Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is wrong with Experience Gain in Warframe?

Seriously I would like to know what is wrong with the XP gain in this game! 

The more I kill and try to gain Experience leveling up weapons it goes no where but if I stop and just let other people do the work then bamm! I just went up a bunch of levels. Now what is the point of me spending 60$ on the Prime Accessory Pack for the Affinity Booster if I can't use my warframe to level up my own weapons? 

Can anyone explain this too me or am I just stuck mooching off other players?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Abaddon_81877 said:

Seriously I would like to know what is wrong with the XP gain in this game! 

The more I kill and try to gain Experience leveling up weapons it goes no where but if I stop and just let other people do the work then bamm! I just went up a bunch of levels. Now what is the point of me spending 60$ on the Prime Accessory Pack for the Affinity Booster if I can't use my warframe to level up my own weapons? 

Can anyone explain this too me or am I just stuck mooching off other players?

It is very simple. 

100% of the Affinity earned by Warframe kills, goes to them

75% of the Affinity earned by Weapon kills goes to them, 25% goes towards the warframe iirc. 

You are supposed to master the weapon, you can't master it if you only hold it, turn World on Fire on and run around the map [ as an example]

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

Acquisition

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the same split: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

• Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.
  • Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.
    • Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, split according to your own weaponry. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This does not apply to Archwing mode as it has much larger ranges for shared affinity.
  • Use a Warframe/Archwing ability. Affinity equal to the base energy cost, in most cases.
    • As of Update 19.5.4, it is still bugged. User gains no affinity from Warframe ability use.
  • Hack a terminal. 50 Affinity.
  • Complete an objective.
  • Complete a Challenge. 1,000 or 5,000 Affinity, depending on the particular challenge.
  • Collect an Affinity Orb. 100 Affinity.
  • Scanning with the Codex Scanner.
    • Scanning objects. 10 Affinity.
    • Scanning enemies. Affinity equal to 1/3 of gain upon killing the enemy (rounded down).
      • Stealth scan. Affinity equal to gain upon killing the enemy.

Companion Affinity

Companions gain their own Affinity, similar to Tenno.

• The Companion kills an enemy. Total Affinity upon kills is equal to that gained by Tenno. The owner of the Companion gains no Affinity.
    • Kills with its weapon. 50% Affinity is split between the Companion and its weapon.
    • Kills with an ability. 100% Affinity to the Companion.
  • The Companion uses an ability. Amount varies by ability.[investigation needed] 100% goes to the Companion.
  • A nearby Tenno, but not the Companion's owner, kills an enemy. Affinity gained by the Companion does not detract from that gained by its owner.
    • 50% Affinity is split between the Companion and its weapon.
    • 100% Affinity to the Companion in the absence of a weapon.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Abaddon_81877 said:

So pretty much using banshee and saryn to level up weapons is useless. And I might as well just run in circles for weeks with my Ember to level up my weapons. Wished I knew that. Wasted so much time and money on Banshee and Saryn. Ember is already my favorite frame. 

Why don't you take your weapons on Hydron and Akkad and try to use them? YOu never know when you will find something you like. If they are not capable enough to handle this missions, just take a buffing frame and help your team and level them with the share affinity. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Abaddon_81877 said:

So pretty much using banshee and saryn to level up weapons is useless. And I might as well just run in circles for weeks with my Ember to level up my weapons. Wished I knew that. Wasted so much time and money on Banshee and Saryn. Ember is already my favorite frame. 

at least players that met you and had weapons to level up were happy to find someone that kill everyone

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Abaddon_81877 said:

Umm no, getting Warframe kills won't get you any affinity on your weapons, you have to use the actual weapons or let someone on your team kill if you want to rank them.

They outlined how it works, now let met explain how you abuse this system. 

Since you killing things is less effective than letting another person kill things, go to Hydron (which is the best for gaining levels because of... a lot of technicals and circumstance) and find three random people. 

There are 2 possibilities: 

1. Someone is there, and has self-designated as the Warframe power killer. They will kill everything, everyone else reaps the benefits. 
  2. No one there is currently specified as the Warframe power killer and you all $&*^ around gaining XP still more efficiently than most other things in the game. 

Pro-tips: 

Level 1 weapon at a time, as per: 

22 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the same split: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

So having 1 weapon allows you to get it done quickly and move onto something else. 

BRING A SMEETA KAVAT. I can't stress this enough, and I have no idea why I don't see people running it more. Yeah, sure. Charm doesn't always work. But you have two advantageous rolls. Either you get Double Affinity (which stacks with your boosters multiplicatively), I repeat,  DOUBLE AFFINITY THAT STACKS WITH WHATEVER BOOSTERS YOU'RE USING for two minutes (120 seconds) or you get a free rare resource from the planet. Don't knock that, because it's not gonna be funny when you're suddenly out of detonite ampules and DE makes a damned weapon that requires so many even the top clans won't complete it for weeks. 

