Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Hotfix 21.1.1

[DE]Megan

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed Mesa’s Peacemaker not acquiring new targets if it fails to find a target within a short period of time after firing.

This is still not back at 100% I still cast while looking directly at an enemy or group of enemies and no matter how much I click I don't get any shots from peacemaker. It is working better than the day before though.

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Battalyst and Conculyst Sentient weapons will now disappear after a minute as opposed to lingering on the ground indefinitely. 

Good start, but Battalyst attacks are still stupidly OP

Also there seems to be a problem with the forums right now? Every time I go to the home page it says I'm not logged in, but when I try to log in or go to any topic it says I'm still signed in.

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Then I have to ask, why is the link provided posted in general feedback?  We have a whole sub-forum dedicated to bugs.  Also, granted I only read the OP of the post, it sounds like its technically working as intended, though I haven't used it in ages so that's just a guess.

If the way the mod works has changed, yes that's a bug if it wasn't intentionally in the patch notes.  So it should be reported as one, maybe it was already though, I didn't look.  

Anway, there are 5+ pages worth of responses, of which I read none, so I don't know the tone of the overall thread, but I really feel like DE is likely aware of the issue by now.

No where did I say such a thing and I find it disconcerting that you'd misinterpret my words so severely.  Let me attempt to clarify.  I see a lot of threads about a particular topic (let's go with JV bugs), and NOTHING is given as an official response, for weeks (as is the case now with JV I believe, and also quickthinking).

Then I read patch notes some random wednesday and see "FIXED - so and so JV something or other" in the patch notes.

We had no idea, due to total lack of response from DE for weeks prior that they were even looking into the problem, so people will continue to post about it in desperation in every single thread that a DE staff member replies to or makes a thread on, even if the topic of the DE response has nothing to do with the problem being paraded around.

>DE response to random thread - Wow, great artwork!

>RandomPlayer (seeing a notify DE replied somewhere) - Hey DE person, since you said great artwork, can you please FIX so-and-so bug?!  

After which, seeing there is no response from DE, they repeat the process any time they see a reply or post from someone in DE.

But yeah, changes that were intentional, whether nerf or buff or otherwise, should always be in patch notes.  I did not mean to indicate otherwise.  

I only mentioned it possibly being a balancing issue as a cause or reason of it not yet being fixed.  DE is likely still in the process of determining the best course of action for an alternate solution.  Not that changes made for balancing reasons shouldn't be in patch notes.

Well you feel like DE is well aware of certain problems, but we don't really know now do we? Still a good measure to remind them. Considering that moderators sometimes answer in these hotfix treads that they are aware of the problem and trying to fix it, if ppl signal a problem several times and after weeks there is no fix or any answer they will remind DE again. I see no problem with that and do not see any harm in it.

I didn't know that you did not read the thread (or other ones about the same problem) at the time but I tought you did if you have expressed an opinion of the issue at hand. However you said in your post that it could be a balancing problem wich would be a misleading information for DE. Just to be clear without linking any thread we are not asking to change how the mod works but to restore it to it's state before U21 dropped. That's all.

4 hours ago, Nirrel said:

Well you feel like DE is well aware of certain problems, but we don't really know now do we?

Which is why I wish something like this could happen in the future.

A Suggestion - With the addition of reactions, how about this, although I doubt it is even possible since the forum code won't even allow tag restrictions, however I'll suggest it anyway.

• [DE] only reactions that can be applied to posts to indicate a member of the staff has taken notice of the thread/post and is aware of concerns/feedback/bugs, each with a different appropriate reaction.
  • This would provide us with some awareness from DE that the bug or feedback link we quote to them at every single available opportunity has been acknowledged.

On 7/20/2017 at 0:33 PM, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed Mesa’s Peacemaker not acquiring new targets if it fails to find a target within a short period of time after firing.

If this is how DE "fixes" things then please stop. Bugs happen and so do hot fixes. Perhaps the FPS issue was more widespread than I knew. However, I never read anything about it nor experienced it. Wow, a quick search reveals that it took over two years to fix the FPS issue. 

Couple of annoyances when it comes to display came up.  While working on the Archwing Earth/Erpo Tile set, FOV for zoom seems wrong.  As it currently stands, it makes it extremely difficult to target enemies given how it's working.  Tried changing FOV and optiomizing the cache and the issue remains; so I'm suspecting to being a code issue.  

50FyAtT.jpg

Edit:  It seems that this FOV issue is happening when Interface is set to Legacy (using DX 9c).  Swapping to Full (DX 11), FOV is restored to what I was used to.  I supposed I'm going to have to get used to larger than usual mini-game/locks to override for the time being. 

While working on optimizing the code for the Earth Tile Set you might want to look into this:  

86gv159.jpg

While it looks pretty and gives the feeling that you're seeing more of the mission area only to find it's an invisible wall preventing the user from going in -- that water effect is sort of immersion breaking as it's occurring in the air and not near any of the water segments.  

Code for generating the Corpus Gas City Tile sets needs to be optimized as I've seen doors generated upside down (didn't screenshot it, sorry), as well as more flickering/out of place tile set generations through the entire mission, like this:  

2zqxR0d.jpg

hn6fyrg.jpg

Thought I caught one on the floor in a locker room closet, but it was while it was in the "off" setting.  These examples from months ago, continues to occur on the tile sets however.  

Edited by MBaldelli
Added information on FOV issue reported.

There are problems happening with the loading screen when getting into a mission and leaving it, I would look at the progress bar, its full, so I'm totally loaded, everyone in the squad is done, and yet it just sits there for even longer than it took to progress bar to be full, no one was joining or leaving, none of us where having connection problems, so why is it that the game just seems to sit there and do nothing for a while?

Please fix the Loading screen bugs! I know the problems aren't with me, as I have a powerful computer and strong internet, and I had a guy come and check my internet, and he stated that it was in top condition. My people in my squad couldn't be the problem, because they have better computers and internet than I do.

Please look into this, it would make this awesome game more enjoyable, thank you for your time!

Is Limbo supposed to be able to be killed by the mines in the Kuva Fortress?

I don't think that's intended. If it is then alrighty.

Some armored glass in grineer windows too transparent and hardly distinguished from windows without glass.
Some non-functional doors in dead-ends have green and orange light.
Still many areas with unnecessary teleport zones preventing jumping.
Sometimes half-open stuck door for clients still happening.

pls fix broken stealth multiplier. it desn't apply 8x damage after the first hit now!! (if this is intended behavior then i guess that's pretty S#&$ having invested so much into arcane trickery for ash and many hours fine tuning my loki build. not to mention stealth has been nerfed before)

For some reason my chat isn't connecting to Trade, Clan, Region, or Recruiting chats at all. Everything I tried isn't working, and when I made a new account (to start over for fun since I have nothing to do for a while) it connects no problem.

could you re-work the fall off damage please not saying get rid of it or anything but my brakk really hurts among other shotgun weapons i used to love them :( , with multi shot damage is split anyway so at a distance damage is reduced / split anyway why such a hurtfull fall of damage?

Edited by WhiteGemini