Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vay Hek - is there a way to kill him quickly?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

(this post is only in regard to the first form in the final Vay Hek fight; not the mech and not the ones you can skip)

I can beat Vay Hek, but it's always a pain because it takes so long.  He floats around, invulnerable, until he finally graces the world with his weak spot.  I fire a single powerful projectile into it, and he immediately closes shop.  Repeat until I am bored to tears.

From my experience and what I've read, each time Vay Hek opens his weak point, the amount of damage he can take is capped.  Which means that if I shoot Vay Hek with a hypothetical weapon that does 1000000000000000000 damage, it will still only do a tiny fraction of that damage to Vay Hek because of the cap.  Which means that the only way to beat him quickly is to ensure that each time he opens up, you're dealing damage up to that cap, and that beyond that there's no way to end the fight any faster.

This is what I think I know, but I could be wrong, or there could be something I'm missing.  Is what I've written here correct?

To be clear, I'm not looking for a loadout or group setup for this fight.  I just want to make sure I have a correct understanding of the mechanics.

11 answers to this question

You're right on how it work but there are some things to know that make the fight easier.

First, Vay Hek take status effects, even while his invulnerability phase, meaning you can deplete his armor with some corrosive and also use status that deal DoT to see when he is not invulnerable anymore (when ticks are no longer 0 damages).
Next, some explosive weapons can bypass the fact Vay Hek only take damages on headshot, so it make the fight easier.

My method to defeat high level Vay Hek is to use Mirage, Ogris and Euphona prime.

• First deplete armor by using 100% status corrosive Euphona with Hall of Mirror for more projectiles.
  • Shoot an Ogris Rocket with the Napalm Nightwatch mod to see when he is no longer invulnerable with the 100% innate heat proc.
  • Spam Ogris Rockets when he is vulnerable, until he change location.
  • Repeat from step one for each room.
  • When he use take the Terra armor, deplete his armor again and kill him with Ogris.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

(this post is only in regard to the first form in the final Vay Hek fight; not the mech and not the ones you can skip)

I can beat Vay Hek, but it's always a pain because it takes so long.  He floats around, invulnerable, until he finally graces the world with his weak spot.  I fire a single powerful projectile into it, and he immediately closes shop.  Repeat until I am bored to tears.

From my experience and what I've read, each time Vay Hek opens his weak point, the amount of damage he can take is capped.  Which means that if I shoot Vay Hek with a hypothetical weapon that does 1000000000000000000 damage, it will still only do a tiny fraction of that damage to Vay Hek because of the cap.  Which means that the only way to beat him quickly is to ensure that each time he opens up, you're dealing damage up to that cap, and that beyond that there's no way to end the fight any faster.

This is what I think I know, but I could be wrong, or there could be something I'm missing.  Is what I've written here correct?

To be clear, I'm not looking for a loadout or group setup for this fight.  I just want to make sure I have a correct understanding of the mechanics.

you can stop it with stomp or slow it with nova if it make it easier to aim. Other than that you just hit it when its open. 

NB: Multishot Snipers, Shotguns or Opticor works nice too

Edited by Samuel_sfx

Torid. Corrosive+Fire.

Constant damage, armor stripped in seconds, once the blob explodes on him, he can do whatever he wants and fly like a crazy chicken, he will take damage during 6-12seconds. It should be enough for you to send him another blob. This way, you don't really have to care about the vulnerability period, the cloud will attack him on its own. This allows you to relax and focus on the other task:

=> during the fight, make sure to kill little enemies close to him or you, to prevent him from regenerating himself or you to be killed. I recommend Ash or Mesa to easily do so, but any warframe able to efficiently kill them all quickly shall suffice.

That's my tactic. Very likely not the only one, but efficient for me.

Supra V + mag bubble and polarize armor strip. Bubble makes everything hit his weak spot so long as it's open. Supra because Supra.  And armor strip because armor strip. Doesn't really make his constantly invulnerable self die faster though. People who use slow make me cry since all it does is slow his animations, break vuln invuln phase visibility and not extend his vulnerability. 

Edited by maj.death

Another very comfortable way to kill him is Condition overload redeemer with healing return and Bullet dance.

Just hold RMB and keep shooting in the direction of his head, you will heal faster than he can damage you and you dont really have to care if he is open or not. It just instantly hits the damage cap whenever he opens.

Edited by -skimmer-