Also, I believe Excalibur with Naramon is the BEST for Hydron power leveling. Why, you ask? Naramon Shadow step has an affinity booster on melee kills. 

One of Excalibur's abilities is a glorified melee that counts as ability kills. 

This counts in Naramon's passive. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

BRING A SMEETA KAVAT. I can't stress this enough, and I have no idea why I don't see people running it more. 

Because Kavats and Kubrows are godawful and inferior to Sentinels in every way with a very few exceptions, Smeeta being one of them. EVEN then, his buffs are unreliable and it's better to use sentinel with vacuum if you're actually killing stuff with your weapon. The archaic system where you have to pick all items one by one by walking not even near them but precisely on them is why you will never see them normally.

It's only worth using, basically, during solo farming while having a melee equiped so you don't actually miss that many pickups. DE's quite stupid choice of not letting pets using the vacuum is their downfall, especially after allowing for us to equp it on all sentinels and not only carrier. As long as they can't pick up items, even in 50% of range that Sentinels are capable of they never will be used as often.

Edited by -Temp0-

2 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Because Kavats and Kubrows are godawful and inferior to Sentinels in every way with a very few exceptions, Smeeta being one of them. EVEN then, he's buffs are unreliable and it's better to use sentinel with vacuum if you're actually killing stuff with your weapon. The archaic system where you have to pick all items one by one by walking not even near them but precisely on them is why you will never see them normally.

It's only worth using, basically, during solo framing while having a melee equiped so you don't actually miss that many pickups. DE's quite stupid choice of not letting pets using the vacuum is their downfall, especially after allowing for us to equp it on all sentinels and not only carrier. As long as they can't pick up items, even in 50% of range that Sentinels are capable of they never will be used as often.

Or simply just readd the vacuum to the warframes with a 5-7,5 meter range and that's all. That simply just delete the differences in this point between the sentinels and other companions. Peoples maybe cry about the range but the 5 meter is pretty good enough because you are involved to move toward to the rescourcs and mods. Passive so it won't cost slots and that's a major thing. Peoples cried a lot when they tested this but I personally liked the idea. 

15 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Or simply just readd the vacuum to the warframes with a 5-7,5 meter range and that's all. That simply just delete the differences in this point between the sentinels and other companions. Peoples maybe cry about the range but the 5 meter is pretty good enough because you are involved to move toward to the rescourcs and mods. Passive so it won't cost slots and that's a major thing. Peoples cried a lot when they tested this but I personally liked the idea. 

No it's not "pretty good", it's literally nothing. Unless you will be able to increase the range using sentinels (but while using pets it will stay the same).

Alternatively, make it 5-7 for pets to start with and leave the range on sentinels as it is then we can talk about 'why people don't use them'.

Not to mention this "idea' removes Sentinels from the game entirely unless you rework them. And if you drastically rework them they will turn into kavats 2.0 removing the need to run kavats and kubrows once again.

Edited by -Temp0-

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

No it's not "pretty good", it's literally nothing. Unless you will be able to increase the range using sentinels (but while using pets it will stay the same).

Alternatively, make it 5-7 for pets to start with and leave the range on sentinels as it is then we can talk about 'why people don't use them'.

Not to mention this "idea' removes Sentinels from the game entirely unless you rework them. And if you drastically rework them they will turn into kavats 2.0 removing the need to run kavats and kubrows once again.

The 5-7 meter is fine because you move anyway on the map and with the parkour 2.0 the mobility increased drastically. If they keep the 10-12 meter what the current vacuum can do then there is no reason to move because the loot goes to you. If they remove from the sentinels then the sentinels still have useful abilities which means they still be usable and don't forget there is no genetic degradation what have on the "living" pets. 

Much better the vacuum as a warframe passive because then you can choose any of the pets also both needs rework and tweaks because the sentinels needs the same survivability what kubrows and kavats have "reviving" and these pets also needs a better AI. 

Sentinels still have the benefit to not cost further investments and their abilities not that bad but need tweaks and pets also need their reworks so in my eye this change is a big equal.

Also no matter what frame do you using you can get your rescources in a moderate range. 

No need to remove any pet from the game and your vision is not correct. There are more reason to choose each above the others mostly those whom want pets will choose them others will choose the another and YES there are a minority whom not using any pet or sentinel and they say hello and thank you.

The only way to make it fair to everyone the looting if the warframe given the vacuum as a passive without slot cost. 

If you feel and know how to rework the pets and sentinels then make a thread about it, personally they doesn't need to be our servant minions whom collecting every peace of krap after you. They need to be durable and with a better weaponry plus AI they could be real companions. "like how not mention the specters because their AI is awful too".

Verdict - passive vacuum is fair but companions as a whole system needs a rework and tweaks.

