Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kingpin system shelved?

paul5473

Question

So with the reveal of plains of eidolon will the make clans great again happen in 2017?

I was really hyped over the whole clan overhaul with the kingpin system and having a target you have to go after. But it seems that clans again are being neglected and shelved again for another year or two.

18 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Aveu said:

Answer is most likely. DE is still a small team and I can't blame them for prioritizing PoE, this game needed a fresh breath of life. 

Yeah its true but showing the kingpin system in a some what usable state then just abandon it is a shame. I could be wrong they could come back and it could come with this update and surprise everyone. I just dont get why showing it off and saying this year was about "making clans great again" then just abandoning them which is a shame.

The kingpin system never really interested my anyway.

DE has stated that Plains of Eidolon should be released sometime between mid August and early October if everything goes according to plan, so it shouldn't be terribly long before DE gets back to work on kingpin.

Just because DE is working on Plains of Eidolon doesn't mean they will desert the kingpin system all together.

Edited by Duckboy3825

I remember mr stevie saying he was hoping for it to be released around april, now most likely it shall be a couple years or more considering we have been told alot of things are coming but hardly any have come. Still waiting for shield gating, custom mission types etc

I think it was less "shelved" and more "switched into second place". It's better confirmed then some features mentioned in passing, so I d. . . . wait. . . what if Kingpin might be a part of Eid?

Shelved =/= Scrapped

Since we've had a few quests tying clans and syndicates together this year, I doubt the kingpin system has been abandoned. I'm sure we will see it in the future, but it has obviously been overshadowed by Plains of Eidolon.

13 minutes ago, paul5473 said:

Yeah its true but showing the kingpin system in a some what usable state then just abandon it is a shame. I could be wrong they could come back and it could come with this update and surprise everyone. I just dont get why showing it off and saying this year was about "making clans great again" then just abandoning them which is a shame.

Pssst, last year was the year of cinematic quests, plural, guess how much we got? One. Lesson, don't put too much weight on such ambitious ''this is the year of x'' claims.

Just now, Bibliothekar said:

Come again? DE has "over 200" employees (according to their own website). That's definitely not small any more.

But how many of those are dedicated solely to warframe and not the upcoming Keystone? Most of those employees probably don't even fill programming roles. 

15 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Come again? DE has "over 200" employees (according to their own website). That's definitely not small any more.

Yes, but how many of those "over 200" are coders, engineers, and programmers?

Every company needs janitors, public relations, human resources, executives, lawyers, artists, etc.

And even then, how many of DE's coders, engineers, and programmers are working on other games besides Warframe?

Anyways, the kingpin system.  Hopefully it's only moved down the WIP in priority and isn't scrapped all together like the sortie token system.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Yes, but how many of those "over 200" are coders, engineers, and programmers?

Why didn't you include artists (level, character, sound ...) in that?

On 13.7.2017 at 11:11 PM, Aveu said:

But how many of those are dedicated solely to warframe and not the upcoming Keystone?

I'm pretty sure they have more people working on Warframe than Keystone. Partly because I played the beta a bit and it feels so much like the very first version of Conclave, it makes you wonder if they just took that code and put some new assets over it.

18 hours ago, BetaNoire said:

They're not Blizzard Entertainment.

Never claimed that, did I. I just said that a company with over 200 employees is way past "small".

I guess the kingpin thing just go out of their lore or whatever their game is supposed to be. Maybe it will come back later

For now I think PoE suits warframe more an it brings warframe towards a new direction.

why not you jsut let them do what their best at.

rather than spend so much time doing things that nobody bother to do / use

eg. conclave, lunaro

let them do more story more pve.

the more new things to do the more crazy bugs will be born.

in this update alone they can somehow screw up few things they dont touch

( look at silmaris , 3 updates to fix things they dont touch which gone bad )

On 13/07/2017 at 9:49 PM, Aveu said:

Answer is most likely. DE is still a small team and I can't blame them for prioritizing PoE, this game needed a fresh breath of life. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the kingpin system has 'quests' on PoE....

To the OP, if you worry over when something is due to turn up in warframe you'll just get stressed, just look at the delay tww had.  Best way is just to be like, it will get here when it gets here and then when does get here hope it lives up to the initial hype that was generated and doesn't end up feeling like a let down like tww did for some of us.