Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapons do you still want to see in Warframe?

TheGodofWiFi

Spears. I'd like to see my warframes wielding spears.

Not "polearms" with slashing and bashing attacks, I mean SPEARS. With swift, trusting combos like  a Shaolin monk could perform.

Imagine all the possibilities : glorious spear charges, aerial trusting assault, splendid captura scenes of warframes gazing at the horizon, a spear in the hand.

S-P-E-A-R-S

12 hours ago, Tengu147 said:

attachment.php?attachmentid=97447&stc=1&

broadsword.jpg

Wing-Chun-Mariposa-Cuchillos-Bart-Cham-D

bulav.jpg

tutankamen_smaller_khopesh_41cm.jpg

ph-0.jpg

1. Dark Sword.

2. Gazal Machete

3. Nami Skyla

4. Magistar

5. Huh, intermingle some old egytptian weaponry with high-tech materials science? I wouldn't mind a ye-olde throat slitter/man-tripper.

6. The ell is that one? Half club and half scythe? Prosthetic hand pirate style?

9 minutes ago, Unus said:

1. Dark Sword.

2. Gazal Machete

3. Nami Skyla

4. Magistar

5. Huh, intermingle some old egytptian weaponry with high-tech materials science? I wouldn't mind a ye-olde throat slitter/man-tripper.

6. The ell is that one? Half club and half scythe? Prosthetic hand pirate style?

To Tengu's credit, the Magistar is a Mace and he asked for a Morningstar also his third has Nothing to do with Nami Skyla it's more similar to a dual Cleaver than that.

1 minute ago, Dwolfknight said:

To Tengu's credit, the Magistar is a Mace and he asked for a Morningstar also his third has Nothing to do with Nami Skyla it's more similar to a dual Cleaver than that.

1. I coulda swore a Morningstar was just a slight tweak on the mace template to kill organics with, but, as always, mistakes can be made.

2 . That's a pair a cutlasses, right? The Nami is our resident cutlass. Therefore, if one wishes for Akcutlasses, one should focus upon on acquireing the Nami Skyla as our current representative. If those are not cutlasses, but, rather, calvary sabers or a close cousin, then the closest thing would be the Dex Dakra and the closest available thing would be the Dual Skana.

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

1. I coulda swore a Morningstar was just a slight tweak on the mace template to kill organics with, but, as always, mistakes can be made.

2 . That's a pair a cutlasses, right? The Nami is our resident cutlass. Therefore, if one wishes for Akcutlasses, one should focus upon on acquireing the Nami Skyla as our current representative. If those are not cutlasses, but, rather, calvary sabers or a close cousin, then the closest thing would be the Dex Dakra and the closest available thing would be the Dual Skana.

The Morningstar is basically a Mace with a round head and spikes, so it's just a nitpick.

Those are not Cutlasses, those are Chinese blades, they are Tick like a Cleaver and Short as a Dagger, I forget what is its proper name. Found it, they are called Butterfly Swords. Like I said the closest things are Dual Cleavers or maybe Fang Prime.

Edited by Dwolfknight

Heavy weapons:

Gatling Rail Gun (Puncture)

Mass Driver repeater (Impact)

A modified OPTICOR repeater (punch through)

Heavy sniper Rail Gun (Slash)

A variant of the Petrusite launcher PNV06 Voltage (Blast)

Non Archwhing version of the Gratler with long range explosive shells (Blast)

Edited by (PS4)felsager

1 hour ago, Dwolfknight said:

The Morningstar is basically a Mace with a round head and spikes, so it's just a nitpick.

Those are not Cutlasses, those are Chinese blades, they are Tick like a Cleaver and Short as a Dagger, I forget what is its proper name. Found it, they are called Butterfly Swords. Like I said the closest things are Dual Cleavers or maybe Fang Prime.

1. Very well then.

2. Huh, Chinese eh? Wonder if our "Star Armor" bretheren could get a permutation of em as another "Chinese exclusive for 6 months" or an anniversary gift of the Lotus? 

Just now, Unus said:

Huh, Chinese eh? Wonder if our "Star Armor" bretheren could get a permutation of em as another "Chinese exclusive for 6 months" or an anniversary gift of the Lotus? 

I feel like it would be hard for there to be an exclusive to a version that is pretty much dead.

Going back on Topic, I would like to see some Non-Archwing Railguns, reminding that the Opticor and Ferrox are Lazer Cannons.

44 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

I feel like it would be hard for there to be an exclusive to a version that is pretty much dead.

Going back on Topic, I would like to see some Non-Archwing Railguns, reminding that the Opticor and Ferrox are Lazer Cannons.

Oh, reallly? Shet, I thought the computer version still had a pulse, ah well.

Hehe, like a "Rail Musket"? Big, absolutely filthy recoil, hits like a freight train?

