Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Lenz too powerful for bow and explosive weapon (unbalance)

korndolorous

37 minutes ago, Desdemona-XI said:

I think Lenz is the most hideous thing the corpus have made to date. I cant take it seriously at all unless i spend several minutes convincing myself it's not a bow.

I personally think of it as an explosive railgun, with the energy rings and the charge sound.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Garbage players will say don't nerf the Lenz. Anyone who is remotely smart in modding weapons in this game will know that the Lenz needs a nerf bad. 

But it might not happen because only the majority of whiners decides what happens in Warframe.

Not true. Legend himself over here telling you that those numbers mean nothing in the endgame. Trust me, what you see in your arsenal, in the simulacrum, or on warframe builder are giving you a false sense of security. Modding is an art form, yes. But it also can be a crutch. Push yourself to the big levels, 150-200 corrupted enemies for a start and tell me the lenz is fine. Fair warning, results will change your opinion.

On 8/19/2017 at 9:34 PM, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Speed Trigger, Ammo Mutation. Easy as pie to avoid AOE because 1: the round goes exactly where you expect it to and 2: you get an entire full second to escape the AOE area. I have 1 catalyst on it and 0 forma. I steal literally everyone's kills with it. It's obviously overpowered. 

The Tonkor used to be fun. You all nerfed it. So now Karma is coming back. The Lenz will get a nerf. UNLESS... you UN-NERF Tonkor then I'll be quiet about the Lenz. 

Side note yeah... Lenz is super fun to play with. But it's a horrible taste in my mouth after what was done to Tonkor. I want justice.

Stealing kills? Then stop fighting enemies in the star chart and hit up them raids and the endurance runs.

EDIT: Gotta agree on the bad taste though. Seeing lenz instantly made me miss my tonkor.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Not true. Legend himself over here telling you that those numbers mean nothing in the endgame. Trust me, what you see in your arsenal, in the simulacrum, or on warframe builder are giving you a false sense of security. Modding is an art form, yes. But it also can be a crutch. Push yourself to the big levels, 150-200 corrupted enemies for a start and tell me the lenz is fine. Fair warning, results will change your opinion.

Stealing kills? Then stop fighting enemies in the star chart and hit up them raids and the endurance runs.

EDIT: Gotta agree on the bad taste though. Seeing lenz instantly made me miss my tonkor.

I don't bother with the star chart and people bringing this up over and over again is like someone waterboarding me. Enough.

I played the sorties today. I faced level 50-100 enemies. I brought the Lenz. Everything died in 3 shots or less with the only exception being heavy gunners as they took around 5 shots. Fact: The Lenz is over powered.

Also what real incentive is there to play endless missions and face off against level 200+ enemies? As I ask myself this questions, I wouldn't mind a "Hardcore Sortie" in addition to the regular sortie. Something along the lines of no energy or no abilities or what have you. A hardcore challenge.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

I don't bother with the star chart and people bringing this up over and over again is like someone waterboarding me. Enough.

I played the sorties today. I faced level 50-100 enemies. I brought the Lenz. Everything died in 3 shots or less with the only exception being heavy gunners as they took around 5 shots. Fact: The Lenz is over powered.

Also what real incentive is there to play endless missions and face off against level 200+ enemies? As I ask myself this questions, I wouldn't mind a "Hardcore Sortie" in addition to the regular sortie. Something along the lines of no energy or no abilities or what have you. A hardcore challenge.

No abilities or energy is not a challenge, it's just a handicap. A challenge is facing off against enemies designed for your warframe's power. Back in the day, level 100 was a big deal, but now, I can care less. Sorties were added for endgame players with maxed out gear, but it's time for the players to face the fact that the power creep is real, and level 200+, IS the level you should be using your 3 forma Lenz on. That's a separate warframe issue for a separate thread though. My point is simply though, don't judge a weapon by how it performs in missions under it's level. That's what  made status so underappreciated back in the day, vs now, status is the new rave. Some things scale, some things have a hard cap, and the lenz has a hard cap. It performs adequately at its designed level and that's it. Status weapons like braton prime and tigris prime will surpass its power with scaling potential, but at around level 200, this thing will work. Nothing more, Nothing Less.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

So basically you're saying:
"The fact that a heavy gunner in a sortie mission goes down in 3.5-5 seconds while taking nearly all of my ammo against a single enemy makes the Lenz Overpowered!"
What about all of the weapons that could have killed that same heavy gunner in less than five seconds?  Because five seconds to take out enemies at sortie level is quite a bit longer than usual.
The only enemy which lasts that long should be the nox against a pure-melee person.
Even in Sortie 3 against Grineer with reinforced armor heavy gunners go down faster than 5 seconds if you're geared for it.

The fact that it took you five seconds to kill to kill a heavy gunner with it actually is an argument against it being strong, considering the secondaries I bring into those mission can kill a heavy gunner in around 3.
And if its a survival and I'm going Melee the heavy gunners can be killed in 2 or 3 hits.

The on paper DPS of the Lenz is way overblown, and the Lenz is not OP.
Is it powerful?  Sure against star-chart level enemies.
Once you get into the higher levels not so much considering someone bringing properly geared secondaries can usually outkill you due to the blast delay needing to be factored into its DPS, and the fact that the lens can't get a headshot with the explosion, only the initial arrow (which deals pretty crap damage).

If your line in the sand is "Anything that can kill sortie enemies in 5 seconds or less is OP" then the list of OP weapons you have must be pretty long....

Edited by Tsukinoki

4 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

If your line in the sand is "Anything that can kill sortie enemies in 5 seconds or less is OP" then the list of OP weapons you have must be pretty long....

All of his. My Aklex Prime/Lex Prime has been killing enemies in Sorties in under 5 seconds before my Aklex Prime Riven, and before Chroma's Vex Armor has been taken into consideration since Sorties has stepped on stage. 

List of weapons I use that destroy Grineer in under 5 seconds;

Dread

Paris Prime (Riven with Damage and Electric Damage)

Rakta Cernos is

Amprex

Tigris series

Strun Wraith

Opticor (before its buff)

Dex Sybaris/Sybaris Prime

Latron Prime

Kohm

Twin Kohmak

Euphona Prime

Lex Prime/Aklex Prime

Dual Toxocyst

Everything I can see in my Aresenal thus far that would fit the overpowered description based on the argument put forth. All before any Warframe buffs or area debuffs.

We should be thanking the developers for this unique addition than to break it in half and send it back. This new bow can be the key to inspiring new ideas to better other weapons and, of course add new ones to the game. The time spent to develop this piece of content and to then use it should be meet with appreciation as well as the motivation to keep up the great ideas.

On 2017. 08. 21. at 9:28 AM, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Let me guess you never used the new Opticor?

The thing what oneshots a lv100 heavy gunner?

3 shots consuming 50% of my max ammo is pretty bad especially if we compare it to other nuke weaponary.

A weapon just as capable of killing you as it is capable of killing the enemy does not need a nerf whatsoever. Also, it's really poisonous to be trying to separate players just because you found the optimal build that you find can mop up enemies in single shots. You're simply funneling them into "YOUR" build instead of working on a fun one that would be viable. In that case, anyone who thinks that way is simply selfish. 

Edited by RavingRoman

I think instead of nerfing lenz, we should buff other weapons, like tonkor, maybe not buff, but a rework, something that allow the players to see blast radius, this is the main feature that i really like about lenz, it has delayed explosion, it gives me time to react to get out the harms way. Lenz in my opinion, is the best explosive weapon that we have, just because of that mechanic feature. 

Pics_Art_08-23-12.09.36.jpg

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz