Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Releasing new login reward Primed Mods will become a problem

Wyrmius_Prime

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Well if you don't have a need to login daily to get a mod, you can do well without this mod. It's not like they're that mandatory anyways.

It would be refreshing to have something to work for once in a while, though. Now a days most updates apart from hotfixes add a new weapon, which is most likely clan tech. It takes 3 days of waiting to get it researched, 12-24 hours to get it built and 10 minutes to level it up to level 30. Sometimes you may need to farm 1 or 2 Argon for a weapon but that's about it.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

Instead of a straight number-of-days, Login Rewards 3.0 should be normalized so that you can always catch up within a year if you login every day.

For example, today is Day 600. If I started a new account today, I'd be at Login 0. If I logged in every day after that, by Day 765 I would be at Login 600. After that, my Login would be pegged to the normal rate of +1 Login/day. 

4 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Today marks the 600th day since the Daily Tribute system was released on PC. I'm not personally a fan of how the system currently works at all. If I were to join the game today, it would take me close to 5 years to unlock Primed Shred (600 day login reward) simply because of the fact that I do not have time nor interest to login to this game daily in the long run. The open ''beta'' hasn't even been out that long. That should put into perspective how ridiculous of a time frame that is. How many games have YOU played for that long?

According to the Wiki, ''As of January 13th 2017, new Primed mods were unofficially retired from Baro Ki'Teer's rotation.'' May I ask why? Why remove or at least postpone one of the biggest incentives for old players to play the game instead of only logging in daily? Those mods were a great Endo sink too. Now there are people with hundreds of thousands, probably even millions of spare Endo because there is nothing worthwhile to use it on. Sorties pump the game with more and more Endo with the endless and useless Ayatan rewards. Maxed mods have hardly any demand in the market compared to the past. Sure there are rivens but maxing them only takes a small portion of what maxing a Primed mod takes, and in addition to that, the number of rivens a player can have is limited.

The login rewards mods are some of the best mods that exist in this game. How bad your aim has to be if you actually need any of the primed ammo mutation mods? You can also get a larger benefit than primed fast hands, primed bane mods or primed slip mag from rivens even with weak dispositions. Nearly half of the Primed mods offered by Baro are trash. Meanwhile Primed Fury, Primed Vigor and Primed Shred will stay relevant through the ages. Primed Shred especially is more powerful than you average riven roll on primaries. It would be nice if these mods were available in the game through proper gameplay. The 600 days might not seem like a lot to some of you, but think ahead in time when we are speaking of thousands of days. The future mods would just be there, with barely anyone being able to acquire them.

Just my 2 cents pls no flame k?

Funny, I started before the system and have managed to log in everyday sans a handful here there when I'm too busy or out of town. I'm a week or two from Primes Shred. Sorry you are salty. But if DE wanted you to have Primed Shred they wouldn't have set the system the way it is. They don't want a player like you to have it, they want a player like me to have it.

Just like say... they wanted a player who purchased the founders pack to have Excalibur Prime, and I can NEVER get that no matter what, or the Alpha weapons (lato and braton vandal) that I can also never get, or Primed Chamber, etc. There are always things people who started before you have and you don't. At least you CAN get Primed Shred, if you do exactly what those other players did to get it. In fact I've been logging nearly every day (even for a moment) since I started playing which means I wasted many days before the new system was even put into place that a new player does't have to waste. a new player can get Primed Shred MUCH faster in their playing career than I was able to.

Guys, this isn't a competition. You don't need to "catch up" to anything or anybody else. Every person that plays this game has the exact same access to the exact same login rewards. The only reason you feel you need to catch up is because other people have put in the time and have stuff that you don't have. But here's the kicker: none of the rewards are required or really change the game in any way. You don't need that stuff right now. Play the game and you'll get it when you get it.

Equality =/= Equity

It's not a great design. Other games that I've played with daily rewards and cumulative yearly ones don't even require 365 days of logins to get the best stuff. In reality, though, it's something that preys a bit too much on people's fears of missing out or being left behind. There's no perfect system, and I'm sure that some who have dealt with things as they are will be upset that other players get it easier, but it wouldn't hurt the game to make adjustments so long as like before the items can't be traded.

Mm. It's definitely a kind of obnoxious system. It's just a sort of annoying feeling to have things in the game that you might want, but can't really do anything to actively work towards. I guess Tennogen stuff fits that, too, but at least those are cosmetics and there's a pretty good reason for why they've got a real price. And no, I don't think logging in every day really counts as having a way of actively working towards something, it's more like passively doing so, since no matter how much you want to it's simply impossible to put in any extra work or effort to go beyond the set pace.

