Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

9 minutes ago, Weidro said:

and you are wrong again

IgnusDei donated the skins to DE he never asked for anything for making these skins
there are no contracts
and if looking at his responds he would still like to see his skin ingame

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

That would be against their contract they have, you ah...realize that right? :p

do i even need to debate an already hashed topic now?

I’m well aware I’m being biased towards the deluxe skin. If players are going to hate the skin, you have to give them constructive criticism instead of bringing out the pitchforks while ranting.

Like I did say though, just because players hate the skin,

Mate I can understand where you coming from but wont work when so many players already gave them serious negative feedbacks before the release which they discarded and then people started calling out for the past involving Iggy indicating DE's second mistake.

2 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

doesn't mean they’re going to revert the skin. Not going to happen.

Game lives on a community so if I may ask, WHY NOT?

2 minutes ago, Dark_Prince_Duke said:

I think you missed my point here and trying to put up an argument, I'll re-quote 

Also wanna add, the new deluxe skin is just a rushed and pushed infested version of normal ember model with a few things here and there. Period.

How did you come to infested? Are we talking about the same skin? It's clearly armored with scorched head and some fancy feathers.
Also, your point was "i hate it, everyone hates it". Not a good point.

3 minutes ago, Dark_Prince_Duke said:

Mate I can understand where you coming from but wont work when so many players already gave them serious negative feedbacks before the release which they discarded and then people started calling out for the past involving Iggy indicating DE's second mistake.

Game lives on a community so if I may ask, WHY NOT?

1) They had a contract with the designer 

2) DE worked hard on the deluxe skin

3) They’re not going to revert it back

It’s seriously illogical to revert a deluxe skin, doesn’t make sense one bit. If players don’t like it, then don’t buy it.

I have my opinion, others have theirs.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

Just now, Rociel said:

your point was "i hate it, everyone hates it". Not a good point.

Its better not to continue as it seems you are bit unaware of the situation. I have no right to speak on behalf of the whole player base here but there are several pre and post release threads here and in Reddit showing the actual scenario and reflecting the thoughts of the player base. Take care and have a good day :)

1) They had a contract with the designer 

2) DE worked hard on the deluxe skin

3) They’re not going to revert it back

It’s unlogcial to revert a deluxe skin, doesn’t make sense one bit. If players don’t like it, then don’t buy it.

I have my opinion, others have theirs.

ah, to misqoute a very old piece of media 'crap by any other name will smell as sweet'

6 minutes ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

ah, to misqoute a very old piece of media 'crap by any other name will smell as sweet'

Like I said, they likely had a contract with the designer, which is Digital Extremes’ had to redo the skin from the bottom up.

Seriously though, at the end of the day, it’s a skin, if you don’t like it, then don’t buy it.

And if players are going to give DE hate, please be constructive criticism. DE members worked hard on the skin.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

The ember skin sucks compared to the original concept. Biting our tongue over it and just letting it happen won't tell DE how we don't like it. The most constructive idea of "protest" over the skin though, aside from voicing our opinions here, would be to simply not buy it. Maybe in the future after seeing the backlash about this' they'll allow us to vote on a deluxe skin, like tennogen, rather than just change it. If course that's only if we were to run into this problem again which I doubt will happen honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Dark_Prince_Duke said:

Its better not to continue as it seems you are bit unaware of the situation. I have no right to speak on behalf of the whole player base here but there are several pre and post release threads here and in Reddit showing the actual scenario and reflecting the thoughts of the player base. Take care and have a good day :)

You and your like-minded people you gather around you are not the majority of the community. Neither are people that post on forum/reddit. Neither are the most vocal community members. All of them together account, best case, for 10% of the users. I don't see 26 million people voicing their opinion here.

Also, like i said before, you had 0 objective arguments, it was just a rant about how you feel. I read your post thoroughly twice, but honestly you don't have to prove me anything or even read what I`m writing.

I`m sure DE sales will show weather people liked it or not and they will react accordingly. I already put my vote in.

48 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

As of Update 22.2.0, the Nekros and Ember deluxe skin bundles came out. They both look absolutely incredible, good job on the deluxe skins DE! 

But on to the issue at hand. Players are going crazy on Ember’s deluxe skin because they wanted the old original concept, which I can understand from their perspective because I liked the old concept as well. However, we got a total 100% different deluxe skin. Which in my opinion, I love it, the skin looks amazing!

To all the players out there that are mad at DE for doing what they’re doing for choosing the other deluxe skin instead of the original concept, please calm down, the hate needs to stop. It is seriously getting out of hand.

If you don’t like the skin, no need to get pitchforks and hate DE.

