Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creepy Mirage!!

Soaron

Edit: 8/30/2017

Time is of essence... Actually thinking of leaving early from work tomorrow to properly finish this LOL :crylaugh: Can't dissapoint my fellow Tenno! There's some detail tidbits that I definitely want to get right and also be able to spend a little extra time making sure the material is good. Don't want to skimp out on finishing this one. I think I finally found the name for this skin: Metalhead Mirage - :devil: (for many obvious reasons) hehe

I would say this is 87% done. Definitely not shippable, but very close to it.

JF1r1Li.png

----------------------------------------------

Edit: 8/26/2017

Pretty much done with the sculpt!! Here is an update on the helmet, and re-posting the images from the last post! Onto the texturing!!

Cdah817.png

CgNsSNy.png

aEOS3FZ.png

NPT7x1W.png

6WHwV49.png

A30Dk2z.png

hyyd4c0.png

================================================================================================================================

Hello! This is my first ever TennoGen project, Mirage is my favorite frame so I thought I'd honor her! :)

I'm going for Halloween Creepy Mirage... Not sure what to call the Skin yet, is that something that matters too much? Inspired by zombies, skeletons, guts, gore, brains.. all that sort of thing lol

I'm also curious if the helmet might seem too Oberon-ish? I really wanted to go with pseudo-devilish horns but I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about it. Don't want it to get disqualified and I'm still early to make some changes.

I'm kinda halfway there, just about a polish step away from a bunch of parts and still haven't touched the forearm piece.

I hope you guys dig it!

5ekJPdN.png

M4TT1Ep.png

YtvU0ms.png

oeU4l8a.png

vmUfhxz.png

Edited by Soaron

@.LeiA._ Hm, I'll see what I can do about that, as I don't want to push the spikiness too much since I can't modify the body's geometry.. if I could man... that'd be another story. heh

@Elvangreen Yeah, perhaps in my final polish pass I can flatten some of the detail and add more of the 'techy' detail. Thanks for the observation! Here's a close up:

Vc6Hxey.png

Feet close up...

GPwtUy9.png

Trying to frame the scariness.. hehehe

PWeQAQq.png

15 minutes ago, AandOE said:

If she drops Infected Palpators too, I'm gonna be sad. XD

:satisfied:

I hope to finish the sculpt soon cause I want to spend a good chunk of time on the materials... i'm definitely gonna try to add nifty PBR metallic stuffs to enhanche the bling factor and also because why not?!

16 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

Reminds me of a spooky folktale I heard growing up. I like it. 

wow that's awesome!!! thx for all the comments!

consider this bought when it gets into the game...this has a real doom feeling for me and considering what kind of nuclear bomb mirage can drop ingame with the appropriate weapons she fits some kind of harbinger theme. and since im into demonic/mutated/infested themes anyway im digging this big time. now if we only had the appropriate syandana and armor to add to this...

Incredible sculpt! I can definitely see the zombie, horror inspiration that you added into the shapes and patterns. I love all the neat details strategically placed in areas you wouldn't even expect any detail, like the back of the knee armor. The neck area is definitely my favorite. Can't wait to see this in-game if you catch my drift!  ;)

Hello!!

Finally got to make another update! About 90% done on the sculpt, just need to polish-pass the calves, and the arms. Almost everything else is pretty much there!!! Feeling the urgency coming quick.. I do hope they extend the deadline 1 more week.. *wink wink* lol

Showing here a straight front/back, and some detail shots!! Itching to get the material going but first things first.

@Sypherys Yess... I honestly I'm always thinking of hall of mirrors... :D

@Kynian LOL bleeechhh!!!

@IStandAlone22 yes!!! haha I hope it makes it to the game too!! :smile:

Thanks for all the comments! :lotus:

CgNsSNy.png

aEOS3FZ.png

6WHwV49.png

hyyd4c0.png

NPT7x1W.png

A30Dk2z.png

Halfway done here! Textures need a good amount of work, but this gets me really close in terms of color separation and tinting...

Next thing I'm going to define the materials a bit more, add emissive, and extra polish...

This is actually displaying 1024x1024 So I want to show what would be closer to the in-game as opposed to dazzle with super hi-res shots. I definitely lost some detail from the sculpt but I wanted to push to see how far it can go... Now I know. :satisfied:

This is my own setup in UE4, but its very close to the Evo Engine - using tints as multiply's over the grayscale base. I still have to run my setup through the Substance Painter shader to make sure it all works out...

Still not done with the helmet so only showing body here... Helmet should share the material of the body so imagine it being along those lines.

FelT8WZ.png

O4LLDKu.png