Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pistol rivens still more common than any other why?

Xekrin

Either I am very 'lucky', getting the 'rarer' riven drops or pistol rivens are still the most common of the riven drops in Sorties.  I've only missed a couple days of Sorties since Melee riven release and I've only gotten 3 rivens in that time.

All 3 were pistol mods.

Frustrating.

Why?

That's RNG on your side.  We all have different experiences in sortie rewards. From one end you'll hear people getting Ayatan sculpture 7 days in a row and on the other end others getting only Riven, legendary core and potatoes in those 7 days. 

I got over 50 Rivens myself, many of them were duplicates or for terrible weapons. Took me a lot of effort to trade them for something else. That is one thing people begging for RIvens overlook: rivens for weapons you don't use/want exist. You might get them so many times you're going to want to stop getting rivens. I know I am, now that melee rivens are out. I haven't gotten one and I don't want one. The Riven pool is now so diluted I will always have a high chance of getting duplicates and will-never-use weapon rivens. 

2 hours ago, MystMan said:

That is one thing people begging for RIvens overlook: rivens for weapons you don't use/want exist.

All too aware, my pistol rivens typically consisted of viper, lato, kunai and gremlins.  I do use more than a few secondary weapons that few others would bother with so I have some that would never sell but I enjoy myself.  I would just like a chance at melee rivens too as with secondaries I tend to use weapons few others consider worthwhile.

3 hours ago, MystMan said:

e all have different experiences in sortie rewards. From one end you'll hear people getting Ayatan sculpture 7 days in a row and on the other end others getting only Riven, legendary core and potatoes in those 7 days. 

I know its all RNG and everyone has their own experiences with it but it still feels like pistols are a bit higher and if that is the case no one will even notice because everyone will always respond with "yup RNG!" instead of reporting it and possibly uncovering a mistaken value.

When pistol rivens were introduced, rifle riven chance was drastically reduced and became the 'rare' riven, the same should have happened for melee.  It just seems odd to me that RNG aside, I get exactly pistol each time i hit the riven pool.  It probably is just RNG but its bothersome enough to me that I wanted to put it out there and see what others are experiencing.