I'm not as far behind as a new player would be, since I'm about to hit primed vigor, but thinking about someone just joining... Something being two years off doesn't feel like something exciting to work or wait for, it feels like something you might never get. And if you do, there's going to be something else two years off. Sort of annoying when they're things with mechanical benefits, which I'd also imagine must make it difficult to really decide what to even put on these from DE's side. It's silly to put something of questionable use as such a long-term loyalty reward, but also pretty unfair to actually put anything of significant power over other content there. Which is a line I think they've had a lot of trouble walking.

Some people have downplayed primed shred, but it honestly sounds to me like it'd be one of the best mods in game for a lot of weapons if it's keeping its per-rank stats. Going to be just barely short of the raw fire rate mod and have more punch-through than the pure punch through mod. Fire rate makes for a rather significant DPS increase, but doesn't help ammo efficiency, while punchthrough will frequently increase total damage done and the efficiency of those shots. Not always, of course, punch through is a stat that's nearly impossible to account for in DPS calculations. But it's a horde shooter, it's going to come up a lot.

I feel like if they wanted show-offy long time loyalty rewards, it might've been better to have had them be really nice cosmetics or something. But I think we're locked in at this point, so... Oh well.

Edited by OvisCaedo

7 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Today marks the 600th day since the Daily Tribute system was released on PC. I'm not personally a fan of how the system currently works at all. If I were to join the game today, it would take me close to 5 years to unlock Primed Shred (600 day login reward) simply because of the fact that I do not have time nor interest to login to this game daily in the long run.

Know what?

You know how it's fair?

You have access to EVERYTHING released in the past five years NOW.

You want to unlock a different warframe every day for a month once you have the MR requirements?  You can do that.  You didn't have to play when the rare Rhino BP went for 800.  You didn't have to wait for a fifth warframe. 

You have close to immediate access to over four years of content and you're complaining about the ONE MOD you can't have right now.

I hate to sound like the old man, but you honestly have no idea how better off you have it than the guy who started the game.

ONE MOD.  ONE MOD you can't have right now is all you care about.  Nice.

600 days to unlock Primed Shred (600 day login reward) Is half-witted, any super 'desirable,' power gain game asset locked behind 600 days will make anybody think what the actual... ck.

My opinion, anything over a year should be cosmetic, if DE want to make logging in an imperative carrot, make the 600 days cosmetic phenomenal.   

17 hours ago, Whupwhup said:

since the beginning? nooo you mean since the release of the new reward system, i and many others played the game long before they introduced the new login system

we all had to start from day 1 with all the new players, nowadays new players are already at day 600 while some veterans sit on day 100+ xD (even founders)

no reward for returning players, no way to catch up if you had a break,

you just get penalized for having a reallife and cant login everyday, thats all

You're totally right, it would be fair, if they count the milestones from the day you joined the game. Only the milestones (weapons and primed mods) with this, if someone didn't played for a year would be returned to getting a really nice reward for that, and probably a reason to continue playing the game as to get enough endo to max the mods, and try out the new weapons etc. and not just: "oh, F***, how much did this game changed I can't find anything" And it would be some punishing not to log in everyday because missing all the normal login rewards... like affinity and credit boosters. (i hate that i only got those when I just log in for a few minutes but i have to do something else and can't use them) 

18 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The login rewards mods are some of the best mods that exist in this game.

From my perspective they are not the best mods. Primed Fury is nice but nothing Beserker cannot fix. Primed Vigor is also nice but you normally build either for health with good old vitality or for shields with redirection (when shield gating becomes a thing). And Primed Shred may sound nice but not every rifle needs shred in the first place and there lots of nice rivens that do similar things. 

You dont need to any of those legendary mods to get through the starchart nor do you need them for sorties. They are collectors items and something to show on yt or streams. 

2 minutes ago, k05h said:

From my perspective they are not the best mods. Primed Fury is nice but nothing Beserker cannot fix. Primed Vigor is also nice but you normally build either for health with good old vitality or for shields with redirection (when shield gating becomes a thing). And Primed Shred may sound nice but not every rifle needs shred in the first place and there lots of nice rivens that do similar things. 

You dont need to any of those legendary mods to get through the starchart nor do you need them for sorties. They are collectors items and something to show on yt or streams. 

I think shield gating would make shield recharge mods better than redirection, as no matter how big the damage is if you have shield it won't damage your health