Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good job DE ( no seriously good job on Harrow)

bronzebonobo

Harrow, EXCELLENT warframe, all of his abilities are great, except the issue with his 1 sometimes not working properly, but honestly whoever designed harrow needs a raise, he actually makes me contemplate between him or trinity for a mission, excellent job and keep it up

I like him better than trin in really any situation. He does what she does and then adds cc, damage buffs, reload and fire rate. Plus his model is cooler. Trin has him beat in ease of healing and energy replenishment and that's really it. She still has the flaw of redundancy in her kit; I don't think any other frame has it as bad as she does. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

I like him better than trin in really any situation. He does what she does and then adds cc, damage buffs, reload and fire rate. Plus his model is cooler. Trin has him beat in ease of healing and energy replenishment and that's really it. She still has the flaw of redundancy in her kit; I don't think any other frame has it as bad as she does. 

she is very boring lol, i only got her because i wanted to do raids at the time, she just collects dust at this point

1 hour ago, bronzebonobo said:

Harrow, EXCELLENT warframe, all of his abilities are great, except the issue with his 1 sometimes not working properly, but honestly whoever designed harrow needs a raise, he actually makes me contemplate between him or trinity for a mission, excellent job and keep it up

Title overextended for clarity.

Condemned in General Discussion to Feedback]Warframes&Abilities.

21 hours ago, bronzebonobo said:

he actually makes me contemplate between him or trinity for a mission

For me, there's nothing to contemplate. Harrow is my first choice, now, if I need a healer, unless I'm doing LoR (and in that case, someone always has a better Trinity than mine, so I bring Safeguard Nezha).

9 hours ago, Hecro said:

But it's nowhere efficient as a headshot-oriented player

latest?cb=20150111021451

Rending Crane :thumbup:

There are a few stances with easy headshots in their combos. What's your preferred weapon?

10 hours ago, Hecro said:

But it's nowhere efficient as a headshot-oriented player

There are a ridiculous amount of melee weapons and stances. As the poster above me pointed out, some stances especially are really helpful for getting a lot of headshots. 

Personally I have not really found melee any less effective, and I have tested both fairly heavily, but it depends on playstyle/preference/weapon choice and so many other factors. 

Against infested, with the right melee that headshots a decent amount, if you add in the fact you are just getting a lot of kills period for stuff like thurible, even though some won't be headshots, you will more than keep your energy topped up all the time. You just have to be a killer. 

I get what you are saying, in that melee, depending on the melee, may not be as reliable as a primary for headshots. But with the right melee, or just getting a lot of regular kills if you are playing infested or something, you will be imo just as efficient or close enough to it that the strategy works fine for sortie 3 play with melee weapon. 

1 hour ago, DreamsmithJane said:

-snip-

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

-snip-

Thing is, I believe we shouldn't be forced to stick to a concrete stance/weapon in order to pull out a few headshots to make a Warframe work better. In my mind, a reasonable solution would be increasing a little bit the energy given per melee kill and deleting the headshot multiplier (let's get our facts straight with this one. Melee shouldn't even be able to score such thing as headshots).

Plus, take into account that scoring a headshot with those stances is not something you will get every time you try.

I don't see any kind of debate, the good primary/secondary player will get loads of energy by little to no effort, whereas I should use (p.e.) Tempo Royale even when Cleaving Whirlwind has been already proven to hit way higher damage, hence only limiting my damage.

Edited by Hecro

1 hour ago, Hecro said:

Thing is, I believe we shouldn't be forced to stick to a concrete stance/weapon in order to pull out a few headshots to make a Warframe work better.

You're not forced to do anything, any weapon will do fine when enemies are completely incapacitated.

Using "appropriate" weapons, however, will net you an even better result.

I for one would call that good game design. *shrug*

31 minutes ago, Hecro said:

Thing is, I believe we shouldn't be forced to stick to a concrete stance/weapon in order to pull out a few headshots to make a Warframe work better.

Then don't? You're not "forced", so IDK what the problem is. I just told you you have options. Rending Crane and similar stances have good synergy with Harrow. And there are a lot of them, not just one. You can even use a gunblade or a glaive if you want. Hint: Orvius special throw always headshots, and has an improved crit multiplier.

32 minutes ago, Hecro said:

(let's get our facts straight with this one. Melee shouldn't even be able to score such thing as headshots)

That makes no sense. Vulnerable points don't stop being vulnerable because they're attacked with an object that gets its force from your arm rather than some sort of projectile mechanism. Get your own facts straight.

34 minutes ago, Hecro said:

Plus, take into account that scoring a headshot with those stances is not something you will get every time you try.

Neither will the player using a gun.

1 hour ago, Hecro said:

I don't see any kind of debate

There's not a debate. Harrow can melee efficiently. There's nothing to say otherwise.

35 minutes ago, Hecro said:

the good primary/secondary player will get loads of energy by little to no effort, whereas I should use (p.e.) Tempo Royale even when Cleaving Whirlwind has been already proven to hit way higher damage, hence only limiting my damage.

Rending Crane, not Tempo Royale. Also, CW's Broken Bull is stupid and clumsy (the same issue with Crimson Dervish versus Vengeful Revenant). More importantly, headcrits match the Broken Bull multipliers, and Rending Crane pulls them out much faster (i.e. immediately). Though if you're really determined to use Cleaving Whirlwind, you can just use the Sundered Tusk (hold forward) combo to get headshots. It has four overhead strikes at the end of the combo. But that's the problem. They're at the end of the combo. Rending Crane starts with headshots, and continues them throughout.

Use the tools designed to do the job you want to do. Or...don't, and then complain about it. Your choice.