Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie 'Rewards'

-ZeroStar-

The past 7 days worth of sorties I've received 7 Anasa Ayatan Sculptures.  This isn't Maroo, this is a Sortie.  I've been back for over 50 days now and I've gotten a grand total of 4, yes 4, Rivens.  NONE of which were for any weapon worth using...  One 3day booster.  One Greater lens, a Zenurik, but I already had everything I wanted out of that focus well before I got that lens.  The rest have been Ayatans...  I just don't see a point in doing Sorties anymore if these are the kinds of rewards I get.  It's just not worth the hassle!

okay.

you know you can sell those statues for platinum to players, yeah?

and you can buy veiled rivens with that same platinum.

I mean what is your feedback here, that the RNG wasn't kind to you? That's kind of what this game is built around.

I've always thought we should switch to a system similar to the void, where you can influence the RNG.

1 hour ago, JSharpie said:

you know you can sell those statues for platinum to players, yeah?

and you can buy veiled rivens with that same platinum.

Sorry but I had to laugh at this.

fully starred anasa (super common) = 5p each at best

any useful riven = 100 to 5000p.

Yeah.  No.  Endo has always been far far too common as a reward.  They just made it look pretty and turned it into a decoration.

I'm fine with Anasas because fashionframe, but for the love of god can they please fix lens drops.

If I want to level up a specific school (i.e. the way the Focus system is designed), I only want one sort of lens, and really I only want a Greater lens. In the current system, even if you get a lens, there's an 8/10 chance that it will be literally useless to you. At least Ayatans can be traded or turned into Endo, a lesser Unairu lens is garbage if I'm a Madurai user.

If a lens drops, give us a universal lens that we can turn into the specific school that we want, I understand that some rewards have to be worth less than others, but if I don't get a lens for my school then doing the sortie that day was 100% a waste of my time.

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Sorry but I had to laugh at this.

fully starred anasa (super common) = 5p each at best

any useful riven = 100 to 5000p.

Yeah.  No.  Endo has always been far far too common as a reward.  They just made it look pretty and turned it into a decoration.

You can easily sell anasas for 10 each, and unrolled rivens of weapons that aren't in high demand range from 50-25. Buying rivens with good stats is a waste of plat anyway, as they are either decent but could be significantly better, or are much to expensive.

5 hours ago, torint_man said:

unrolled rivens of weapons that aren't in high demand

ie, trash rivens no one really wants.  Doesn't change the fact, though, that endo is/was/and probably always will be way too common.  The fact that there are a dozen new threads per week about sortie rewards should be a glaring indicator of a problem.

People can defend the system all they want, call it RNG or whatever, or just politely explain how they can get what they want another way, it won't dissuade very many from the obvious belief that the current system is just terrible.

I fully agree with OP - as a veteran, for whom according to DE sortie content is I don't want to get more useless lenses (i already got 4 focus trees done) or endo (currently sitting on 400k and don't even want to know how much I could get by dissolving duplicates). The other rewards, well 2/4 boosters are okay, I won't complain about potatoes even though I got 50 each stockpiled and well legendary core happened twice to me in the 2 years sorties exist now.

Rivens are the only really worthwile reward for me and many others like me. I know a lot of mr20+ who just stopped doing sorties altogether because 4/5 times it's just a giant disappointment. I still don't understand why DE didn't give us that token system they spoke of on a devstream before. I wouldn't even mind if it took 3 sorties to get enough tokens to buy 1 Riven, at least I could choose if I'd get myself a melee, secondary, primary or shotgun one.

Also while I'm on the topic of things I don't understand, let's go a little bit off topic. In one of the last devstreams, they said transmuting 4 rivens into 1 new one would feel like a waste to the players. I feel like dissolving 4 Panthera rivens to 23 Endo each feels worse than transmuting them to anything else.Worst case I'd free up 3 riven slots and would get another panthera riven, that's a win in my books and it would furthermore help with DE's database problem. Rant end.

My last 5 or so sorties have been Anasa sculptures each time; I just sigh, stick 'em somewhere in my ship, and pour another drink. 

Since I'm likely to get sculptures anyway, I've started only doing the stupidly easy sorties (e.g., "exterminate -> mobile defense -> assassinate" ones - trivial to do and no chance of failure). If I'm going to get an Anasa sculpture, I'm not gonna work hard for it. :D

On 29.08.2017 at 8:44 PM, Radagosh said:

I still don't understand why DE didn't give us that token system they spoke of on a devstream before.

I think their way of thinking is "rather than fix broken stuff, let's make something new based on the proposed changes", which helps to move the game forward simultaneously avoiding the confrontation between the satisfied and the dissatisfied parties..