Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What classify's as a megathread?

Only DE members uses the Megathread tag, ( I mean you technically can put it up, but it'll be removed by a Mod once seen )
it's mostly used after new big updates that require quite a lot of feedback and will see an intake of multiple threads merged into one.

Well the short version of it is : You don't need to worry about it.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

Only DE members and community moderators are supposed to use it.
They'll remove it from your thread if they see you using it on your own.

Basically it is used to denote that that thread is supposed to be basically the one for discussing a given topic and other threads about the topic will just be merged into it.  This is done to avoid spawning 30+ threads about the same topic and having way too splintered discussion about something.

Megathreads happen when they releasing a new content and they need a feedback section for it but megathreads can be happen when the playerbase is angry and bashing or critizing threads merged into one big. Most of these survive only 1-2 page before locking but usualy the first and what the peoples above said.

Alright so i wouldn't be able to use it for a suggestion post regarding the four elemental frames and Buffs/QoL changes/ Nerfs if I was too make one eventually seeing as it's DE specific. Even though it'd end up being a thread of decent length and it's nice to know i have a doopleganger on Blizzard's site guess I'll just have to stick my account name i already have over there can't even remember which one it was haven't played any blizzard games in awhile.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

A megathread is where com mods dump repeat topics in an attempt to keep the forums from being overrun by 53 "when is Excal Umbra coming?!1!" topics.

It's supposed to reduce clutter and centralize conversation.

as above says ... ^ [least thats why i made mine...o. o ] 

usually one thats well centralized op is used as a base , but thats not always the case, sometimes its simply the first thread on the topic

its more dependent on time vs amount of the topics blooming and need to put them all in one spot 

thread base gets everything merged to it it becomes a bit clustered with random topics 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

This is what Megathreads are.

e3GXP3U.png

Mmm, gosh darn somebody stop me, I'm too bloody good with paint.

/s

4 hours ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Alright so i wouldn't be able to use it for a suggestion post

No no. You won't be able to use it for anything. Only Mods and Staff decide when to make a Megathread.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

This is what Megathreads are.

Reveal hidden contents

e3GXP3U.png

Reveal hidden contents

Mmm, gosh darn somebody stop me, I'm too bloody good with paint.

Reveal hidden contents

/s

No no. You won't be able to use it for anything. Only Mods and Staff decide when to make a Megathread.

Somebody seems salty.