Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status mod buff, pretty please with a cherry on top?

DeckChairVonBananaCamel

To be specific: Sure Shot, Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy and Melee Prowess

They don't do much, that should change. As it stands the only viable way to improve status chance are 60/60 elemental mods or acolyte mods.

These mods take up the same mod capacity as the 60/60 mods but the tiny boost given by these mods is, unfortunately, not worth the mod slot.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who cares about this.

OP, you are not the first... and will not be the last one to ask for this

these mods are from the time they gave stun chance for our weapons... on damage 1.0 (something similar to our impact proc), giving the same amount, but as flat additional stat

they forgot to adapt those numbers when damage 2.0 arrived on Warframe

Edited by Zeyez

1 minute ago, Zeyez said:

these mods are from the time they gave stun chance for our guns... on damage 1.0 (something similar to our impact proc), giving the same amount, but as flat additional stat

they forgot to adapt those numbers when 2.0 arrived on Warframe

Yup same reason 90% cold dmg mods are still a D polarity, don't understand why DE doesnt even acknowledge these things when fixing it is a simple matter of changing numbers.

1 minute ago, Zeyez said:

these mods are from the time they gave stun chance for our guns... on damage 1.0 (something similar to our impact proc), giving the same amount, but as flat additional stat

they forgot to adapt those numbers when 2.0 arrived on Warframe

lol i remember that, and even back then the mods where useless because the rainbow build everyone put on their guns stunned the enemy without fail.

Maybe they dont like that more weapons can hit the 100% spot if they were to really buff it. like even a rifle benefits from 100% chance over 90% before that multishot addition. on the other side most people still would not equip a pure status mod unless it was WAY over the 60 from dual status.

I rather think it would be very op buffing these mods tbh. Say for example your weapon had 25% status chance with a dps spread of 100 slash, 10 impact, 10 puncture. Equipping a 100%status chance mod would knock that bad boy up to 50% status chance. Given its high slash damage that weapon would have a majority chance to proc slash. A bleed that ignores enemy armor. With out any downside like.. adding extra elementals to fudge with the proc chance. Thats really rather strong, especially with that slash damage to combo multiplier mod that made the telos boltace into god teir. 

Theres other examples using corrosive damage too but the majority would be to ensure ips damage. Alternatively if they did want to.. why is there no 60%slash/status chance mods etc?

4 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

To be specific: Sure Shot, Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy and Melee Prowess

They don't do much, that should change. As it stands the only viable way to improve status chance are 60/60 elemental mods or acolyte mods.

These mods take up the same mod capacity as the 60/60 mods but the tiny boost given by these mods is, unfortunately, not worth the mod slot.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who cares about this.

An even better suggestion from a thread i found on the same matter is that make these mods at flat 30% status.

Not multiplicative like now, they just increase base status chance by 30%.

29 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

You might as well ask why they're not employing an auto balance script that lightly increases stats on underused mods and gear and decreases them on overused items once every month.

Consistency, in short. People want some kind of a guarantee that their gear will be like that for indefinite amounts of time, otherwise most will see no reason to invest their time and soul into them. I would say it's not necessary to do so either. Just modifying the redundant ones like the 10% status mod to be more on par with the rest (like +90% status) should be enough.