Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assassination Sorties

DarkFlameZealot

Invulnerability phases/spots/weak points make trying to do these sorties a waste of time, especially when recruiting chat and/or clan/alliance chats are dead as all heck due to not being able to build a team of buff Rhino, Octavia, trin, etc to pick out exactly what you need to beat the boss in less than about...4 years or so. Lephantis today is a disgusting example of the numbers game's sad reality in combination with the defensive modifiers like elemental resistance/physical resistance; it takes ages to even kill one of the worm-heads in phase one and even longer in phase two. Sheer hp numbers in tandem with absurd levels of defensive buffs make the game pointless and, as it is a fast paced game, a dragging on long-term fight that isn't worth anyone's time at all (unless you really like shooting an enemy for an hour). Ruk and Kril are laughable as their weakpoints are baited out by strategies we found out long ago, but Lephy isn't one to give any fekks about strategy unless you consider all 3 heads coming up, not attacking at all to reveal weakpoints, then going back down and wasting more time due to an incompetent Slowva.

Even with maxed weapons, forma and rivens on them, the sheer health and time spent waiting to even be able to damage bosses in the first place is completely opposite of how this game has been set up to play: fast paced, constant moving and shooting, etc with the strength to slaughter anything until mindless tactics run out against infinite enemy scaling (aka these badly thought out bosses). Were the sorties for lvl 100 bosses limited to anything other than defensive buffs (eximus stronghold is fine), then the game wouldn't take an over-excessively long time to complete one simplistic mission. Vay Hek and Ruk with armor buffs due to sortie is horrible, and lephantis with the other buff is even worse as it's basically a god-tank with the highest hp values due to having negligible armor even with aug armor.

I just want this to be re-thought out similar to how other missions have been changed to benefit a higher difficulty as they were implemented into sorties. They aren't meant to be time-hogs or impassible missions (melee only Kela would be impossible iirc), nor to have people leave simply because it's not possible to kill a boss. Vay Hek was the last straw for invulnerability bosses and you know it. It's time for some patching and reworks for sorties that you've long neglected.

1 minute ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

it takes ages to even kill one of the worm-heads in phase one and even longer in phase two.

Takes less time in phase two, actually.

The only problem with sortie Lephantis is that giving it either type of damage mitigation makes it take ages to kill. Really, almost any sortie level boss has this problem, but the rest of them don't have clear damage reduction like Lephantis does.

Don't make this about boss invulnerability phases because that isn't the issue here.

I don't think you understand, when you have gathered the warframes you want, the weapons, the mod, the focus, the game presents you a challenge and it's up to you to find a way to overcome it.

If it's elemental enhacement, why not do a critical build with phisical damage only, why not add buffs like rhino, nova,...., why not use madurai for extra phisical damage?

The solutions are out there, it's up to you to find them.

Yeah, I'm planning on going in with my usual Phoenix Renewel Oberon + Opticor build. Things should go how they usually do, with all my teammates dying once, but not going down thanks to my buff and heals, and us wiping out the boss in around 3 minutes.

EDIT:
Just beat with a Nova, and an Opticor Mirage (And Volt for Quick travel to Boss, and occasional Shields.)

Took us 7 minutes, so, little more than twice as long as I mentioned before, but it was pretty easy.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

8 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I don't think you understand, when you have gathered the warframes you want, the weapons, the mod, the focus, the game presents you a challenge and it's up to you to find a way to overcome it.

If it's elemental enhacement, why not do a critical build with phisical damage only, why not add buffs like rhino, nova,...., why not use madurai for extra phisical damage?

The issue is that even with all those mods, frames, focus (as if anyone other than those that like laser beams chose something besides Nara/Zenu/Vaza) and even rivens, it still takes an eternity. Sorties are still pub games if you put MM on public, so there's really no call for them to be near impassible due to nobody wanting to search for parties. The game isn't solo, nor should it be forcing you to take specific items to win the game (only Trials require that with the injector, frames are laughable except LoR)

24 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Elemental enhancement on infested WITH armor is always a crime. Lephantis or not, the only thing that would work, being corrosive will do significantly less than normally, to the point where you can question if you just wasted a mod slot. On top of that, Lephantis doesn't get status proc and most mods that aren't about damage have an absolute pathetic effect with such low powers.Other mods that are about damage but aren't from event suffer from the same issue.

