The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was it like to play Warframe for the first time

(XBOX)l Alexios l

Dark, intimidating, but also aluring. Hearing teh Tibet monks within the halls of the Corpus Ship, was a surreal but incredible experience, hearing the ship's announcer speak english made it feel, alive.

So yeah, it certainly changed alot, but it was fun.

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cooldog234jr said:

Was easy, hard, fun, or exciting

I learned very quickly that I needed to play solo to truly enjoy the game.  Once in solo mode, my enjoyment increase by a large margin.  Then I approached this game in the same ways I did Dragon's Dogma, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, and Shadows of Mordor.  

Unclear, kinda boring at first(no fault of the devs other than I wasn't sure of what I needed to do) Once I found out about the forums and wiki, it was a whole new game entirely. Still a bit unclear and a little intimidating; but I found the grind extremely fun. This was the first grindy game I ever played. 

Like a few others have said, unclear and confusing. I had left the game after a couple of hours trying to figure out what to do and wondering why the most effective weapon I had was the skana.

After looking through the wiki, came back and looked up some advice. Made a whole world of difference after taking time to understand the systems that were in play.

Edited by SurrealEdge

was hard, confusing but also really fun and exciting.

i started together with 3 friends along time ago and noone of us knew anything and we also didnt use the wiki :D so 4noobs running around figuring out the mission what led to many fails but also alot of laughter

I started quite a while ago. Totally alone, no clue what I was doing but I played through the tutorial basically totally solo, found the tutorial and the codex info helped me get the basics quite easily. but as has been said, only the barest basics were really explained, a lot of the tutorial information and other information is really quite bare-boned and some parts of it were actually in need of updating at the point when I joined.

I was lucky enough to find a good clan quite early on and from there got to learn the nuanced parts of the game more easily.

2 minutes ago, Mintaro said:

OMG I JUST CUT THAT MAN IN HALF.

Something along those lines.

Also this..  A lot of this.. So much This.

I can shoot electricity and kill things with a bow and arrow.

I was most excited about the latter. Other than that, I wasn't as confused as a brand new player, since I found the game through watching videos on YouTube beforehand, but it was still hard to an extent.

Edited by PoisonHD

Interesting. Trying to figure out the different systems and enemies was an experience. Trying out and building various weapons was also a lot of fun. I also remember I used to hate fighting infested due to ancient disruptors and toxic ancients (when they used to leave a toxic cloud when they died).

The first time I played I was overwhelmed but it was so fun how you could fly through the air in leaps and bounds.  I felt a bit confused up until mastery rank 3-4 because the game didn't always clarify. It's generally not very noob-friendly and I had to read up on a lot of things. I played solo a lot at first because you have to and also because my friend was way ahead of me in the game. I was always trying to catch up to him. So, well it was a hard beginning but I'm glad I stuck with it.

When I first started my only dream was to get to MR 4 to get the Hek, the ultimate endgame weapon.

I would usually end up joining the first node of a planet and clearing most/all of the rest with a party.

I bought the Akboltos with plat because they did Armor-Penetrating damage unlike my Braton.

People complained Banshee was overpowered because of Sound Quake. Whenever I was low on shield I would cast Sound Quake and regenerate most of my shields during the WUB WUB WUB, because we were invincible during ults back then.

Edited by Ventura_Highway