Edited by Unus

Well other than a complete power creep fix for weapons and frames alike with a complete cosmetic overhaul. I certainly wouldn't mind having another Primed Glaive weapon type for my duel wielding perhaps a chakram something like Orvious which i doubt will be Primed seeing as it's a Quest weapon.

Edit: Also upgraded/sidegraded variants of a few pre-existing weapons.

Pyrana Prime, AkPyrana , Staticor Vandal, Amprex Vandal, Destreza Prime, and Attica Prime.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

11 hours ago, Unus said:

1. Dark Sword.

2. Gazal Machete

3. Nami Skyla

4. Magistar

11 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

10 hours ago, Unus said:

10 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

9 hours ago, Unus said:

1. Very well then.

2. Huh, Chinese eh? Wonder if our "Star Armor" bretheren could get a permutation of em as another "Chinese exclusive for 6 months" or an anniversary gift of the Lotus? 

To clarify:

The first weapon showed is a Chinese sword, the jian. Its fighting style is more akin to fencing than the two-handed fighting style of the "Sword" category the Dark Sword falls into. If the "Rapier" category was changed to "Fencing" I can see it fitting well alongside with a new stance to accurately capture how the jian is used. The movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon places a huge emphasis on this type of weapon.

The second is another Chinese sword, the dao. It would fit perfectly in the "Machete" category with it's own stance.

The third as someone pointed out are called "Butterfly Swords" and though they're short and not really used in the same sense daggers are used in Warframe, they could work there.

Almost everyone can recognise a khopesh when they see it but the last one is called a Mangbetu knife from the Mangbetu tribe in Democratic Republic of the Congo. If you watched the movie Doctor Strange you might recognise them as Kaecilius' (Mads Mikkelsen) weapons (known as 'scythe-daggers' in the MCU canon).

kaecilius4.jpg

Sadly I don't think the Mangbetu people were given a credit for that (unless I check the official art book for the movie).

I dont know if it was mentioned but a better Dark Split Sword, like having altfire swap between the two modes. Also, Trick Weapons anyone? Something like the Cleaver or Burial Blade from Bloodborne or how CoD Infinite Warfare had guns that swapped to completely different gun types. Ex: A shotgun that swapped to an SMG or a sniper to assault rifle.

1 hour ago, Tengu147 said:

To clarify:

The first weapon showed is a Chinese sword, the jian. Its fighting style is more akin to fencing than the two-handed fighting style of the "Sword" category the Dark Sword falls into. If the "Rapier" category was changed to "Fencing" I can see it fitting well alongside with a new stance to accurately capture how the jian is used. The movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon places a huge emphasis on this type of weapon.

The second is another Chinese sword, the dao. It would fit perfectly in the "Machete" category with it's own stance.

The third as someone pointed out are called "Butterfly Swords" and though they're short and not really used in the same sense daggers are used in Warframe, they could work there.

Almost everyone can recognise a khopesh when they see it but the last one is called a Mangbetu knife from the Mangbetu tribe in Democratic Republic of the Congo. If you watched the movie Doctor Strange you might recognise them as Kaecilius' (Mads Mikkelsen) weapons (known as 'scythe-daggers' in the MCU canon).

kaecilius4.jpg

Sadly I don't think the Mangbetu people were given a credit for that (unless I check the official art book for the movie).

The man/woman herself/himself speaks! Apologies that I had an entire conversation without ANY of your input whatsoever. As always, my social tact and graceful maneuvering is revealed to the world.

Educational, and I mean that in no insulting manner. So it's a "niche cultural blade" like that of the kris of Indonesia and the obsidian blade of the Nahuatl. So I see suh/mam, so I see.

Edited by Unus

6 hours ago, Unus said:

The man/woman herself/himself speaks! Apologies that I had an entire conversation without ANY of your input whatsoever. As always, my social tact and graceful maneuvering is revealed to the world.

Educational, and I mean that in no insulting manner. So it's a "niche cultural blade" like that of the kris of Indonesia and the obsidian blade of the Nahuatl. So I see suh/mam, so I see.

Aha it's 'man'/'suh' in this case,  and you need not apologise for anything. You are right though. Another thing to add however is that Mangbetu knives were not actually weapons (although they are reminiscent of throwing knives) and were a form of currency. I believe a man presented them to the family of the woman he wished to marry. I don't know anything about efficiency but I think they look so cool.

I'd like to see more African weapons and influence in Warframe. I know one can argue it might not fit because Warframe is largely Eastern inspired, but there has been a lot of Western influence thrown in as well, and Inaros is already in the game. However and his concept is Egyptian based, which is very popular and seems to be the only African mythology most people are aware of, understand and think is cool. Though I don't play the game, I have to commend Overwatch for having three Nigerian inspired characters, with all drawing from Yoruba (one of the major tribes in Nigeria) culture and myth. That's something that is very rare to see in a popular video game I think. I'd like to an Orisha inspired Warframe, or a sort of (sadly generic) African warrior type Warframe.