Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

1 minute ago, UrielColtan said:

Skin tight suit, you mean Ember.. This is jagged armor with cinders and partly prismatic skin with flame pattern lining. You picked a pretty trivial thing to call the skin out for, being "skin tight" of all things, how lazy. Your attention to detail could use some development beyond negligible.

Relax, Tenno. I have no obligations to you as far as degree of elaboration of my personal tastes goes, I named my reasons, flawed as they might be.

Just now, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

Relax, Tenno. I have no obligations to you as far as degree of elaboration of my personal tastes goes, I named my reasons, flawed as they might be.

I didn't really ask to begin with, you felt oliged to reply after I called out a meme for what it was.

On 2.11.2017 at 1:36 PM, xXDeadsinxX said:

As of Update 22.2.0, the Nekros and Ember deluxe skin bundles came out. They both look absolutely incredible, good job on the deluxe skins DE! 

But on to the issue at hand. Players are going crazy on Ember’s deluxe skin because they wanted the old original concept, which I can understand from their perspective because I liked the old concept as well. However, we got a total 100% different deluxe skin. Which in my opinion, I love it, the skin looks amazing!

To all the players out there that are mad at DE for doing what they’re doing for choosing the other deluxe skin instead of the original concept, please calm down, the hate needs to stop. It is seriously getting out of hand.

If you don’t like the skin, no need to get pitchforks and hate DE.

Nobody hates DE for that.Hate on the Ember skin is not = hate on DE.

Please try to see it this way.People are a consumer of a product.The Ember Deluxe skin is a product ! When they dont like it or even hate it they can raise their voices in the forum and can give feedback.

Thats all what im seeing here.

Another problem is the Deluxe skin was a one time chance because normally there isnt another deluxe skin for warframes.Ember really needed a good one but yeah in my point of view (for my taste) the new skin is ugly as f***..

On the other hand the new Nekros skin is for my taste a masterpiece.

Credit where credit is due but on the other hand critique should be possible too.

Edited by K0bra

I didn't like it when I saw it in the Devstream either, I definitely think the standard colors do it a disservice.

Seeing it in the game though I think it looks great, the physics of the "feathers" and how it looked in my own colors was enough to make me buy it.

No offense meant, but judging by the poster's username and glyph it is not surprising they would defend something so lacking in style (imo).

DE want feedback on what they release. DE got feedback. It is up to them whether they do anything regarding that feedback. But we know they won't because Megan said it won't be last skin for Ember. Why? Because Tennogen. Not because they plan to release an official remodel style skin.

Either way, they changed nothing when there was negative feedback on Banshee deluxe so that is the primary reason why the hate threads should stop. In this field they are pointless.

3 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

I didn't like either one. Not carrying a pitchfork, but I'm not going to suddenly like the skin. 

I'm also not going to suddenly like the Volt deluxe they showed on reddit. 

Oh god, that volt deluxe...I'm just going to forgot it's existence.

Not liking something is not HATE, finding something is worse than something else is no HATE, pointing out reason of why something is bad is not HATE.

Hate is what you have for people that take something you love and turn it into something twisted and ugly. Hate is what drives people to back away from something they used to enjoy.

Know the difference Tenno.

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What game are you guys playing?

I still don't get how people are so offended by an "ugly" skin in a game like Warframe where things tend to look odd and ugly. Original Ember didn't look conventional either.

I honestly don't get pearl clutching.

Let's see, imagine for a second that you love a frame, enough to put 30 formas on it, now imagine you see all other frames getting beautiful skins, and you know the one you love is a fan favorite so it's gotta get a good skin and then, then you get a overused meme instead "hey member that chicken ember joke? now she a peacock lol".

28 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Let's see, imagine for a second that you love a frame, enough to put 30 formas on it, now imagine you see all other frames getting beautiful skins, and you know the one you love is a fan favorite so it's gotta get a good skin and then, then you get a overused meme instead "hey member that chicken ember joke? now she a peacock lol".

Again, this obsession with "beautiful" ..... Get over it. 

