Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So limbo...

--UMBRA--Mask

Ok, people are just way too toxic. I mean, this one dude started S#&$ just because of my name? I made this name out of pure boredoom about 3 years ago. We were in an endless meso squad and this one guy, just because of my name, (he was limbo btw) started to banish me continuously the whole game. And that got me thinking... why can limbo do this? Why does he possess such an over powered ability with 2 edges? Like, on one side... he can save his teamates, restore energy to them, save the rescue target, etc. And on the other side, he can just troll people so they lose missions. I actually found a thread saying that a limbo trolled the whole squad, putting them in banish non stop, losing the mission. (I suppose it was a defense mission?). But yeah... I'll just let this thread slip by. This is more of a vent than anything else.

The limbo troll v. Tbh, i didn't mind what he said. I minded that he ruined the game experience for me.

unknown.png

Limbo is a progression stopper and slows down missions. There is no other way to cut it. The person might just use limbo as intended and it still causes the mission to slow down. It is annoying and I understand the frustration. IMO the rework was bad aside from the quick action for in and out for rifting. 

8 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Limbo is a progression stopper and slows down missions. There is no other way to cut it. The person might just use limbo as intended and it still causes the mission to slow down. It is annoying and I understand the frustration. IMO the rework was bad aside from the quick action for in and out for rifting. 

Learn to slow down. Limbo is better now than he was initially.

I mean, i understand being mad at a max range limbo who freezes the whole map, but you shouldn't just hate on people for using frames if it doesn't actually directly negatively effect you. I run limbo on every single sortie mobile defense. My bubble is close to 50% range and only covers the terminal and freezes enemies trying to damage it. I have never once been hated on for this as it always helps out the mission. Another use: sortie tyl regor assassinates or missions with high level manics, limbo can freeze and kill manics to avoid others being randomly killed out of nowhere. He is also amazing at rescue missions. Break in, freeze all wardens, banish target and leave, that doesn't slow anything down at all. I can understand both sides of this big controversy but there is no reason to just hate on people who use limbo because you've had a bad experience with one over-zealous limbo'er

22 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Limbo is a progression stopper and slows down missions. There is no other way to cut it. 

Min range cataclysm + stasis is the best protection for pods and terminals, plus banish for operatives. But yeah there's too many players who don't know how to play him properly and too many trolls. 

Playing as Limbo with more of them in your squad is a complete mess, especially when your builds are different ranges and durations...

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

38 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

What exactly is so different than using Nova, Frost bubble, Voban or anything else sticking enemies all together somewhere?

33 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Learn to slow down. Limbo is better now than he was initially.

IMO no. I cannot cast rift on friendly players without tagging unwanted mobs or vice versa. I liked Limbo before and I believe he is worse now.