Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That Bane of Corrupted is a thing isn't it time we got another build slot?

Sabreracer

Weapons have the three build slots A B C which almost everyone uses for Grineer Corpus and Infested/Corrupted.

Isn't it time we got slot D so we can build specifically for all four enemy faction rather than either fudging it or having to change things around in your build when you change missions

It's like all those "banes" are useless in regular builds anyway. I have weapons doing tons of dmg without them, and putting them as replacement on some weapons just makes them weak (for ex. in void fissures, where you are facing two factions at once most of the time). Maybe when they remove mods like Serration etc.

55% does not turn some people on, and it been like that for Primed Mods.

More Slots? Maybe x2 more slot, but you are talkinga bout increase to Capacity, and that not easy. Stance for WarFrame, (maybe Augment which had been mentioned.

3 hours ago, Xyhon said:

It's like all those "banes" are useless in regular builds anyway. I have weapons doing tons of dmg without them, and putting them as replacement on some weapons just makes them weak (for ex. in void fissures, where you are facing two factions at once most of the time). Maybe when they remove mods like Serration etc.

Yeah if Bane was 60% instead of 30% (almost like Archwing), then Primed Bane of ______ would at most give 115%. :smile: 

Honestly I don't see why not. I don't think the A B and C were intended to be for different factions but it's the most useful way to set them up. Personally, I'd prefer having at least one per enemy faction (when sentients finally officially drop as a faction instead of special enemies).

5 hours ago, Sabreracer said:

Weapons have the three build slots A B C which almost everyone uses for Grineer Corpus and Infested/Corrupted.

Isn't it time we got slot D so we can build specifically for all four enemy faction rather than either fudging it or having to change things around in your build when you change missions

I've always just used one slot for every build except for Nova.  For Nova I have max speed, max slow, & normal speed with vulnerability. 

I have to upvote this. I am one of those people who use "grineer" "corpus" "orokin" weapon slots and I was always wondering why there are just 3, because there are 4 factions.

18 hours ago, Xyhon said:

Useless? If you have a build that has the usual mods (serration+split chamber+heavy caliber with point strike+vital sense with three elementals like stormbringer+infected clip+primed cryo) you can either replace heavy caliber or primed cryo rounds and lose ~5% of the damage, while there are distinct benefits for doing this:

Replacing heavy caliber gives you your normal accuracy back, so you can shoot enemies more accurately over long distances. Replacing primed cryo rounds (which is a lot of damage btw) will give you more procs on the corrosive, making the weapon strip armor (for example) much faster than it did before since it is the only elemental left on the weapon on top of physical damage attributes.

Replacing any 90% elemental with primed bane is huge increase in dps, if you can do this (for example weapons with low crit chance = no crit mods on them) and funnily enough if you have a weapon with weak disposition and you use a riven for it that is not "godlike" (like for soma prime) a primed bane can easily be better as it multiplies all the other damage your weapon is doing.

Having said all that, primed bane would still be the one that is left out when you are running out of room and your build requires at least one elemental combo, like corrosive or radiation or whatever.

Edited by runx0

15 minutes ago, Xyhon said:

I use mainly builds and weapons that combine status + crit. Which is requiring use of all slots, and don't justify replacement. Also, Rivens. They outclass these Primed Bane. But to each their own.

For viable hybrid weapons, that may be true in almost every case but for any non-crit viable weapon, Primed Banes are easily superior to their alternatives 99% of the time. On status only weapons, it greatly depends but in general, you'll have one slot and they're definitely way stronger than e.g. a 90% elemental mod.

In either case, additional config slots are long overdue and there's no reason not to implement them. Unless server capacity is an issue again but in that case, they could even charge for them, so whatever.

Edited by rngd444

5 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

55% makes a difference, you will have to sacrifice a slot.  maybe an extra bane/cleanse slot ?

That'd be, bluntly put, quite stupid as it would be the same as Serration and the like (you'd always have it equipped because there is no reason not to) which is the exact opposite direction from where 'mod economy' should be going to. Primed Banes are already a very real option since their introduction; people just deny them for whatever reason (can't math, don't want to max them which admittely is ridiculously expensive, 'no free slot' while slotting an inferior 90% elemental mod instead (just as in the vid above; also, what's with that lone Vital Sense? Further, not having the 90% elemental would increase the number of Slash procs which will further increase damage done past the normal damage calculation)).

As it has already been said, replacing Heavy Caliber on accuracy-dependent weapons is also a very real option. As for Primed Cryo Rounds, I never understood why people would even consider running this mod unless they run 4x CP 100% of the time (at which point you trivialised the game to the point of non-existence anyway, so whatever); in any other case, you either gimp your procs and/or get a theoretical damage boost on paper that isn't worth much in high level scenarios.

Rule of thumb: non-crit weapon? Best mod after Serration and Split Chamber in almost all cases. Potential (definite, depending on accuracy preference and status) option on crit weapons up to, I think, 30% crit chance and no 3x multiplier (it's been a while since I last calculated this) and where you don't want to aim every shot (i.e. Bladed Rounds). Rivens may or may not change the above for crit weapons but you (probably) won't have them for all your favourites anyway, so yeah.