Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On average, a Smeeta Kavat will use its resource booster Charm effect around once every 16 minutes of active gameplay time.

RealPandemonium

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

It’s easy to figure out. 

120 sec: x2 XP and resources 

30 sec: red crits

10 sec: free ability casts

no time: free reload 

Smeeta has amazing buffs, they’re heavily RNG based because they’re amazing. It’s not a troll 

If you consistansy, then use the adarza kavat, flat 60% CC 

Yes I realize that you can tell which buff you have by looking at your buff bar.

But it kind of takes away from the game to look at your buff bar every 5 seconds to see what buff you have or if you even got a buff period.
That's why I suggested a small text prompt that tells you when you obtained a buff and what that buff was.

17 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Smeeta has amazing buffs, they’re heavily RNG based because they’re amazing. It’s not a troll 

If you consistansy, then use the adarza kavat, flat 60% CC 

I know its my most used companion for the last 12 months...
But its still largely useless in allot of places because they either get stuck in terrain and with no way to ever recover. Additionally as most mission types are comprised of rushing through points with maybe half a second of downtime to kill enemies in between a Kavat can be massively left out of range.

I dont think my kavat even exists on PoE when i do bounties they're just left so far behind.

Smeeta has 28% chance of giving one of 6 random buffs every 27s.Those buffs (in my experience) have their own chance from happening with critical chance bonus buff being one of the common ones (which is cool) and rare resource buff being rare one.DE might of made Rare Resource buff a bit more rare to happen because of obvious reasons.But in my experience,again, my overall opinion is that Smeeta kavat is more than useful when you are farming resources,Kuva in particular, but you can't expect it to happen or be nervous if it doesn't  happen.If you get it it will be very rewarding.

You can also get multiple Rare Resource buffs if you are lucky:

uw7Wbug.png

-With 2x resource booster active-

You know a classic "response" to such threads right? Nerfing Adarza, not buffing Smeeta. Even tho that yes, Smeeta sucks. It just sucks plain and simple and no one cares about his other buffs at all but since double resource booster is "so gut" no one will ever fix the broken useless kavat since it means less plat for them.

Цитата

You can also get multiple Rare Resource buffs if you are lucky:

"IF". I've been running with smeeta all the time for about 2 months doing on average 10-15+ kuva misisons a day, the amount of time I got it's buff during Kuva is laughable. And it's ineffectiveness leads to people not even bothering to bring kavat with them meaning that's very rarely you will see more than 1-2 in a team anyway.

Edited by -Temp0-

Yeah anyone who hates on the vacuum mod just don't like playing with it and have special setup which doesn't represent how a typical player uses the game.

Vacuum may have not been intended to be a QOL mod or supposed to be essential for most players, but it ended up that way because DE hasn't bother to come up with anything which offers an alternative to Vacuum. I used to not care one way or another about vacuum but I have played enough times without it that I noticed that  have to play slower and do less damage because I have to stop and search for drops rather than just focus on attacking and allowing the drops to come to me. And with many of the builds out there you have to rely on quick pickups or else you will not be attacking more than running round picking up things.

The reason alot of you don't really notice is because once again, this represent a deficiency on the part of DE to balance out difficulty and upgrade enemy AI so for the most part, unless you are dealing with a bunch of hallway heroes, everything drops in clumps and if you work cooperative you could in fact play without vacuum at all. But that is not how most people play this game, and DE doesn't realize it nor do they care.

But if you constantly pug you cannot play without vacuum, no one wants to even play close enough to have drops stay together to avoid using vacuum.

And this is why pets are in the state they are in, vacuum broke the pets and DE never gave the pets much thoughts outside of aesthetics.....

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76
proofreading

It would be cool if the charms were shared to teammates within a radius and could stack pending if there were other smeetas. I think pets working together in certain ways is a bit of a miss of an opportunity. I go for adarza because I don't want to guess at what charm it will be, and don't like babysitting extra icons to see how much time I have left for it. But if charms were charged and could stack I would always bring smeeta

On 1/21/2018 at 1:16 PM, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Still no one else has realised when this thread died...

So am I supposed to start a new thread, rehashing all of the things said previously in this one, or am I supposed to sit quietly in the corner with my mouth shut so that DE never hears what their community cares about until I just decide the game is "meh" and move on to something else?  DE seems to actually at least take things their community brings up into consideration, even if they don't give them what they want every time.  I take this to mean that I should contribute my thoughts rather than just "Sit down; Shut up."  Rather than starting a new thread to clutter up the forum database and make it seem like I'm the only person who cares about the issue, I figured it would be better to post in an old thread.  People would scream at me for "not searching the forums" if I has started a new thread anyway.

Now, back to the issue:  I've been playing Kuva missions using my Smeeta since I last posted for research purposes, and I can manage to get the 120s resource boost buff once every two or three missions.  Unfortunately, I have to play solo, because no one cares if I get the buff if they aren't also getting it.  I also found that I was spending two to three times as long trying to complete the mission with the buff compared to just speedrunning it with pubbers, because the times when I don't get the buff can take forever as I wait for the last Kuva collection before giving up.  I only got the resource boost right as I found the Kuva collector on one occasion, which gave me just enough time to destroy all four braids.  This basically makes the Smeeta worthless as a Kuva booster, because I could have just run two or three times as many of the missions.

In the future, I'll still bring the Smeeta along for the ride, but only because I am not playing those missions with the expectation of picking up any resources, and I am extremely unlikely to run out of ammo if I am just blazing through.  I just hold out hope that I'll be lucky and my Kavat will do something useful... Sadly, RNGesus isn't very friendly toward me, so I'm not holding my breath.  The only other mission type to which I bring my Smeeta is Orokin Derelict Survival since I only use my melee weapon, leaving everything nearby (although, I do pull out my Tigris Prime to clear the instant reload buff if I get it, since it at least seems to block other buff types from occuring for quite a long period of time).  In any other type of mission I actually have to worry about picking up loot or converting unused ammo drops into something I need, so I can't bring my Kavat along to be basically nothing more than a bystander.  If I'm not worried about ammo, I bring Helios Prime to try to get in any scans that I haven't completed, yet.

This is all very sad, since my most recent Smeeta is absolutely beautiful with his default colors, long tufted ears, and leaf tail.  If practicality wasn't a concern, I'd bring him along for every mission just to look good while I killed stuff.

• 3 years later...

My Smeeta procs for me so little that I don't bother to bring it to things like Kuva siphons unless it happens to already be on.  I think it's worth it for longer runs, but outside of that it's too inconsistent for me to care.

Couple that with the trade ban that I was hit with because I got a double proc on a double resource weekend while wearing a booster during an Exploiter run and I'm actually wary of having it on sometimes.

• 10 months later...

This thread is decaying and almost nekro.

I find the res doubling buff from Smeeta responds to my actions. If I am getting headshots and (in open worlds) getting the extra gems from mining, then the res doubling buff activates more frequiently. If I am dodging enemies and not attacking them much, critical buff is triggered. Shooting the ground, sheilds. Using abilities, free ability casts.

• Like 1