The drama is so overdone and nitpicky that the best response to it all is truly "if you don't like it, don't buy it" 

Warframe embraces unconventional design. That should've been obvious by now. It's why we haven't gotten a bad a** dragon warrior with smaurai armor in this game, and instead got Chroma. 

As an artist, there is only so much you can do or say to defend your work. It's not a shoddily done skin, craftsmanship is not the issue.

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The drama is so overdone and nitpicky that the best response to it all is truly "if you don't like it, don't buy it" 

Warframe is game for grinders and collectors, not buying a skin is not a real option for most "serious" players.

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Warframe embraces unconventional design.

What's unconventional about this skin then? At best this is the most convetional skin for Ember there could be.

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's not a shoddily done skin, craftsmanship is not the issue.

While many others do think that it is poorly done, I believe it was poorly conceptualized, the team didn't get away from the fire bird concept and instead of something new and exciting they brought something stale and overused. People wanted something new and unconventional, instead they got an upgrade of the base skin.

I guess people just don't like how Ember has always been stuck with the fire turkey look. She deserves better look but due to copyright or whatever, the original deluxe cannot be used, so too bad.

I also don't like how DE likes to design frames looking like animals. Some animal fetishists in DE design team? lol

On 11/2/2017 at 8:36 AM, xXDeadsinxX said:

As of Update 22.2.0, the Nekros and Ember deluxe skin bundles came out. They both look absolutely incredible, good job on the deluxe skins DE! 

But on to the issue at hand. Players are going crazy on Ember’s deluxe skin because they wanted the old original concept, which I can understand from their perspective because I liked the old concept as well. However, we got a total 100% different deluxe skin. Which in my opinion, I love it, the skin looks amazing!

To all the players out there that are mad at DE for doing what they’re doing for choosing the other deluxe skin instead of the original concept, please calm down, the hate needs to stop. It is seriously getting out of hand.

If you don’t like the skin, no need to get pitchforks and hate DE.

Stop having opinions I don't have: The thread.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

No..., lol, it is an option? Are you on something? If you don't like the skin, why would you waste your resources on it?

On one hand I have all the other skins, my collection wouldn't be complete without it. On the other hand, I can't not have one of Ember's cosmetics.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Yes you can. It's called "don't purchase it".

You seem to be reading the things I write but not understanding them. I can't afford to not purchase it, for one it's plart of the deluxe skins collection and for another it's my favorite frame of all time.

Get it? 

1 minute ago, zzzNitro said:

You seem to be reading the things I write but not understanding them. I can't afford to not purchase it, for one it's plart of the deluxe skins collection and for another it's my favorite frame of all time.

Get it? 

Oh no, I completely understand what you're saying. But are saying you "can't" when you simply are making a choice. I like Nova. Did I buy that skin pack because I happened to like the weapon skin? No.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Oh no, I completely understand what you're saying. But are saying you "can't" when you simply are making a choice. I like Nova. Did I buy that skin pack because I happened to like the weapon skin? No.

The thing about players that can grind for hours on end, many times reaching the 3-4k hours on the games they play is that most are hardcore collectors, and once you start something you have to finish it, so here I am, I have the illusion of choice but for all that matters if I'm not buying the skin to make a stand I might as well stop playing completely.

All this is to illustrate why it's so important to not check units sold as a sole indicator of customer satisfaction.

5 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

The thing about players that can grind for hours on end, many times reaching the 3-4k hours on the games they play is that most are hardcore collectors, and once you start something you have to finish it, so here I am, I have the illusion of choice but for all that matters if I'm not buying the skin to make a stand I might as well stop playing completely.

All this is to illustrate why it's so important to not check units sold as a sole indicator of customer satisfaction.

Okay,,, you do you bud, but I'll be saving my Platinum for something I actually like...

7 minutes ago, zzzNitro said:

Wow, this is hilarious. 

So because you're obsessed with collecting, the art team needs to create skins you approve of?

I would more sympathize with the outrage if the skin looked out of place and didn't fit the warframe aesthetic at all.... Which ironically those other deluxe skins are somewhat guilty of.

Also, people are purchasing and USING the skin so...

Edited by Hypernaut1