Some additional idea. They can also rework the loot system to remove the containers and materials and also the mob drops instantly spawn on you so you don't need to stop and collect items at all because everyone in your group given what you found. Somehow this feels abusable but also a correct solution because you still need to go and kill the mobs in order to get materials and mods so that scenario won't happend if one person doing a mission then 3 other leeches because the afk system should be fixed to detect if a player not move at all and if only just do one step. There could be limited to for example 100 step or 1000 to detect you not afk and you have 5-10 min to move constantly and not stop. Those whom no move at all or just trying to move in five min one centimeter these will be autokicked or not given any loot. 

Edited by Sziklamester

Don't know if anyone listed above, there's too much reading and I'm lazy, but if you're levelling something, be sure to unequip maxed items, because exp still splits to the maxed items. Example: Levelling a rifle? Unequip secondary and melee weapons if they're maxed, also the sentinel weapon if you have one! For Warframes, unequip maxed companions! 

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

Don't know if anyone listed above, there's too much reading and I'm lazy, but if you're levelling something, be sure to unequip maxed items, because exp still splits to the maxed items. Example: Levelling a rifle? Unequip secondary and melee weapons if they're maxed, also the sentinel weapon if you have one! For Warframes, unequip maxed companions! 

This is a good point and what I do myself. 

3 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

The only way to make it fair to everyone the looting if the warframe given the vacuum as a passive without slot cost. 

As long as there is a setting to opt out. During combat I don't want random junk flying at my screen, and I move around enough anyway, and except for the most extreme resource costs I have enough of everything. 

everything you have equiped will absorb exp even if it has no where to go (why focus exists). if you open a slot however, exp has to go to the next thing and will help level it up or in otherwords it isnt split as much between your gear.

I find the hardest thing to level is sentinals followed by mella, and seconderys. your frame and your primery are the esior to level.

My recomendation is to cut down the gear you are leveling and focus on one at a time if you can. some frames like nidus help becasue if moded right you dont even need gear for him to hold his own. otherwise some frames will help level a sepcific slot- Excal and Valkyer will level whatever you have in your third slot when using there ult, mesa will help level secdonerys, and I think Ivara helps with primerys, however these are all tied to there ult abilitys that copy over the mods you are using in thoese slots.

third slot stuff however also gets the stances, and it can make leveling them slightly better due to mod capacity.

I never use my sentinals gun, mostly becasue I favor my carrior as a buff boat and it means I can carry him in stelth as well. But thats up to you. but ya. focus on one thing at a time, and unequip if needed.

6 hours ago, Miser_able said:

The xp system is fine. 

And you ought to remove that psa tag. 

5 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

oh, as said above remove the PSA tag, it's for dev and mods only

Ya know.... I understand the concept of that, and I dont believe this post deserves the tag either...

But for as many people as there are out there pointing this out, you would think DE would remove the option for the average user to just arbitrarily use it in their thread. *Especially with the recent update to the forum*. I mean its not like any of us can lock, move, delete, or sticky a thead, among other things. Why even give us the option in the first place?

I may just make all my threads PSA from now on just because.

All of these different strategies to 0 to 30 a weapon as quickly as possible... what ever happened to actually using the thing?

That's how I level all my weapons up, I kill stuff with it. Doing things this way let's you get a feel for the weapon and what it is good/bad at. It allows you to form your own opinions instead of labeling something "mastery fodder" because some guy on YouTube said so, and never giving the thing a chance. Whenever I look at some MR23's profile and see that they never got a single kill with more than half of their weapons it makes me sad.

1 hour ago, Faulcun said:

I may just make all my threads PSA from now on just because.

Well than I hope you enjoy being banned. 

They  said with these forums they can't modify permissions with tags,so unless they prevent anyone from using them they can't lock them. 

Edited by Miser_able

4 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Well than I hope you enjoy being banned. 

They  said with these forums they can't modify permissions with tags,so unless they prevent anyone from using them they can't lock them. 

OH... if im gonna get banned for something they cant even control, well then never mind. Thank you for explaining that because I was afraid the situation was even more ridiculous than i had initially thought.

Totally not the case. :thumbup:

Edited by Faulcun

1 hour ago, Faulcun said:

OH... if im gonna get banned for something they cant even control, well then never mind. Thank you for explaining that because I was afraid the situation was even more ridiculous than i had initially thought.

Totally not the case. :thumbup:

I feel like your being sarcastic. 

The reason I said a ban was possible was not because of what you were doing, it was that you would choose to willingly and repeatedly break a rule. 

7 hours ago, Faulcun said:

You know, I understand the concept of that, and I dont believe this post deserves the tag either, but for as many people out there are pointing this out, you would think DE would remove the option for the average user to just arbitrarily use it in their thread.

If memory serves, DE cannot do this because the forums is a third party website or something to that effect. I could be wrong, though.