Ever used piercing hit, continuos misery, eagle eye? Those mods are so occational and don't do anything constructive at all.

At this point I'm questioning myself if mods like "strong against infested" would have an effect on Lephantis.

Another big issues with Lephantis is that he gets that bothersome buff permanently from Juggernaut WICH NEVER COMES OUT if he roars even once. That's probably what makes the fight so long 

Man. This is the exact sortie assassination I was dreading ever since they fixed Lephantis' DR being entirely absent in multiplayer for clients. Level 100 pure health boss with over 90% damage reduction and enormous resistance to elemental damage.

I'm sure I could kill it eventually, especially if I actually went in with a team, but it sounds entirely not worth the frustration and tedium.

7 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Invulnerability phases/spots/weak points make trying to do these sorties a waste of time, especially when recruiting chat and/or clan/alliance chats are dead as all heck due to not being able to build a team of buff Rhino, Octavia, trin, etc to pick out exactly what you need to beat the boss in less than about...4 years or so. Lephantis today is a disgusting example of the numbers game's sad reality in combination with the defensive modifiers like elemental resistance/physical resistance; it takes ages to even kill one of the worm-heads in phase one and even longer in phase two. Sheer hp numbers in tandem with absurd levels of defensive buffs make the game pointless and, as it is a fast paced game, a dragging on long-term fight that isn't worth anyone's time at all (unless you really like shooting an enemy for an hour). Ruk and Kril are laughable as their weakpoints are baited out by strategies we found out long ago, but Lephy isn't one to give any fekks about strategy unless you consider all 3 heads coming up, not attacking at all to reveal weakpoints, then going back down and wasting more time due to an incompetent Slowva.

Even with maxed weapons, forma and rivens on them, the sheer health and time spent waiting to even be able to damage bosses in the first place is completely opposite of how this game has been set up to play: fast paced, constant moving and shooting, etc with the strength to slaughter anything until mindless tactics run out against infinite enemy scaling (aka these badly thought out bosses). Were the sorties for lvl 100 bosses limited to anything other than defensive buffs (eximus stronghold is fine), then the game wouldn't take an over-excessively long time to complete one simplistic mission. Vay Hek and Ruk with armor buffs due to sortie is horrible, and lephantis with the other buff is even worse as it's basically a god-tank with the highest hp values due to having negligible armor even with aug armor.

I just want this to be re-thought out similar to how other missions have been changed to benefit a higher difficulty as they were implemented into sorties. They aren't meant to be time-hogs or impassible missions (melee only Kela would be impossible iirc), nor to have people leave simply because it's not possible to kill a boss. Vay Hek was the last straw for invulnerability bosses and you know it. It's time for some patching and reworks for sorties that you've long neglected.

Soooo basically you want to one shot the boss or fell it under 5seconds?

Yeah, Sorties bump up difficulty, which is their whole point. It should take a while and require your full attention to stay alive, even if you're supposed to feel super overpowered and quick everywhere else. Boss fights being long in Sorties should be part of the package--sometimes they might even be fun if it gets to the point where everybody can die if they're careless and you need to focus really hard on dodging attacks, reviving teammates, etc. They're one of the only places you can come across high level content, anyway--it should have a different atmosphere than the rest of the star chart.

That being said, I do agree that invulnerability phases, especially when random and dragged out (as others stated, like when Lephantis pops up and does nothing before going back under), do diminish the amount of fun. While the boss is invulnerable, it turns into a waiting game and sometimes it might feel out of your power to speed up the fight (maybe some kind of secondary strategy/mechanic could be implemented for those bosses where players could force open a vulnerability, if only to keep them occupied and engaged).

I don't think this is a problem with all bosses, just the ones who rely on specific weakpoints to do ANY damage like Lephy or Ruk, two of the older bosses that could honestly use some upkeep as the whole "I can only be damaged at this weak spot for X amount of time" is just...way more annoying. If it was "I take less damage from all sources except for my weakspot." it would be better.