stuff I can think of. I think we had Parkour 2.0 while Hydroid came out. 

Also syndicate exclusive weapons. 

18 minutes ago, DarkOmegaGamer said:

34 minutes ago, Emolition said:

Anything oberon  =)

What about weapons? Which weapon is king now?

5 minutes ago, rotimix3 said:

Mainly Shotguns. 

1 shot stuff? Tigris Prime. 

Endgame? Zarr (War Within Weapon), Sobek, or Hek. 

Melee? Orthos Prime, Atterax, Nikana Prime, Galatine Prime are all top tier. 

39 minutes ago, rotimix3 said:

Can someone give me an answer that is helpful please?

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/79-blog-podcast/ Remote observers in that forum summarize this past year.  For anything before that, you'd be better off reading the update notes https://forums.warframe.com/forum/3-pc-update-build-notes/ for yourself.  The big stuff is usually at the top of each thread.

Or just jump right in and experience the new stuff first hand.  There are probably over a dozen or more new frames, twice as many new weapons, a lot of UI changes (I'm guessing, I started playing near U17).

Asking someone to provide some sort of general overview of EVERYTHING since U13 is putting an awful lot of expectation on such a person who took the task.  A bit more effort on your part to discover everything you've missed then coming on forums to ask more directed questions would be far more effective for both parties.

Also new mods for melee, most for status

-Status dur on chanelling

-Speed buff on channel kill

-Taunt enemies to attack you when blocking

-Gain 1 combo whenever slash proc deal damage

-60% weapon dmg per status on enemy

-6 health on hit by enemy affected by status

-combo duration increased

Conditional mods

-+crit while aiming on headshot

-crit damage while aiming on kill

-status chance after cast

-firerate on aiming after reload

-% to be crit on slide attack

-450 armor shard for 3s after picking health orb

-50% power str on next cast after picking energy orb

Few new game modes, tilesets

-Moon, underwater lab, kuva fortress

-Infested salvage, defection, kuva siphon (kind a gamemode, more like mutator)

Riven mods

-Mods to specific weapon with randomizable stats that can be rerolled

2 hours ago, rotimix3 said:

If you want true high damage, i think Tigris Prime is a go, that thing is a beast, will carry you with ease to the end game (shotgun, duplex auto that means only 2 shots, reload, 2 shots)

For secondary weapons, this is my opinion tho: Akstiletto prime, put 2 forma on this, you don't even need primed mods, one of the best secondaries in the game.

Melee: As far as i can remember, atterax was always in the meta, together with something from the Second Dream quest that i wont spoil here you can basically go sliding and kill everthing like if you were loki, even if you are not loki.

I don't use the atterax, but my go to end game melee is either Nikana Prime or Galatine Prime, Nikana prime is mastery rank 0 (better than the dragon nikana which is MR8 lol) good dps, good status and crit chance, perfect for a crit + combo multiplier build(Blood Rush + Drifting contact = basically every crit melee is god tier), same for galatine prime, awesome dps, currently the best heavy blade in the game i think, but it is MR 13 locked.

Keep in mind that these are just some weapons, there are a lot of viable weapons for end game, and with the addition of riven mods, even some weaker weapons can be really op or way better than before.

Or if you dont mind, just pick a 100% status weapon, use harrow and make everything op with tons of crit

Edited by ArielTkx

On 7/11/2017 at 10:39 PM, rotimix3 said:

Your insults are as nonconstructive as you claim my post was.

Oberon is different, but each frame is strong in it's own way. (Not hydroid. Hydroid can go sit in my mountain of control modules. He's only good for farming, and nekros does it better, imo). My post was completely serious, and this threat verifies that. Meta changes from patch to patch, but in general, each warframe is good for what it's good at, and for every warframe someone claims is terrible, someone has a build that can make it excel... at the content it's built for.

As for weapons, you can check the wiki for weapon dispositions (under Rivens) to see what players are playing most. No need to ask for recommendations. Again, whatever weapon you have a riven for will be insanely strong with a roll that complements that weapon, or covers a weakness. Outside of that, bows, snipers (if you like them), Sybaris, virtually everything released in the past 6 months, all are decent at something, and worth trying out.

I wasn't being difficult when i said play what you want, just honest and more helpful than you gave me credit for.

Well to recap most important things past U13.

The warframes released: Mirage, Limbo, Mesa, Chroma, Equinox, Atlas, Wukong, Ivara, Nezha, Inaros, Titania, Nidus, Octavia, and Harrow.

The Prime warframes released: Nyx, Nova, Volt, Ash, Trinity, Saryn, Vauban, Nekros, Valkyr, Banshee and Oberon. 

Many weapons have been introduced into the game. 

Void keys have been changed into relics offering players a new way to obtain primed gear

Syndicates: Factions that you can align yourself with to earn various rewards, has its own progression system. 

Relays are hub areas for fellow Tenno to socialize alongside the void trader who appears every 2 weeks. Relays also allow players to trade in syndicate medallions found in syndicate missions. 

Archwing: A game mode for Tenno to pilot space craft called archwings and do combat in space 

Raids: The Law of Retribution and the Jordas Verdict are long missions where players can form a party of up to 8 to attempt a fun challenge. 

Star Chart 3.0: The star chart was changed again and was made to show a better sense of progression. 

Cinematic quests: 2 cinematic quests The Second Dream and The War Within allow a Tenno to delve further into the lore in Warframe's universe. 

Parkour 2.0: Parkour has been changed giving players more movement around various terrain. 

Melee 3.0: The melee system was slightly changed giving players a charged attack and a light attack alongside the stance combo's 

Clan Solar Rail battles have been shut down until a better system has been created for them. 

Added new pets for Tenno to use. These include the Kavats, Helminth charger, Taxon and the Chesa Kubrow. 

Market place overhaul: The market was changed with a different overlay and allows players to search for items in the market and be suggested similar items

This is most of the significant additions and/or changes since U13.