People hate the skin because it's ugly. Not because of IgneusD

Just now, Rociel said:

You and your like-minded people you gather around you are not the majority of the community. Neither are people that post on forum/reddit. Neither are the most vocal community members. All of them together account, best case, for 10% of the users. I don't see 26 million people voicing their opinion here.

Also, like i said before, you had 0 objective arguments, it was just a rant about how you feel. I read your post thoroughly twice, but honestly you don't have to prove me anything or even read what I`m writing.

I`m sure DE sales will show weather people liked it or not and they will react accordingly. I already put my vote in.

:)

Reading back on many comments on this thread it feels like when ember came out the chicken joke was really funny and that the artist just couldn’t get past it.

It's really sad to see a frame treated so poorly, this is not a peacock, it’s not a Phoenix, it’s a chicken. And no matter how much love and dedication was put into it, it is still an ugly baby.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)JCM_Unlimited said:

The ember skin sucks compared to the original concept. Biting our tongue over it and just letting it happen won't tell DE how we don't like it. The most constructive idea of "protest" over the skin though, aside from voicing our opinions here, would be to simply not buy it. Maybe in the future after seeing the backlash about this' they'll allow us to vote on a deluxe skin, like tennogen, rather than just change it. If course that's only if we were to run into this problem again which I doubt will happen honestly. 

Exactly, if it's constructive criticism, which is fine. However, DE are going change the skin. What's done is done.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

it basically looks like a rooster

I've always thought she looked like a deformed rooster lol. I always assumed it was meant to be more "phoenix-like" but didn't work out that way.I figure this just looks as bad, in that regard, as her other skins lol.

htrQesq.pngSWLX4sA.pngsLuVO3M.pngQmPIB7U.pngyCSuusx.pngio9fH6g.pnglJyRs4d.pngTqFwTTJ.pngaZvfgp4.png

Let's play a game. Try to guess which ones are Ember and which ones are roosters....

Personally, I preferred the original deluxe concept, but I think the new one looks ok. I don't enjoy playing Ember though, so this is one of the few Deluxe skins I never intended on buying unless they rework Ember, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

2 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

But on to the issue at hand. Players are going crazy on Ember’s deluxe skin because they wanted the old original concept, which I can understand from their perspective because I liked the old concept as well. However, we got a total 100% different deluxe skin. Which in my opinion, I love it, the skin looks amazing!

This is a pretty silly reasoning. In reality not that many people are in on the drama. I found out about it only upon the deluxe's release. The skin honestly looks bad and to add to that they are using worst color scheme as default possible.  

The bird theme was never really a thing people saw in ember. Yes ember's design has some bird-like qualities but for the player that's not what stood out. It would make some sense if there were references to bird nature with like fiery wings appearing on some ability casts or something more that associates with bird besides the mohavk. The bird focus would make sense if it had more fire to it. 

Oberon has horns on all of his helmet cosmetics. Is the deluxe focusing on making him look like a bull? No, because there's nothing bull about anything oberon does. Cosmetics that divert from the main theme somewhat still have some association to it, like Frost - vikings are associated with cold climate and do look cool. Ember deluxe went with the bird design when it should've been fire bird.

The original deluxe design at least stuck to the fire aspect. 

Edited by BattledOne

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I've always thought she looked like a deformed rooster lol. I always assumed it was meant to be more "phoenix-like" but didn't work out that way.I figure this just looks as bad, in that regard, as her other skins lol.

I think this one looks more like a rooster because of the 'organic' nature of the design, and they can't really say it's phoenix inspired because most representations of a phoenix use a LOT more fire in the designs. 

Chucking my oar in here to hopefully see if I've got my research done right;

The deluxe skins for Rhino, Trinity, Oberon, Ash, Mag and the original Ember were done by a community artist IgnusDei. You can see his work on his DeviantArt page, it's really good. However, DE puts a note in all their agreements saying that once you hand over the design, DE are allowed to make modifications to allow it to fit into Warframe.

So this is the difference between IgnusDei's artwork and DE's adjustment to it:

SnLw4lD.jpg

As you can see, they put in the head-comb blade, capped off the smoking sections on her arms for profile detail management, gave her weapons extra spikes, added in the strange skirt on the side there, and completely morphed her hips to some... interesting anatomy preference.

This had IgnusDei quite upset as the other concepts were put in pretty much faithfully to the original. There are some adjustments, but they're subtle. This isn't very subtle.

So quite a ways after he designed the Mag one, and DE accepted it, and did the changes to the arms and hands which made it a little easier to skin the frame with, this whole argument blew up.

Ignus ended up not wanting DE to use his work if it was going to be so heavily edited, and DE said 'sorry to hear that, good luck with the future', which is company speak for 'you're not working for us again'.

Here's the apology thread from IgnusDei:

So hopefully this explains why DE didn't use the original concept.

Now... am I pissed at not getting this beautiful, sleek, sexy looking two-toned Ember? Undoubtedly yes.

Do I like the replacement? Actually... I'm coming around to it. It has some fun jiggle-bones and a really nice amount of metallic balance to it. I'm torn between the bright, fire colours that it could be, and my usual desire to put the Orokin theme on everything...

Unpopular opinion incoming.

I love deluxe skins because they broaden the warframes theme, bring in something new to it, make it look and feel very different, while staying true to their powers.

Starting with IgnusDei original concept for Ember Deluxe, I was not a big fan of it. I was ready to accept it and buy it because it was extremely different to what Ember is currently, but then it just looked like an business-woman in a suit, with infested flesh on her side. Nothing, except that burning hole on her back, spoke to me fire theme, phoenix or chicken (which i was I have been calling ember from the start). I was worried about colouring because anything except fire-colours on energy would transform her from fire-themed frame into infested frame in seconds. I was worried it would end up like Frost did, where his skin doesn't go together with anything else the frame has to offer. I like to mix up my deluxe skins with other helmets. But, like i said, i would have bought it.

Syandana is awesome. Nuf said.

New, released, Ember Deluxe skin feels very comforting to me. I bought it, i used it, I recoloured it and I like it. However, it's not that good because it feels comforting. It doesn't go far enough for me to be a deluxe skin, it doesn't challenge my perception of Ember, it's just kick-&#! looking vanilla Ember to me. The colouring options completely sell it to me though, because I can easily match dark and light colours on it, providing that sweet punch to her looks. It has good outlines, which I really like as well, since I`m not a huge fan of that Zephyr's  melted ice-cream look. What I really miss is more flame effect. Ember Prime's helmet if really nice with it's flame, i really hoped to see more of that in Ember Deluxe - it would speak volumes to her theme.

I`m not sure I like the Nekros Deluxe skin as much, thou I see the appeal some people see in it. Nekros was always a skeleton themed warframe for me and from deluxe I was expecting something more to Lich theme, hooded or crowned mage, centuries old and oozing black magic. What we got is a little mixed bag for me. Obviously the actual deluxe skin is themed more towards demons, his helmet expresses that really good. Overall it comes over and reads well, but it offers absolutely nothing new to his theme for me. Model doesn't look that different from the original either, you have to stop and look at it to see that it's actually a different model. The hole in his chest looks a bit cartoonish to me, as do his "soul vapors" effects. I still rolled with it thou, the deluxe is a bit more visually appealing and easier to colour for me personally, than his other skins, but I still believe a tennogen could have achieved the same result for me.

In conclusion: I really like that DE stick a bit closer to original models and let me mix my other skins with the Deluxe variants, however, In my eyes, there is a lot of potential lost by not stepping that one step closer to the fringe and making Deluxe skins less like originals.

Edited by Rociel
Added missing sentence I forgot to put in.

19 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

You guys have all been snorting too many argon crystals. It's not a chicken. It's a mother@(*()$ velociraptor. DE should just add free raptor claw leg armour to the deluxe skin and we can all be clever girls.

Well she is a rooster xD

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I think this one looks more like a rooster because of the 'organic' nature of the design, and they can't really say it's phoenix inspired because most representations of a phoenix use a LOT more fire in the designs. 

With that particular comment, I meant all of her designs may have been loosely based on a phoenix since they are bird concepts and she is the fire frame.

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

As of Update 22.2.0, the Nekros and Ember deluxe skin bundles came out. They both look absolutely incredible, good job on the deluxe skins DE! 

To all the players out there that are mad at DE for doing what they’re doing for choosing the other deluxe skin instead of the original concept, please calm down, the hate needs to stop. It is seriously getting out of hand.

If you don’t like the skin, no need to get pitchforks and hate DE.

To be fair, a large part of the community did voice their dislike of the new design and how overly done it is. They even proposed a silver lining of sorts to the revised Ignus dei's design as to get what they wanted in regards to DE's own creative team's preferences.

Far as I'm seeing it's just the public feeling like their voice being ignored HARD by DE and it was one that went on for quite some time so yeah, people being vocal about their standing on the matter isn't too far fetched/ out of hand (yet anyways). It ain't like they're flat out calling DE names etc and most criticism that I see boils down to "I'm passing on ember's deluxe skin".

Far as I'm concerned, thanks DE for saving a couple hundred plats.